lol lots an lots of people on my fb are responding with any criticism of israel with "so what huh what are we supposed to give back america to the indians and france back to england too?"
I wish being an Empire apologist was as bad as like misgendering someome
tell them that you fully support seizing land and putting it in the hands of the nations that the white man slaughtered
look, never mind. let me talk to them

TheIneff posted:

I wish being an Empire apologist was as bad as like misgendering someome

someone told me that Israel was morally superior to Palestine because in Israel youre "allowed to be gay" so i did the math and worked out exactly how many gay Palestinian children Israel was murdering in Blast-related hate crimes every single day

Imagine a Brandon Teena, a Matthew Shepherd, and a restaurant receipt with the word "Fag" written in the tip slot. Thats the level of homophobic hate and oppression Palestinians have to deal with every single day
if only attractive light-skinned Palestinian women would heroically bear their naked breasts in protest for Western cameras.....maybe then the killing would stop. show the world they have real human worth
The Onion: Israel’s, Hamas’ Disregard For Palestinian Life Aligning Nicely

http://www.theonion.com/articles/israels-hamas-disregard-for-palestinian-life-align,36531/
lol jesus #firebombtheonion
the truth is the in middle, of the onion, bringing tears as they expose it. thish i claim

getfiscal posted:

The Onion: Israel’s, Hamas’ Disregard For Palestinian Life Aligning Nicely

http://www.theonion.com/articles/israels-hamas-disregard-for-palestinian-life-align,36531/

http://www.smh.com.au/world/after-a-reported-17-warnings-on-shelter-location-israeli-artillery-hits-gaza-school-killing-19-20140731-zyr1v.html posted:

Jabalia, Gaza: Four donkeys lay dead at the gate of the Jabalia Elementary Girls School in Gaza, the first indication of the bloody human toll inside.

c_man posted:

lol someone i know post news about israel/palestine from jerusalem post but news about ukraine from russia today.

ya i follow someone just like that on twitter, its funny

Petrol posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/after-a-reported-17-warnings-on-shelter-location-israeli-artillery-hits-gaza-school-killing-19-20140731-zyr1v.html posted:

Jabalia, Gaza: Four donkeys lay dead at the gate of the Jabalia Elementary Girls School in Gaza, the first indication of the bloody human toll inside.

www.shakingmyhead.com.au

The attack was carried out during a four-hour ''humanitarian lull'' announced by the Israeli Defence Force – it had warned ''the humanitarian window will not apply to the areas in which IDF soldiers are currently operating''

gtk

is israel murdering even more than usual this year, and more brazenly, or am i just seeing more about it than previously
they definitely are, they've already killed almost as many civilians as they did in Cast Lead (actually it is probably more now). another thing that's feeding into your perception is how much better the Palestinians are now at waging the social media war than Israel, which is actually pretty damn impressive considering that post I made the o ther day on the way social media is dominated by intelligence agencies.

I wager that, due to sharpening contradictions of the imperial system, many nations are distancing themselves from Israel and even the American bloc, and much more favorable coverage is surfacing for the Palestinians despite a global rise in ultraright forces. I think I posted about this, but even the FSA is like releasing little viral videos about Those Poor Palestinians while they're massacring Muslims and Christians and totally ignoring the Zionist Entity
i dont think its that the Palestinians are better at waging social media war than Israel (if that were true then none of this would be happening, and absolutely nobody has anything as effective, well funded, and extensive as Hasbara), its just that because of social media the public's knowledge of whats going on over there is now only 99% dominated by and filtered through beclawed Israeli hands, rather than the previous 100%

lol http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/07/29/jesse-ventura-wins-1-8-million-in-damages-against-chris-kyle-slain-navy-seal-sniper/

jesse venture 1 > troops 0

Superabound posted:

i dont think its that the Palestinians are better at waging social media war than Israel (if that were true then none of this would be happening, and absolutely nobody has anything as effective, well funded, and extensive as Hasbara), its just that because of social media the public's knowledge of whats going on over there is now only 99% dominated by and filtered through beclawed Israeli hands, rather than the previous 100%

uh they definitely are better at waging social media war because they are facing down billions of dollars of propaganda and oligopoly media control. people don't live in some kind of 'objective reality bubble' where they see information and evaluate it scientifically. its hard propaganda work to 'claw back' that 1% from a genocidal state power backed by a global imperial bloc.

saying theyre better at "waging social media war" makes it seem like youre saying theyre somehow tactically manipulating the masses more effectively than the Israeli/US controlled media, which obviously is not true. theyre simply getting out footage and photos of the reality of whats happening, which is something theyve only recently even been able to do. by any reasonable metric Israel is still dominating the public discourse on this conflict. Palestinians are still struggling to get most people to even see them as actual human beings
like i think the small gains in public perception being made are more of a result of the combination of the shocking level of Israel's actual crimes/dwindling believability, and people getting tired of staying silent and living in social fear of being called an antisemite for opposing the mass murder of children and saying enough is enough, rather than Palestinians suddenly figuring out how to "do" propaganda or w/e
i managed to convince my blue dog reagan democrat step father that Israel is a genocidal apartheid state yesterday so yeah I'd say the tides are definitely turning
when is propaganda not propaganda? when everything in it is actually true lol

littlegreenpills posted:

you guys can not be this stupid

im not so stupid i cant tell when ppl are agreeing with me so there's that

Crow posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

you guys can not be this stupid

"true" as the concept of a pure objective retelling of events doesn't exist but that doesn't mean the content inside of the framework isn't a factor of influence

propaganda doesn't mean 'lies and deceit'.
no it doesn't, you're right

Superabound posted:

like i think the small gains in public perception being made are more of a result of the combination of the shocking level of Israel's actual crimes/dwindling believability, and people getting tired of staying silent and living in social fear of being called an antisemite for opposing the mass murder of children and saying enough is enough, rather than Palestinians suddenly figuring out how to "do" propaganda or w/e

the result of 'the public' even *knowing* about the "shocking levels of Israel's actual crimes" is the result of Palestinian propaganda, agitation and organizing. political work, which you 'communists' and "Rhizzoners" are supposed to know about

like you guys think the American people just naturally figured this stuff out themselves without Palestinians doing serious work? that's a colonial conceit. Palestinians aren't just victims, theyre resisting and fighting back

Superabound posted:

saying theyre better at "waging social media war" makes it seem like youre saying theyre somehow tactically manipulating the masses more effectively than the Israeli/US controlled media, which obviously is not true. theyre simply getting out footage and photos of the reality of whats happening, which is something theyve only recently even been able to do. by any reasonable metric Israel is still dominating the public discourse on this conflict. Palestinians are still struggling to get most people to even see them as actual human beings

no, saying theyre "better at waging social media war" is like saying guerillas are better at waging warfare than large occupying armies when theyre gaining ground relative to their previous position

Crow posted:

Superabound posted:

the result of 'the public' even *knowing* about the "shocking levels of Israel's actual crimes" is the result of Palestinian propaganda, agitation and organizing. political work, which you 'communists' and "Rhizzoners" are supposed to know about

like you guys think the American people just naturally figured this stuff out themselves without Palestinians doing serious work? that's a colonial conceit. Palestinians aren't just victims, theyre resisting and fighting back

No ones saying the American people managed to objectively figure things out on their own or that Palestinians aren't actively involved in shaping the discourse about them. I don't know who you're mad at, but i don't see him posting here

propogranola is what i call my breakfast when it's deceitful

Superabound posted:

they also havent updated their propaganda lines since Noam chomskys essays against them in the 1980s, they are literally the exact same lines from decades ago becausr they got lazy i guess. also i dont know the material reasons but netanyahus people have been uncharacteristically nasty toward the u.s. administration in name-withheld interviews lately which allows an opening for the left-liberal u.s. press to pretend to be on the left and bolster their crappy failing businesses.

Superabound posted:

no its definitely Palestinian people doing the struggle. whitey wouldnt do shit otherwise, wouldnt even know it was happening.

there seems to be a conspicuous absence of palestinian social media brains trusts and think tanks and paid keyboard warriors though

Crow posted:

"propaganda" has distinctly and purely negative connotations in this, the Year of Our Lord 2014. its called journalism now

daddyholes posted:

they also havent updated their propaganda lines since Noam chomskys essays against them in the 1980s, they are literally the exact same lines from decades ago becausr they got lazy i guess. also i dont know the material reasons but netanyahus people have been uncharacteristically nasty toward the u.s. administration in name-withheld interviews lately which allows an opening for the left-liberal u.s. press to pretend to be on the left and bolster their crappy failing businesses.

yeah, its nice seeing how every time an "unnamed source in the Israeli government" calls Kerry a "terrorist" or Obama a "spearchucking Muzzie-loving monkey-boy" it instantly gives the stockholmed US media pundits a bit more Breathing Room to suggest that indiscriminately carpet bombing civilians might not be a very nice thing to do. Israel is doing this to itself *insets Latuff cartoon of a Divine Wind blowing a bomb labeled "Hubris" back up Bibbis bunghole*

can we invent a mass propangada mill and call it propagandaLF - thanks in advance for your service
here is some propaganda. i am a very good poster