http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2400-traitor-pashtuns-in-the-afghan-national-army/

These beghairata wa murdagawa do not deserve a better life. They get from us a possibility for their life and their family, food, protection and these filthy pigs still ally themsell with their Kundaadhaari and Paki filthy Pathani brothers.

Officers in the U.S. Army routinely praise their Afghan partners: They know the culture, can relate to the villagers and understand regional politics.

But in southern Afghanistan, the focus of the U.S. war effort, nearly all the Afghan soldiers are foreigners too. Most don't even speak the local language. They have to communicate through interpreters hired for the Americans.

"We can be here in the Pashtun area for 1,000 years, but they will never be our friends," said Lt. Gulagha Haksar, a 30-year-old Afghan soldier teamed up with U.S. troops here in the strategic Arghandab Valley. An ethnic Tajik, Gulagha remembers the killing sprees by the Taliban in his hometown in northeastern Takhar province.

"During the Taliban regime, whenever they arrested a Tajik, they beat him. They killed many people," Gulagha said.

good
the pashtuns won the last time round because there are more of them
the US is making the two conditions on peace with the taliban being that they agree to work within the constitution and they agree to stop helping "al-qaeda". that's obama's attempt to salvage the US war aims (democracy plus ending afghanistan's base area status). of course it's ludicrous because the constitutional framework has always been a sham for warlord control, and the taliban can agree not to be a launchpad or training area for foreign fighters solely because that's not the immediate problem.
Pretty crap endgame Obama.
it's 13 dimensional chess so this is actually the opening playing itself out backwards through a time loop. this i sgood for obama
He's only making peace with the Taliban so he can get elected.
Afghanistan truly is a distant oriental land of unknowable and eternal ways and i'm consistently impressed with how clearly they recognize that it is modernity itself (of both the communist or liberal flavours) that is the undoing of a people, their identity and their cohesion.

I hope it never develops and it's bandits, blood fueds and burqas stand as a proud tribute to anti-imperialistic struggle everywhere.
read the OP again, that doesnt say Australia

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Afghanistan truly is a distant oriental land of unknowable and eternal ways and i'm consistently impressed with how clearly they recognize that it is modernity itself (of both the communist or liberal flavours) that is the undoing of a people, their identity and their cohesion.

I hope it never develops and it's bandits, blood fueds and burqas stand as a proud tribute to anti-imperialistic struggle everywhere.

except laying blame on "modernity" is as stupidly abstract as all those academic theses you hate dawg

Iwc read gk Chesterton's napoleon of notting hill

stegosaurus posted:

Iwc read gk Chesterton's napoleon of notting hill

shall do, i like that salty old dog

watched this very ~well spoken~ man yesterday; he conflates usa & soviets a lot, which was amusing

Warlords more like gaylords am i right fellas.

Bearded tribesmen...smdh...lol 64

animedad posted:

except laying blame on "modernity" is as stupidly abstract as all those academic theses you hate dawg

modernity is anything from beyond your valley

The taliban are modern

babyfinland posted:

The taliban are modern

yeah like how LL cool J is contemporary

xipe posted:

watched this very ~well spoken~ man yesterday; he conflates usa & soviets a lot, which was amusing

why is it amusing

why is it amusing

my spontaneous reaction when he said these was laughter; i dunno how much further that can be broken down?
maybe its just startling to hear people beyond the 'free world' Tell It Like It Is