I really am. It's such a pile of shit
Irony protects this forum's minority demographic that lacks a hard on for nyc.
your avatar stinks
So what if something means things it doesn't explicitly say? Good books do it all the time - not a big deal. I say irony is alright.
I go fucking crazy when people confuse irony with happenstance
i, like irony,
Irony is seriously all I have
irony is a mask for those with no fortitude or self-respect.
irony is the song of a bird who has come to love its cage

-david foster wallace, quitter
WELL THEN LISTEN TO THE MUSICAL STYLINGS OF ANDREW WK the most earnest human on the 'arth

Skylark posted:

So what if something means things it doesn't explicitly say? Good books do it all the time - not a big deal. I say irony is alright.

Skylark, I believe the kind of irony Dusz is tired of is the kind that doesn't mean or say anything. Cheers.

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

Skylark posted:

Skylark, I believe the kind of irony Dusz is tired of is the kind that doesn't mean or say anything. Cheers.

Then he should have have said he's tired of statements that don't mean anything instead of making that huge generalization that pissed off all the irony fans on this site.

what if he was being ironic
what if he was being sarcastic
then it wouldn't mean anything different, as long as he was being unironically sarcastic
the 90s were unironically sarcastic and they were shit
Iron my balls
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
what comes after irony though? i don't really see a way out. the only way is more irony.
welcome, to the republican party

toy posted:

al-haqq

congratulations on overcoming the cultural pull of ubiquitous irony (/Irony off)