Karl Marx was not a big fan of capitalism, as he explained in his landmark book "Das Kapital." Ironically, a first edition of it sold for big bucks at AbeBooks last week for a whopping $40,000.

In the book, the philosophical basis of Marxism, Marx wrote about the fetishization of commodities, decried the bourgeoisie and argued against the exploitation of labor.

Safe to say it wasn't a strict Marxist who could afford to drop $40,000 on a book.

It is the second-most expensive purchase made through AbeBooks in 2014, behind a French art nouveau poster collection that went for more than $43,000. AbeBooks is a storefront for hundreds of used bookstores across the country.

The copy of "Das Kapital" that sold for $40,000 is a first edition. It was published in Germany, in German, by Otto Meissner in 1867.

Perhaps the workings of capitalism are coming back in fashion. This is, after all, the summer of Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the Twenty-First Century," the 700-page bestseller about income inequality by a French economist.

However, AbeBooks notes that despite the critiques, capitalism is doing just fine: the day its "Das Kapital" sold, the Dow hit 17,068 points, an all-time high.

it was too good to pass up

a girl posted this on my facebook timeline as her final proof against my marxism, which she does every few weeks. The last one was a video of a Mitchell and Webb skit where they talk about how Mao was a brutal dictator. She is a vegetarian who doesn't eat gluten. I am going to kill her with a mace
if being a brutal dictator is wrong, then i dont want to be right ~
thanks for this thread about how you want to kill a young woman. here at the rhizzone we find violence against women hilarious.
women hold up half the traffic
you busted upon the case getfiscal

Edited by Gibbonstrength ()

Panopticon posted:

women hold up half the traffic

lmao

[account deactivated]

Gibbonstrength posted:

a girl posted this on my facebook timeline as her final proof against my marxism, which she does every few weeks. The last one was a video of a Mitchell and Webb skit where they talk about how Mao was a brutal dictator. She is a vegetarian who doesn't eat gluten. I am going to kill her with a mace

stop getting personally angry at people for not being marxist lol
my wife unironically said "Marxism is so destructive and Manichean, do you know about Chesterton's Distributism? it'd be much more humane" then i snuggled her anyway
she's right you know
...FAR right
whenever someone disagrees with me i call them cia until they get frustrated enough to just give in because i'm a Real Marxist
lol @ "marxists" here who are too cowardly to stand up for their beliefs irl. also lol @ ppl here who think women are so untouchable they have to be sucked up to in the hopes of getting laid
baby huey what are the other ways u can get laid, i cant think of any
do u really think ppl arent assholes about politics bc they are cowardly? generally no one gives a shit about any given persons politics unless they unless of course they are a pervert or al oser

This, but with a picture of Leon Trotsky
im going to write babyhueynewton / asian prostitue erotica
i'm serious though

postposting posted:

i'm serious though

u and half the "marxists" in ths forum (which for me to lol @ only )

communism is no laughing matter, comrade
"communism"? thats what u call communism then...lol...
DAMN!

babyhueypnewton posted:

lol @ ppl here who think women are so untouchable they have to be sucked up to in the hopes of getting laid

mm, giving them money is far less pathetic

littlegreenpills posted:

my wife unironically said "Marxism is so destructive and Manichean, do you know about Chesterton's Distributism? it'd be much more humane" then i snuggled her anyway

i think im going to be sick

lgp's wife posted:

lol @ people who deny the eternal power of my vagina

babyfinland posted:

postposting posted:

i'm serious though

u and half the "marxists" in ths forum (which for me to lol @ only )

i am grateful that i can still poop even without clicking

gyrofry posted:

i am grateful that i can still poop even without clicking

if you were a real marxist like me, you'd know that soon capital will charge you internet fees for pooping. enjoy having a microchipped toll anus, kkk-pig

Um no I don't microwave all my food because I'm 'lazy' Ok let ME Tell you a little some n about the RFID
The other day I was in a car with two girls and one asked me about my communist politics and the other one jumped in and started talking about Hegel and dialectics and the subject got changed pretty quickly after that
riding in cars with marxists

stegosaurus posted:

riding in cars with marxists

better than dying in kars with nationalists (lil young turk joke for ya there)

[account deactivated]

babyhueypnewton posted:

also lol @ ppl here who think women are so untouchable they have to be sucked up to in the hopes of getting laid

i dont know what this means, but arent most guys on here "bitches?" (sorry, i cant think of a better word). nothing wrong with having a woman control your entire existence, i descend from a long line of such men. embrace your identities.

i think it also has something to do with marxism, my grandfather was involved in forbes burnham's government as a minister or something, he must have picked up the gene and it just stuck on from that point.
not with marxism per se no

TG posted:

The other day I was in a car with two girls and one asked me about my communist politics and the other one jumped in and started talking about Hegel and dialectics and the subject got changed pretty quickly after that

I don't get why it matters that they're girls or what the actual information content of this post actually is other than I guess you had a conversation once, almost