roseweird posted:

i want all life to die and for all things to collapse into their final entropy until reality is nothing more than pure emptiness hanging inside itself and nothing will ever happen again. that is my rational self-interest. what political ideology can make this happen

answered this on p1.

[account deactivated]
how woo'd! - Mary Kate Olson, Full House, 1990

drwhat posted:

.custom157642{}cleanhands posted:.custom157582{color:#FFF5B5 !important; background-color:#B80458 !important; }roseweird posted:i couldn't think of any idols i wanted to commit my entire life to adoring except maybe the internetactually im going to start a literal market cult that assigns personalities to HFT algorithms and offers prayers + sacrifices to themyou say this like it doesn't already happen

some LA area artists are doing rituals to communicate with/worship the financial superentity. i think its lame, but funny

daddyholes posted:

so far i count two correct posts in this thread, mine and deadken's

hes lame and he sucks

dont sign ur posts
[account deactivated]
ken, you should write a murder mystery where an extremely unpopular govt official is murdered and three or four different leftist organizations vie to take credit, maybe some low-rent baader meinhof kids, and the ETA, and a sleeper cell, and so forth, to the extent that they are faking evidence and faking alibis for each other. and at the end one of them openly kills another, very unpopular prominent person, to "prove" they were responsible for the first killing, and this incidentally sparks actual rebellion, but in the denouement its also quite clear that these people are NOT prepared to run a revolutionary government. honestly you can just clean up this post a little and you'll have it
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

maybe some low-rent baader meinhof kids, and the ETA, and a sleeper cell, and so forth

untitled..........................dedicated to swampman super of the swamp

tpaine posted:

have you read his writing, terry? i haven't

idk didnt he get linked to from gawker, for somehow finding a way to make guys on okcupid appear foolish, so maybe he can write something too, i dont know how that all works

[account deactivated]
juche
yeah deadken's no cabbage patch kids.

deadken posted:

dont sign ur posts

argh! *explodes into dust*

swampman posted:

ken, you should write a murder mystery where an extremely unpopular govt official is murdered and three or four different leftist organizations vie to take credit, maybe some low-rent baader meinhof kids, and the ETA, and a sleeper cell, and so forth, to the extent that they are faking evidence and faking alibis for each other. and at the end one of them openly kills another, very unpopular prominent person, to "prove" they were responsible for the first killing, and this incidentally sparks actual rebellion, but in the denouement its also quite clear that these people are NOT prepared to run a revolutionary government. honestly you can just clean up this post a little and you'll have it

id read the hell out of this, and i dont read

Ross could feel Joey's stiff rod in his bowels. He had never felt so full before. It
felt great! There was a little pain, but that was inconsequential when compared to
the intense arousal it gave him. While he waited for Joey to begin to slide in and
out of his shit chute, Ross was now furiously impaling his mouth on Chandler's
love pole as he continued to fuck his ass with his fingers. He loved the feel of
Chandler's hot, wet mouth as it sucked on his rod. He began slowly thrusting his
hips backwards and forwards to match Joey's careful movements at his rear end.
His sphincter would contract involuntarily every few seconds, increasing the
pressure on Joey's steel battering ram.

After Joey had developed a good rhythm and had convinced himself that Ross
was loosening up enough to take some changes, he called out "Switch places!"

daddyholes posted:

Ross could feel Joey's stiff rod in his bowels. He had never felt so full before. It
felt great! There was a little pain, but that was inconsequential when compared to
the intense arousal it gave him. While he waited for Joey to begin to slide in and
out of his shit chute, Ross was now furiously impaling his mouth on Chandler's
love pole as he continued to fuck his ass with his fingers. He loved the feel of
Chandler's hot, wet mouth as it sucked on his rod. He began slowly thrusting his
hips backwards and forwards to match Joey's careful movements at his rear end.
His sphincter would contract involuntarily every few seconds, increasing the
pressure on Joey's steel battering ram.

After Joey had developed a good rhythm and had convinced himself that Ross
was loosening up enough to take some changes, he called out "Switch places!"

good job everyone

lol if you think rational self-interest exists
Like most people here, I am pretty exasperated and annoyed with Libertarians. And like most people here, there were times when libertarian ideas were at least partially appealing to me. But eventually the ideas behind the movement became secondary to what I noticed about the demographics of the Libertarian Party: cranky old white people who wanted to pretend they were "rebels" forever or young people with a superiority complex (and possibly a side of ASD). Whatever the ideological truth behind libertarianism, the stereotype of the Libertarian has swallowed that up. And this narrowing of interest is probably why the Libertarian Party continues to lose elections. There are no Libertarian Party politicians who have a position above City Council.

But then we get to the recent trouble with the gigantic government spying operation. As well as drone warfare. And interventionist foreign policy. And a generally well-founded suspicion on how corporation and government bureaucracy interact. And a "war on drugs". And racial profiling. And so many other ways that our civil liberties can be infringed.

The problem is one of denotation versus connotation. The denotation of libertarian is someone who believes that civil liberties are important. The connotation of Libertarian is...colloidal silver, fedoras, grumpy baby boomers, cruise ships anchored 15 miles off the coast of San Francisco, the belief that anything less than a 30 round magazine means that the UN is coming to take are guns, the gold standard, dog-whistle racism, complaints about poor people buying beer with food stamps, Robert Heinlein, Ayn Rand, etc.

So is there anyway to advocate for civil liberties through electoral politics? Because at this point the Libertarian Party has gone so far into ideological fantasies that they are worse than useless at advocating for civil liberties.

What should we do if we don't mind having fiat currency, fire departments and student loans but would rather not have our personal lives investigated for "national security"?
global peoples war
become real rich and enjoy all liberties plus extra

libelous_slander posted:

Like most people here, I am pretty exasperated and annoyed with Libertarians. And like most people here, there were times when libertarian ideas were at least partially appealing to me. But eventually the ideas behind the movement became secondary to what I noticed about the demographics of the Libertarian Party: cranky old white people who wanted to pretend they were "rebels" forever or young people with a superiority complex (and possibly a side of ASD). Whatever the ideological truth behind libertarianism, the stereotype of the Libertarian has swallowed that up. And this narrowing of interest is probably why the Libertarian Party continues to lose elections. There are no Libertarian Party politicians who have a position above City Council.

But then we get to the recent trouble with the gigantic government spying operation. As well as drone warfare. And interventionist foreign policy. And a generally well-founded suspicion on how corporation and government bureaucracy interact. And a "war on drugs". And racial profiling. And so many other ways that our civil liberties can be infringed.

The problem is one of denotation versus connotation. The denotation of libertarian is someone who believes that civil liberties are important. The connotation of Libertarian is...colloidal silver, fedoras, grumpy baby boomers, cruise ships anchored 15 miles off the coast of San Francisco, the belief that anything less than a 30 round magazine means that the UN is coming to take are guns, the gold standard, dog-whistle racism, complaints about poor people buying beer with food stamps, Robert Heinlein, Ayn Rand, etc.

So is there anyway to advocate for civil liberties through electoral politics? Because at this point the Libertarian Party has gone so far into ideological fantasies that they are worse than useless at advocating for civil liberties.

What should we do if we don't mind having fiat currency, fire departments and student loans but would rather not have our personal lives investigated for "national security"?

Vote Jesse Ventura 2016

shoot yourself then your familyt
all thats needed is a change of mindset; one acknowledging that you have no civil liberties. hth