math is not Marxist and consistently erases class
i umm am not good at statistics lol.

i did it this way:

0.3% chance of being trans / 12 =
0.025% chance of being a murdered trans person

but that's greater than

0.001% chance of any given american being a murdered person.

i didn't pay attention in statistics though which is also why i'm a communist.
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

gyrofry posted:

area man actually uses wolfram alpha

im sorry if that offended you

im literally shakign

tpaine posted:

lol if you don't have the power to rape your oppressors.

getfiscal posted:

i umm am not good at statistics lol.

i did it this way:

0.3% chance of being trans / 12 =
0.025% chance of being a murdered trans person

but that's greater than

0.001% chance of any given american being a murdered person.

i didn't pay attention in statistics though which is also why i'm a communist.

haha yeah i actually fucked up my math. the 1/12 murder rate for trans people is actually statistically impossible. whoops!

[account deactivated]
its done
[account deactivated]

thirdplace posted:

Skylark posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

in before khamsek posts some radfem cis bigot rant

once you've seen one of those youve seen em all

hey if that was you who had that little exchange with maggotmaster on the tumblrs recently i enjoyed your voice. it almost inspired me to post a thread here on the toxicity inherent to following politics, as it inevitably involves interacting with particularly awful people, like of course MM is overflowing with bile, he's getting into insult contests with nazis on the reg.. but then i remembered what a mindblowingly redundant observation that would be for anyone here and played a video game instead

sorry but that wasn't me, i dont really do stuff like that

Let M = Probability of being murdered, Let T = Probability of being trans-sexual. Statistically we are given that P(M|T)=1/12, P(M) = 1/100,000, P(T)=3/1000. If we want to find P(M^T), we just need to use conditional probability that P(M|T) = P(M^T)/P(T). Thus, P(M|T)*P(T) = P(M^T), so P(M^T) = 1/12 * 3/1000. Thus we get a contradiction since P(M^T) > P(M) with these numbers. Getfiscal had calculations correct. C-man if you want to apply Bayesian statistics to this, you would need to have the conjugate probability of P(T|M) i.e. what percentage of murdered people are trans-sexual.
i disagree
Mathematics is, I hold, a constructed system of signs and rules for their use, and as such we may, if we wish, create on the edges of our system new rules and signs for deviant cases in which it is permitted that the part exceed the sum of the whole, and thereby show that indeed the number of murdered transsexuals exceeds the total number of murdered transsexuals and non-transsexuals, which I also believe would be a development most advantageous in advancing the cause of social justice.

elemennop posted:

Let M = Probability of being murdered, Let T = Probability of being trans-sexual. Statistically we are given that P(M|T)=1/12, P(M) = 1/100,000, P(T)=3/1000. If we want to find P(M^T), we just need to use conditional probability that P(M|T) = P(M^T)/P(T). Thus, P(M|T)*P(T) = P(M^T), so P(M^T) = 1/12 * 3/1000. Thus we get a contradiction since P(M^T) > P(M) with these numbers. Getfiscal had calculations correct. C-man if you want to apply Bayesian statistics to this, you would need to have the conjugate probability of P(T|M) i.e. what percentage of murdered people are trans-sexual.

Let B = my boot going up your flat nerd butt.

elemennop posted:

Getfiscal had calculations correct.

swirlsofhistory posted:

elemennop posted:

Let B = my boot going up your flat nerd butt.

come at me bro

is a flat butt not, ceteris paribus, the lesser of two evils

littlegreenpills posted:

@Lilly "Trans people do not have the required institutional power to rape their oppressors"

I agree. Get a load of the cis tears in this comments section! LOL! I mean, I dont think anyone should be coercing others into sexual activity, but rape involves power, and ciswomen saying they can be raped by trans people is a joke.

Imagine a cisman saying he was raped by a ciswoman. Nobody is going to take that seriously. If you can understand that, then you can understand why I laugh at ciswomen when they go on about their rape fears around trans people. Ciswomen, we're at risk from YOU, not the other way around.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/a-businessman-is-being-walked-on-a-leash-in-farringdon-9254188.html

elemennop posted:

yeah i did P(M|T)P(M)/P(T) instead of P(M|T)P(T)/P(M)

just let T be T man

swirlsofhistory posted:

Mathematics is, I hold, a constructed system of signs and rules for their use, and as such we may, if we wish, create on the edges of our system new rules and signs for deviant cases in which it is permitted that the part exceed the sum of the whole, and thereby show that indeed the number of murdered transsexuals exceeds the total number of murdered transsexuals and non-transsexuals, which I also believe would be a development most advantageous in advancing the cause of social justice.

i'm not denying that there are phnom penh killing fields of trans people in america.

the murders of transsexual people are not considered muders of actual people by amercan dolice qebartment, thats why fancy maths have no effect in this circumsteance

littlegreenpills posted:

math is not Marxist and consistently erases class

a non-Marxist mathguy told me Marx's 1881 manuscript on calculus is very impressive for the time

he meant this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculus_(dental)

Skylark posted:

sorry but that wasn't me, i dont really do stuff like that

congrats

my voice is more like lucy from twin peaks

c_man posted:

elemennop posted:

yeah i did P(M|T)P(M)/P(T) instead of P(M|T)P(T)/P(M)

lol classic mistake

FOR AN IDIOT

i wonder if Abraham Lincoln did this much math before he decided that black people deserved basic rights and human dignity too
Sorry transppl, we consulted the relevant calculations and......its not looking good.
apparently some people think like only 1 in 500,000 people are trans or something which would make the statistic more plausible. unfortunately, that doesn't jive with the fact that i know literally millions of american trans people online.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
As a white cishet man I'd have a lot more time to care about trans rights if I didnt have to break out the freaking calculator every time one of them makes a post on my internet
the last time i hung out with marxists one of them started telling me that the math you learn in school is "bourgeois math" and wouldn't explain anything beyond that
Paid advertisement.

c_man posted:

the last time i hung out with marxists one of them started telling me that the math you learn in school is "bourgeois math" and wouldn't explain anything beyond that

algebra and calculus are maths for capitalism, humans naturally think logarithmically, in terms of orders of magnitude, and this is replaced with counting, integers, idk what else, in schools. this castrates our ability to understand scale, and our ability to respond appropriately to the evils of global imperialism. im making this up but im probably right

c_man posted:

xe's right

[account deactivated]
math privileges addition over subtraction, therefore it is transphobic
[account deactivated]