im moving to Atlanta because i've heard so many great things about it in all of Killer Mike's lyrics

roseweird posted:

i don't know, you should ignore my complaints about new york, i just get extremely cranky about this place every summer, it is extremely loud and crowded, i feel claustrophobic even when i am alone in my room. and then there are the bugs... summers in new york are just awful. i'll feel better about it in october or so

i ignore your complaints about everything

[account deactivated]
im moving to istanbul bc im a bad ass like that

daddyholes posted:

im moving to Atlanta because i've heard so many great things about it in all of Killer Mike's lyrics

EST

mongosteen posted:

i dont understand why you guys live in nyc in the irst place. i mean you know you can just move right. ahahahaha yes, new york, it's $3000 a week to live in a port a potty shared with seventeen people and i can't sleep because i'm covered in parasites and when i go out i am sexually harassed by minorities. wow that sounds like it sucks maybe you should move?? just from the process of induction i can tell that none of you are successful or important enough to actually need to live near manhattan so why not just fucking move

The city is also due for a hurricane bigger than Sandy too.

slumlord posted:

roseweird posted:

i don't really understand people who move here from far away tbh, i moved here because my family wanted me to be close, there were no jobs/affordable housing/education opportunities in my hometown, and it was the nearest city.

is why

also because it's the absolute furthest you can realistically run from hell's knob kentucky or fort imperialism mississippi or bigot's pass wyoming or hillbilly city arkansas both geographically and culturally, and the act of physically covering and maintaining that distance means a lot to people who come here from suffocating hometowns

boston, LA, san fran, portland and seattle are all about the same cultural and geographic distance while being substantially cheaper and less totally shitty to actually live in

maybe the day you wake up covered in bedbugs in a room the size of a Kia Sorento for which you're paying $10 an hour its time to get over your petty highschool drama? just a thought
seattle is a cool and cheap enough, theres jobs here, lots of liberal goobers

SF is pretty dang expensive tho goat
im sure SF is expensive just probably less so than new york.
Washington state's minimum wage is 9.19 USD lol
if audible cat calling is not allowed then am i at least permitted to seductively glare down women?

Goethestein posted:

boston, LA, san fran, portland and seattle

1 so white, 2 hahaha are you kidding me a piece of hell on earth, 3 super expensive and being ruined by lords of tech, 4 white as fuck 5 rainy all year whitetown

sorry but after living in the most diverse and sprawling city in the u.s. i can only imagine moving to the very model of our nation's wealth inequality and militarized police at this point in my wasted life.

why are you so racist

Goethestein posted:

why are you so racist

i dunno dr. goat. what do you prescribe for passive racism against whites?

petey lives in boston

roseweird posted:

and then there are the bugs...

trigger warning that shit jesus

yall should move to the south its warm and cheap and the people are friendly
unless u are a minority

ChairmanMao posted:

unless u are a minority

false, the 'model minorities' live big in the lone star state.

texas is the "fool's south" fyi
south of the mason dixon east of the mississippi for LIFE son

ChairmanMao posted:

texas is open for business. everyone is moving here. a danged nation of fools

SariBari posted:

Goethestein posted:

why are you so racist

i dunno dr. goat. what do you prescribe for passive racism against whites?

crack cocaine lol

SariBari posted:

ChairmanMao posted:

texas is open for business. everyone is moving here. a danged nation of fools

actually i have some friends from peace corps that wound up in austion they tell me that it is a pretty great place to be

im going to move to new york and act all perplexted at traffic lights and mack it with a hot grenwich babe on account of having the worlds best accent
americans do go googoo for ausrtailian accents, it's true

This is what I'm doing when I save up enough money to visit NYC

roseweird posted:

can you give me an example of cultural authenticity? i don't understand this attitude. all cultures are in constant evolution, all cultures are deficient, all humans are deficient, everything is growing. part of the core of a culture is its pattern of change and exchange

Not really, the first Australians chilled here for like 40,000 years barely changing at all until one day immigrants came and everything turned to shit.

"immigrants" is a mild way of putting it. bogan culture is immemorial compared to some stupid old indigenous creeps having first dibs on pre-pubescent girls.
[account deactivated]
the US feels like a giant free trade zone more than a real place. like it's all malls and tacky restaurants and megatheatres and shit. the exact same as canada. the real reason i live in montreal is because all the signs and stuff are in french so it feels like someone cares about the culture at some level. but it's fading fast, i'm going to have to move back to shanghai or to paris or something in a few years.
[account deactivated]
don't live in the burbs you dweeb

SariBari posted:

libelous_slander posted:

SariBari posted:

attractive clean-cut celtic bros

possible new crew?

i don't think anyone here qualifies unfort, let's begin a Clean Cut Celtic Dude Drive

i would like to come on record as being a Clean Cut Celtic Dude.

[account deactivated]

SariBari posted:

Goethestein posted:

boston, LA, san fran, portland and seattle

1 so white, 2 hahaha are you kidding me a piece of hell on earth, 3 super expensive and being ruined by lords of tech, 4 white as fuck 5 rainy all year whitetown

sorry but after living in the most diverse and sprawling city in the u.s. i can only imagine moving to the very model of our nation's wealth inequality and militarized police at this point in my wasted life.

portlands less white than people think, its just been segregated more effectively than any other american city to my knowledge

im goin to be a minor love interest in lena dunhams "girls"
is she gonna go on birthright and have some love across the tracks w/a western ngo worker played by yourself
shut up all of you. every part of the developed world is functionally identical to every other part, the only differences being gaudy but meaningless cosmetic ones