am i in bizarro land? im arguing on facebook about why this wapo piece is shit with an iranian and an indonesian.
english speakers
where do you find ppl to argue with. everyone i know posts the same old liberal consensus guff

ilmdge posted:

Airstrike Hits School Sheltering Gaza Civilians
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/world/middleeast/despite-talk-of-a-cease-fire-no-lull-in-gaza-fighting.html?_r=0

someone let me know if this headline changes

it changed, now "blasts" killed them, probably from some sort of machine(?) or device(??)

in my creative writing class in HS i learned that the fundamental categories of conflict were Man against man, Man against self, Man against society, Man against nature, and Blasts

The Nature of Man is Conflict. In a Word, War.

littlegreenpills posted:

can ppl be CIA wo knowing or being aware of it. am i cia right now

the zzone is full of CIA. Celebrating Incel Awareness

getfiscal posted:

today a UN envoy in iraq held a press conference and was like "you guys.... holy fuck... ISIS just ordered four million women to be genitally mutilated. this is unacceptable!" and reuters immediately ran with it as a straight story, like, UN says four million women going under the knife. then some people started asking the most important question, which is, "huh?" and it turned out that it's possible the whole thing was a game of telephone between the "local tribes" (aka people) and the UN office, since ISIS possibly said the same thing a year ago (and nothing much happened) and it's possible someone just told them about that original directive. others pointed out that maybe ISIS had bigger headaches than trying to conform genitalia to their perception of islamic law, such as fighting a war, and that the imminent cutting of millions of women might not actually be top on the agenda.

anyway they asked the UN envoy about this and she was like oh well umm i'm not sure. so news services did the honourable thing and kept the headline at "four million women getting fucked up" and then simply suggested in the article that there was now some doubt about the story. now in the interest of interfaith dialogue i would suggest that maybe it's not a hot idea to run hard with such an inflammatory story based on very little evidence.

do you have a source for this? it would be pretty handy.

bring back our boys

HenryKrinkle posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

all i see is israelis saying "ya but blacks were nonviolent"

in this case it's mostly one person leading the charge.
http://i.imgur.com/tvbBxVF.png
http://i.imgur.com/qm1zkfv.png
http://i.imgur.com/2C0w7Ci.png
http://i.imgur.com/0rNEZA5.png

there have been other flare ups. like when people pointed out that the original Nigerian #BringBackOurGirls could be exploited by US imperialism that was considered problematic and callous towards black life. really weird.

some people think they know everything i guess

littlegreenpills posted:

so I used to work for a market research firm that was developing this ultraslick new social intelligence platform (basically social media monitor & aggregator). maybe I already mentioned this. anyhow, this engine would take one of those 'Big Data' subscriptions that tracked millions of twitter+facebook+tumblr+pintrest+instagram+etc feeds, and be able to pinpoint different 'audiences', influencers of demographic segments, interests, and events.

so say some big story broke about a political scandal. this thing would be able to see how the story developed across social media, who broke it, who was the biggest driver of the story, what demographics were affected, and what was the emotional reaction across these target segments. not only did this thing track basically every major social media platform in existence, but it also tracked data across 170 languages. when I first saw this thing I was like... the DoD already must have something like this, this is powerful stuff.

Well, sure enough, when I was hustling this program on a trade show floor in Manhattan, contractor-spooks from DC were extremely interested. They told me that they already had these capabilities, but not with 170 languages, and the data presentation wasn't this good. So that's basically what you have: they can detect who major social influencers are and they don't even necessarily have to directly recruit them or insert CIA agents into influential positions, they could just seed anonymous money (a la Kickstarter bullshit for worthless fucking "goon journalists" ) or obliquely promote these influencers over others to encourage people to go down certain lines of argumentation/rhetoric.

What does Upton Sinclair say, 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Well, try to convince some dilettante chauvinist 'lefty' moron to go against his online gravytrain and see how far you get. They're fighting the good fight, right, stopping those barrel bombs and defending the gains of Obama JDPON.

Anyway, you don't have to be directly recruited to the CIA to be basically a spook, they've had front groups for their funds since forever, now they can utilize the whole brunt of sockpuppet, social media anonymity to dominate the conversations, most of which are hosted on American corporate servers in the first place. the house is stacked, and papas got a payday comin'

every day i pray for a coronal mass ejection
haha whoa Crow so thats why im rich.
wahts the klout score u need to reach before u start gettin cia paychecks? asking for, uh, a friend

Crow posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

so I used to work for a market research firm that was developing this ultraslick new social intelligence platform (basically social media monitor & aggregator). maybe I already mentioned this. anyhow, this engine would take one of those 'Big Data' subscriptions that tracked millions of twitter+facebook+tumblr+pintrest+instagram+etc feeds, and be able to pinpoint different 'audiences', influencers of demographic segments, interests, and events.

so say some big story broke about a political scandal. this thing would be able to see how the story developed across social media, who broke it, who was the biggest driver of the story, what demographics were affected, and what was the emotional reaction across these target segments. not only did this thing track basically every major social media platform in existence, but it also tracked data across 170 languages. when I first saw this thing I was like... the DoD already must have something like this, this is powerful stuff.

Well, sure enough, when I was hustling this program on a trade show floor in Manhattan, contractor-spooks from DC were extremely interested. They told me that they already had these capabilities, but not with 170 languages, and the data presentation wasn't this good. So that's basically what you have: they can detect who major social influencers are and they don't even necessarily have to directly recruit them or insert CIA agents into influential positions, they could just seed anonymous money (a la Kickstarter bullshit for worthless fucking "goon journalists" ) or obliquely promote these influencers over others to encourage people to go down certain lines of argumentation/rhetoric.

What does Upton Sinclair say, 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Well, try to convince some dilettante chauvinist 'lefty' moron to go against his online gravytrain and see how far you get. They're fighting the good fight, right, stopping those barrel bombs and defending the gains of Obama JDPON.

Anyway, you don't have to be directly recruited to the CIA to be basically a spook, they've had front groups for their funds since forever, now they can utilize the whole brunt of sockpuppet, social media anonymity to dominate the conversations, most of which are hosted on American corporate servers in the first place. the house is stacked, and papas got a payday comin'

when can we move the rhizzone to some completely anonymized decentralized thing I'm tired of this shit

i can only imagine the number of weak-willed CIA spooks my posts have converted to Marxist anarcho-surrealism so far. keep em cummin boyz, were building an army down here
i stayed up literally all night countering Israeli propaganda on social media and now this girl wants me to come over and help her build a wooden box. this is gonna be a long day
NOT a coffin
uuuhhhhh

?
building wooden boxes can be fun. all you have to do is make a game out of it. see how many you can build in an hour, then try to break that record
as my pal said the first day I met him: "spook or kook they gotta go"
its weird living where i live because i grew up with all this leftism all lumped together and figured that the free palestine stuff and anti WTO stuff i heard while younger (2002 ish and early 90s) lgbt rights, womens rights stuff was all going to obviously be the things that change soon i mean we all listened to rage against the machine and it all seemed p obvious what the issue was and then 9/11 and its like a cultural revolution but backward

then the migration of capital onto the internet for messaging/monitoring purposes occurred which is like skynet shit

Themselves posted:

its weird living where i live because i grew up with all this leftism all lumped together and figured that the free palestine stuff and anti WTO stuff i heard while younger (2002 ish and early 90s) lgbt rights, womens rights stuff was all going to obviously be the things that change soon i mean we all listened to rage against the machine and it all seemed p obvious what the issue was and then 9/11 and its like a cultural revolution but backward

then the migration of capital onto the internet for messaging/monitoring purposes occurred which is like skynet shit

I know... I have the weirdest boner right now.

Well shit, let's all just buckle to empire because technology happened even though more people than ever in America agree with the OP.
1. we built the Box (mostly)
2. we got drenched with a water hose by a small child
3. i learned that white ppl DO NOT spank their kidz
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

Well shit, let's all just buckle to empire because technology happened even though more people than ever in America agree with the OP.

yeah Israel is losing the social media war (even though at the same time it's murdering record number of Palestinians), but you have 'Free Syrian Army' sockpuppet accounts latching on to anti-Zionist content in order to build their own credibility.

that's the whole point of figuring out the concrete online terrain we are working on, a lot of these opportunistic forces know they can muscle in on credentials by riding a popular wave. the fact that Israel has been so blatant and shameless and decades of Palestinian propaganda work is again bearing fruit doesn't bar from opportunistic imperial forces to capitalize on it and/or coopt it

"if you kill one person its a tragedy if you kill a million people its a statistic and it's a lot cooler" - Stalin

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

"if you kill one person its a tragedy if you kill a million people its a statistic and it's a lot cooler" - Stalin

Counterstrategy: Humanize every kill so again youre killing one person at a time http://humanizepalestine.com/

mainne no one gives a fucc

Crow posted:

Counterstrategy: Humanize every kill so again youre killing one person at a time http://humanizepalestine.com/

when 5000 posted that i thought it said "humanzee palestine" which would be way more badass

ISRAEL INTENSIFIES its military campaign against Hamas, striking crippling blows against symbolic targets that include Gaza's only power plant,

daddyholes posted:

ISRAEL INTENSIFIES its military campaign against Hamas, striking crippling blows against symbolic targets that include Gaza's only power plant,

the symbolism is off the charts! top semiologists are baffled!
as derrida famously said, there is no outside-the-power-plant
What does the scouter say about his symbolism level
HAMRA: Just four children and a ball and the beach. And, of course, it's going to be sad because there's no bodies - it's just about the shadows.

HARRIS: "Happy" is, needless to say, not a song stuck in Hamra's head right now. If he were making a dance video now, he said, he might choose this song by Swedish DJ Avicii.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "WAKE ME UP")

AVICII: (Singing) So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older.

HARRIS: Wake me up when it's all over, whenever that may be. Emily Harris. NPR News, Gaza.
lol someone i know post news about israel/palestine from jerusalem post but news about ukraine from russia today.