yawn, duh, i am v. grateful to my parents etc etc etc too bad they will be flushing their $$$ down some shitty charity like the sierra club.
get them to donate it to the naxalites
uhh yeha Dad its this great people-powered charity that promotes education sustainability and women's rights in rural india. you gotta funnel all the donations through some anonymous shell corporations first though, for...tax reasons
ben steinbeck
this is what gay fascism looks like
im forreal poor not inheriting anything evcer and i love to see two man in a bed
yeah you would love that, wouldn't you?

littlegreenpills posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

roseweird posted:

im surrounded by heterosexual propaganda every day of every week but you never hear me saying stupid phrases like "heterosexual propaganda" so shut up lol

'heteronormativity', 'breeders', 'heterosexual hegemony', 'norms' all mean the same thing and we hear about them all the time

i think you spend too much time on the internet

it's watching modern family that really gets my back against the wall i think

roseweird posted:

i guess its fun for you bc youve revelead nothing about yourself and obviously to reveal anything about oneself is really goddamn stupid, lmao so congrats on your impeccable discretion. leave me alone gyrofry, yes you don't like me, i get it

oh come on you silly goose, don't be so precious! Gyrofry hasn't revealed shit in the 8 (!) or so years i've been posting with him and i don't think that means he doesn't like me.

i don't know, but youre making me want to leave

I still can't work out if this is meant to be a threat, a cry for help or a resolution and i think it might actually be designed to make us feel bad or responsible for your well-being in which case jeez louise it worked, the mechanics of shame striking directly at my guilty catholic heart....i can see how the modern democratic party came about!

i am curious about what the 'deal' with gyrofry is though, he keeps his cards closer to his chest than than a pirate who's gone cashless

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

"dudes kissing is SUPER GROSS" proclaims bhpn, seated on a throne of pristinely unread écrits as a prostituted filipina squirms uncomfortably on his lap. "it reinforces patriarchal relations"

much like a proud woman who objects to the infinite depth and complexity of female sensuality being commodified, politicized and channeled into pillow-fighting sensuality ting cheerleaders, I object to seeing the raw, untamed, luminous masculinity of my bros in arms and I reduced to a flaccid caricature of supposed physical desirability.

Oh and while we're at it, Gay Privilege is never having to be judged on one's negotiation of the idiosyncrasies and misunderstandings of heterosexual courtship, while also providing a convenient....line of flight....from responsibility for patriarchal institutions or behaviors.

A gay ol' way to live indeed

[account deactivated]
I . . . er . . . heh heh. The Commonwealth.

roseweird posted:

i assume gyrofry dislikes me because he continues to target me with transgender quips even though they are rude and upset me, not because he i don't know anything about him

I dare say nobody in this forum is 'targeting' you save the trajectory of their mouse pointer upon your avatar as they deliver judiciously-decided up or down votes.

roseweird posted:

if you feel guilty maybe it's because you behave badly and say cruel things regularly while expecting others to take them in stride.

that's really upsetting and made me feel worse RW i actually have quite deep-seated anxieties about how others perceive me and so use irreverent or ironic humour to create a shield and protect myself emotionally from their judgement of who I really am at my core.

So while i'm upset at the harsh truths behind your characterization of me, I just want to sincerely thank you for bringing to my attention the reality of my spiritual and emotional state.

Ur a fag Chris a right poofter

roseweird posted:

it's watching modern family that really gets my back against the wall i think

do you ever think like maybe if you watched less american television youd be less obsessed w complaining about american culture. youve probably imbibed many times more american pop culture than i have. maybe you seek it out because you like it???

actually i only watched the episode a few weeks ago where they visited Australia, and i must say that your positing of american culture as something a foreigner chooses to imbibe is rather tone-deaf and sadly indicative of an imperialist mindset

Imbibe culture from my cock ya foreign scumbal
*sighs sinks into bed clutching thread to chest* eveyrthings back to normal

babyfinland posted:

Ur a fag Chris a right poofter

it's easy to snigger away on the sidelines Tom, but if being a 'poofter' requires ones having the humility and honesty to confess one's moral failings to a crowd of critical new yorkers, then you can just call me a Gay Weiner and snigger away.

Tom sniggers.

babyfinland posted:

Tom sniggers.

Now we're on to Jefferson's estates? Damn this thread moves fast!

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

actually i only watched the episode a few weeks ago where they visited Australia, and i must say that your positing of american culture as something a foreigner chooses to imbibe is rather tone-deaf and sadly indicative of an imperialist mindset

sorry it just seems like you could maybe stand to watch lesss television altogether

true, it's never as engrossing as when you're sitting down

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

alright then meet me halfway and watch the latest british miss marple production, let me know what you think, i love it, it's ridiculous. and what could be imperialist about something british right

oh fuck no anything but the British mystery procedural, our public broadcaster gets them in bulk from the BBC.....the british manner of speaking is all very clever and nuanced and enchanting until the point where it isn't and you wish forrest gump would appear.......it might be quite entertaining but british crime shows are just one of those things like the beatles or tertiary education that were ruined in childhood by overexposure to middle class boomer parents.....

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

i'm doing a masters in brighton

owen hatherly called it an overgrown creche and he's right.....sorta like Portland in that it's where young people go to retire

yeah brighton is the san francisco/portland of the uk & i'm unable to even say its name without a sneer curling on my lips. should be fun
iwc watch the second season of line of duty (i can't vouch for the first + it's basically an anthology so w/e), it's a british police procedural in which none of the characters are charming or witty or even particularly clever & it's really good
paris is pretty much the bogota/arctic circle of europe

deadken posted:

iwc watch the second season of line of duty (i can't vouch for the first + it's basically an anthology so w/e), it's a british police procedural in which none of the characters are charming or witty or even particularly clever & it's really good

brighton and cambridge were the only places outside london that i got to visit while i was there and yeah i could see it had that semi-permanent holiday extended adolescence vibe just like Bondi but with uglier people and better architecture.

It was cool though, we saw all these (sterling? little birds) fly around in crazy formations and the sea was green which i've never seen before...some bystanders looked annoyed at me and my gf at the time when we started photographing and laughing at the fact the beach was made of rocks. I'm sure you'll have fun once you and Laurie settle down and find a nice terrace near some good schools.

thanks for the tip but i'll give it a miss, the stakes in those shows are always so low because everyone's so mopey you start to feel that the dead/missing person had been liberated rather than killed.

I must be honest though in the midst of all this brit-bashing....i spent the weekend reading alistair campbell's diaries :/

starlings m8. starlings
lol i love the image of two australians staring in baffled amusement at a pebbled beach
that's exactly the quality i like in those shows. if schopenhauer were alive today he'd be writing grim police procedurals
i love baseball, meme's, communism, long walks on the beach, and each and every one of you
no fascist chicks tho
[account deactivated]
i'm moving to montreal and then mayb Pairs

gyrofry posted:

no fascist chicks tho

i was educating my friend on his false capitalist assumptions at the community college parliamentary debate team and this 90lb girl came up and tried to tell me about how bad Soviet Russia/communism was because her parents had some stories and shit aka her family was granted "asylum" in the US because of "what happened in Russia"

on the one hand i wanted to be nice to this little, sad, enfeebled girl (she had some kind of spinal problem) but on the other i had to speak truth to her fascist lies

paradoxically (and sadly), I come across as a chauvinist/aggressive in my speaking style and tend to speak over people when the conversation is based on ignorance, so I end up being a bit overbearing in discussions with people irl (because its so evident how ill informed or insincerely interested in the topic they are)

why are american emigres from progressive countries so fucking stupid?

Edited by Themselves ()

discipline posted:

Hey IWC you seem pretty rich, can you PayPal me some money?

why do you assume so? my family has a comfortable house (i don't) and my parents are financially secure enough to go on holidays and be semi-retired....which doesn't exactly translate into liquidity for me who is collecting a gvt student cheque with a few odd jobs cash in hand, but this is the most expensive city in the most expensive country in the G20 (Cinema tickets now cost on average $20 each lol)

If i happen to come into a windfall then i'll send you some though