Lessons posted:

of course, i could be wrong. here's a link to the BPS's standards on LGBT care. i know a little bit about transgender care in the UK so i doubt they recommend "on-demand hormone therapy" but i'm also quite sure they don't agree with you a gyrofry that psychiatrists should serve as gatekeepers to sort out "real" trans people from the fakey fakers who are just seeking treatment because they read a blog on tumblr. that's essentially a bigoted response that views trans people as inherently suspicious and possibly deranged, and even if the BPS are bigots i'd expect them to at least be smart enough to cloak that bigotry in less obvious terms. feel free to prove me wrong.

ok i just want to stop you right here and point out that this is not my position at all, that i dont know if transsexuals are being overdiagnosed or even CARE if they are since transppl are really cool and disrupt the status quo and expose the rampant hypocrisy of privileged liberal feminists and deniers of human sexual dimorphism, and that i initially interjected only because it was gratingly obvious that you and whoever else were blindly arguing past each other about two different things without you realizing it, and i wanted to fix that

but then you went on to basically say that psychiatry is a sham, which whatever, believe what you want, but i again felt the need to (correctly) characterize your opinion as cryptoscientologism, which it is. R U a Scientologist? its ok if you are. im a technosatanist marxest with failaids, so no judgement here

tpaine posted:

i don't want to be around

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I know three, count them, 3 butch lesbians
There has to be an easier way!
what will the world do if we run out of butch lesbians? how will it survive? can the flannel industry survive on sk8r bois and femmelesbs alone? I DOUBT IT
you know ive noticed a distinct lack of mccaine-style twinks on the post-lf boards lately. i blame this sudden glut of mtf transposters for ruining our finely tuned LGBLT ecologies
the reasoning behind "transsexuals are ruining the sanctity of lesbianism" is 100% identical to the rationalization Traditionalists use against gay marriage

"thanks to all these insidious sexual minorities, the world is going to run out of my preferred tribal identities! woe is all the mes"
can you believe these fucking traitors? selling out to Big Tranny just to make their lives easier?? nice solidarity, you quisling faggots

Sincerely,
A Heterosexual New Yorker Living In A Rent Controlled Apartment
[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

but then you went on to basically say that psychiatry is a sham, which whatever, believe what you want, but i again felt the need to (correctly) characterize your opinion as cryptoscientologism, which it is. R U a Scientologist? its ok if you are. im a technosatanist marxest with failaids, so no judgement here

i'm not saying psychiatry is a sham, i'm saying the american diagnostic model doesn't benefit psychology as much as you were claiming, (though I'm not even sure if i'd go as far as the BPS, it might be a useful heuristic or important in allowing people to take on the patient role. i don't know). i was also saying that the general public has a skewed perception of how psychiatry (and medicine in general) works and overestimates the objectivity, accuracy and consistency of psychiatrists. if you can't distinguish that from "psychiatry is a sham" then idk why you think you're qualified to tell other people they're talking past each other.

Keven posted:

Frankly that kind of baseless personal attack has no place in formal Debate. If the moderation around here wasn't busy promoting their blogs and twitter exclusively rather than doing their job, I'd expect to see you in ifap. As it is, I'll simply shrug my shoulders and accept that the level of discourse on this website is firmly in the toilet.

i'm not really sure what you're on about here, i guess that i'm arguing sincerely alternating with getting frustrated and telling people to fuck off, but its good to know you find that more annoying than gyrofry concern trolling about trumblr trans fakers and goatstein flinging rancid bigot shit 24/7, on this website, the rhizzone. im glad i know that about you.

u got owned by keven

ChairmanMao posted:

i removed my t1-t4 vertebra so i can suck my own dick w/out bending over also my small intestine so everything i consume gets immediately converted into Shit

your posting was already proof of this

iFederico posted:

Lessons posted:

roseweird posted:
what the hell are you two talking about

trans fakers who are just doing it for the attention

i think it's far more likely they are doing it for the radical inclusivity since the trans community is incredibly tolerant even of totally dysfunctional weirdos

says the liberal

'sexuality' strips sex of joy imo
what's the research say about the distribution of Gender dysphoria? I presume it occurs at the same rate in Indonesia or Tonga as in California or New York but it would be nice to back this up with some stats.
i know butch lesbians under 30 who have never considered FtM fwiw

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

lol like you'd know

jools posted:

u got owned by keven

hes being a dildo

Yeaaaaaaa... I'll go ahead and engage with that... Oh wait. I'm an adult.

daddyholes posted:

lol like you'd know

if theories or discourses on sexuality or sexual ethics enter your head during the act then you're doing it wrong

[account deactivated]

what's the research say about the distribution of Gender dysphoria? I presume it occurs at the same rate in Indonesia or Tonga as in California or New York but it would be nice to back this up with some stats.

why should the result of western, patriarchal imperialist statistics be considered more reliable than self reporting from oppressed people?

Lessons posted:

if you can't distinguish that from "psychiatry is a sham" then idk why you think you're qualified to tell other people they're talking past each other.

bc i haev self=diagnosed aspergers

jools posted:

u got owned by keven

this is Big Kevens world, and were all just shitposters innit

hey federico is your av supposed to be the KILL BROWNS gif? because its just a still image you god damn wop idiot lol
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

lol like you'd know

if theories or discourses on sexuality or sexual ethics enter your head during the act then you're doing it wrong

lol like you'd know

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Lessons posted:

its good to know you find that more annoying than gyrofry concern trolling about trumblr trans fakers

It is important to always assume good faith here in tHE rHizzonE, a place for posting.

I feel so sad when i read that Rosie, not out of pity for you now but for what you had to go through. Do you feel that with a different mother/circumstances you would have happily lived as a male?
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

but i also just wish i had a different body

can you elaborate here? i'm pretty sure that's the case for a lot of people on earth. like you wish you had a womb orrr???

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

"as a male"? i mean, i still am a male, unfortunately. i don't care what people call me, i just wanted to be allowed to take hormones and dress the way i like. of course i wish i had different circumstances and a different family but i also just wish i had a different body

i wish you luck in finding some sort of peace then

between attitudes such as your mothers and the insatiable appetite for profit of the american medical industry though, it seems as if the frequency of gender dysmorphia IS somewhat elastic and contingent upon class and location and background and as such may be encouraged when not neccessary.

Sorry, but the thought of parents and medical men ganging up to railroad a young teenager into something like that just makes me upset.

You do what you gotta do though

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

and there are good reasons apart from my family to want to become a girl, for example if you are a very pretty and effeminate boy, other boys will be attracted to you, horrified by their attraction, and abuse you. as a girl men are much less hostile to me

itt, we learn pretty girls and women aren't abused by males for arbitrary reasons.

i mean what the fuck. i appreciate how much you share and sometimes i'm really nodding my head and then what.the.fuck.