This movie looks really good! Also by the way I remember that Cash/Hope/Jobs joke from like decades ago when it was a racist joke about Mexico. The joke is that you were in a car driving past these places and it said "The Home of Steve Jobs" and so on and then you got to Mexico and it said "Welcome to Mexico: No Hope, No Jobs, No Cash."
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

I hope a big Mexican man reads this whole thread and stabs you and breaks your computer.

please, this thread is about an innovator, who changed the way we see the world.

at the end of the movie he either goes back as a young lad to cuss out the girl of his dreams so as to never hurt her or he strangles himself to death in the womb with his mom's umbilical cord.
[account deactivated]
he decreased my labor-value through his line of products and their new social necessity but his TED TALks were popular on the forums I frequent
Bob Hope died on July 27th, 2003
how is that a racist joke

babyfinland posted:

how is that a racist joke

because i said it while punching a latino.

if this film doesn't feature suicide nets it'll be whitewashing history.
Tech Bloggers Turn Apple's Latest Labor Abuses Into New iPhone Rumor
http://valleywag.gawker.com/tech-bloggers-turn-apples-latest-labor-abuses-into-new-952977496
i hope the movie theater has suicide nets
does he die of GRIDS in the movie just like irl or is this whitewashed
remember when steve jobs died and people lined up with candlelight vigils outside of apple stores? good times
[account deactivated]

gastarbeiter posted:

remember when steve jobs died and people lined up with candlelight vigils outside of apple stores? good times

gastarbeiter posted:

Staev Jobs stole a liver from a sick little girl
[account deactivated]
woody allen vs steve jobs: one fucks little girls, the other steals livers from them
"Im a Buddhist!" *desperately clings to life at the great expense of others*
if you think about it, the reason the soviet union failed is because it didn't consider typeface a pressing issue.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

it's cool to know that no matter how much money you have, the big c can still fuck you up

Kutcher is spelled with a K actually

[account deactivated]
steve jobs drastically lowered the bar on what it means to make the world a better place so we should all be grateful
im tsfat
I was watching the barber shop quartet ep of Simpsons and homer says anyone who rises must fall and the kids countermand him with a bunch of people like hope and Sinatra and except for Tom jones I'm pretty sure everyone they named is dead now. Soon we will be, as well.
i wish i could fly around to sufi shrines and shit with my trolling money

ashton and i are basically the same except he chose jews and hollywood and i chose islam and internet.
[account deactivated]
Name him snackson cootcher
http://grist.org/cities/the-dark-side-of-startup-city/

During the BART strike, startups salivated at the chance to make some cash. Rideshare company Avego bought the website Bartstrike.com and advertised constantly on social media before and during the strike, offering low-ish-cost rides for regular folks, and helicopter airlifts to those who could afford them. According to the company, nine people took those helicopter rides.

A crisis for San Francisco’s working class became a business opportunity for its tech class.

babyfinland posted:

i wish i could fly around to sufi shrines and shit with my trolling money

ashton and i are basically the same except he chose jews and hollywood and i chose islam and internet.

um, im pretty sure he was eating DEMI Moore, not Dinty Moore, tom

lol
Steve Jobs created Apple Computer, which was responsible for successes such as: the personal computer, the "smartphone," and evangelist marketing.
Joyful Executions rejected from the App Store for parodying North Korean propaganda

Joyful Executions is a bold debut from 8-Bit Underpants that parodies North Korean propaganda used to influence children.

It's a turn-based survival game in which you play commissar Kim Bok Kyong in charge of a 4-man firing squad. You're up against the clock, managing limited ammo supplies and changing execution methods to deal with the varying enemy types.

The idea is to keep the waves of traitors back by killing them to appease The Divine Leader. Should you let the screen fill with enemies then the game is lost.

Joyful Executions was released on Google Play on July 15th. It took a whole month for Apple to decide to reject the game for a release on the App Store.

Shot Down

As with Endgame: Syria, Joyful Executions was rejected due to not being compliant with guidelines paragraph 16.1, which states "Apps that present excessively objectionable or crude content will be rejected."

This rejection came as a surprise to no one. Fredrik Nordstrom, the sole developer behind 8-Bit Underpants and Joyful Executions, is not amused.

Fredrik tells us that the Apple review team did not give him any suggestions as to how to make the game compliant with their guidelines once they gave their verdict. Unlike other games rejected due to their politically-charged content, Joyful Executions will not be modified in pursuit of an approval from Apple for the App Store.

"It is bewildering, though, how games like Five Minutes To Kill Yourself are apparently NOT objectionably crude for iTunes," Fredrik told us.

"But it's Apple's right to decide what they want and don't want for whatever reason they fancy. However, as a developer, I would appreciate a more consequent and traceable implementation of their guidelines."

Touchy

Apple's rejection of games that include political debate or color real political bodies in any manner is nothing new.

The developers who are bold enough to make games that engage with political topics are, essentially, being censored by Apple.

Games are at a point that they have the potential to engage with a big audience on wider issues of importance. Yet, rejecting these games arguably holds the medium back from this capability.

Fredrik states that ridiculing the North Korean government is important as otherwise the legitimacy of their regime is only being cemented with respect.

"The DPRK leadership's tactics of bullying their way to concessions by use of aggressive threats must not be tolerated," Fredrik told us. "I believe it is imperative for us to not grant them the respect they demand by acknowledging them as equals."

"That's why any parody on North Korea's regime reminds us what they really are. And that's why I'm releasing this game."

Headshot

Before now, Fredrik has also had to answer as to why he uses violence and murder as the central gameplay in Joyful Executions. Surely, this is not necessary for the parody to exist?

He answers this by explaining that he didn't just want to make a parody of "weird propaganda". Joyful Executions is also a satire of how disturbingly easy players are manipulated by morally questionable ultra violence in video games.

Joyful Executions has the player murdering people who cannot, and don't try to, defend themselves. Why would anyone want to play that?

It's the underlying reward systems that keep the player engaged and causes them to turn a blind eye to the acts they're actually committing in the game.

When playing a game such as this, you don't really think about the murder of innocents that you're commanding as you're too focused on pursuing the next unlock that the game dangles in front of you.

While Fredrik won't be toning Joyful Executions down in order to meet the restrictive demands of an App Store release, a "Little Girl's Training Edition" will be released this August in an update. This replaces the human traitors with dummies filled with urine.

Joyful Executions is available on Google Play for Android tablets completely free of charge. It won't be coming to the App Store any time
Hmm... Neoliberalism has made geeks of us all: jocks, nerds, and dweebs alike.