innsmouthful posted:

yo im just chiming in on the discussion from a few pages back. fascism owns, you fucking faggots.

picked up a copy of the swp's paper, the militant, the other day. between glowing articles about the hong kong protests and how much everyone loves the militant is a breaking expose on stalinist crimes in 1941 ukraine.

postposting posted:

picked up a copy of the swp's paper, the militant, the other day. between glowing articles about the hong kong protests and how much everyone loves the militant is a breaking expose on stalinist crimes in 1941 ukraine.

the swp got a judge to reveal how many informants were in their organization once somehow and the figure they got was 1,600 out of 2,500 members.

postposting posted:

oh god you werent even kidding

Specifically, the stalinist crimes in this instance: not erecting a monument to the jewish victims of Nazi terror in a timely manner.
i love supply demand The Nation and god in that orrder
corn.jpg
if you want endless criticisms of the SWP's degeneration, read the relevant categories on louis proyect's blog.

getfiscal posted:

if you want endless criticisms of the SWP's degeneration, read the relevant categories on louis proyect's blog.

sounds good. and then i think ill make print outs of all those posts, and use the edges to slash my gums.

[account deactivated]
Can you (Noam Chomsky) give some insight on how the labor movement could rebuild in the United States?

Well, it’s been done before. Each time labor has been attacked—and as I said, in the 1920s the labor movement was practically destroyed—popular efforts were able to reconstitute it. That can happen again. It’s not going to be easy. There are institutional barriers, ideological barriers, cultural barriers. One big problem is that the white working class has been pretty much abandoned by the political system. The Democrats don’t even try to organize them anymore. The Republicans claim to do it; they get most of the vote, but they do it on non-economic issues, on non-labor issues. They often try to mobilize them on the grounds of issues steeped in racism and sexism and so on, and here the liberal policies of the 1960s had a harmful effect because of some of the ways in which they were carried out. There are some pretty good studies of this. Take busing to integrate schools. In principle, it made some sense, if you wanted to try to overcome segregated schools. Obviously, it didn’t work. Schools are probably more segregated now for all kinds of reasons, but the way it was originally done undermined class solidarity.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/chomsky-business-elites-are-waging-brutal-class-war-america-0?page=0%2C2

if he means it just caused whites to move to the suburbs he's right. but that's probably not what he means.
[account deactivated]
Imagine how much less aggressive the panthers might have been if COINTELPRO didnt keep fucking up their bake sales
lol the section on the Panthers is obviously more interesting but the SWP section is funny because of how petty the FBI can be.

Petrol posted:

Imagine how much less aggressive the panthers might have been if COINTELPRO didnt keep fucking up their bake sales

im reading that one bpp book and the chicago police iirc would steal or destroy cereal meant for the breakfast program during their raids on panther offices lol

[account deactivated]
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/522173583351906306
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Coming-soon-T-shirts-jeans-from-WikiLeaks/articleshow/44734529.cms

NEW DELHI: Julian Assange wants to do a Che Guevara. And, he has found an able ally in India.

The 43-year-old WikiLeaks founder is all set to launch his range of apparel and accessories here in the hope that the country's newfound fervour for online shopping will catapult him into a brand icon on the lines of the famous Argentine revolutionary. While Che's visage can be seen on everything starting from T-shirts and notebooks to helmets and watches, thanks to his everlasting image as a countercultural symbol of rebellion. Assange is also hoping that he would be able to strike a similar chord in the heart of the world's youngest democracy.

"India is one of the countries where awareness about WikiLeaks is the highest and Julian is excited about the proposition," Olafur Vignir Sigurvinsson, an Iceland-based WikiLeaks representative, who had arranged a chartered plane for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden's journey to Moscow, told TOI over the telephone from Norway.

He added that the monetization of the WikiLeaks brand would help rake in additional funds for the non-profit online organization, since it mainly relies on donations. Olafur will be in India over the weekend to talk to potential partners.

The market for merchandise in India is pegged at around Rs 500 crore, according to industry estimates. But Gaurav Marya, chairman with Franchisee India, the company that is facilitating brand WikiLeaks' entry into the country, is hopeful that the e-commerce boom will give a leg up to the domestic merchandising industry.

"Earlier, it was very difficult to reach out to consumers through the brick and mortar route. For instance, by the time we could distribute Spiderman movie merchandise to traditional retailers, the craze for the movie would die. But now, it's different with millions of people logging on to e-commerce sites every day," he said.

Apart from brick and mortar retailers, WikiLeaks is looking for an exclusive online partner for distribution of its products like T-shirts and sweatshirts, sport taglines like 'Leaks exposing injustice' and 'Enemy of the state'. The organization has already signed deals with agents from various countries including France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Portugal. "We are also looking for partners in India, who can manage the property and translate it into retail and e-retail platforms," Olafur said.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
AbortionSandwich
[account deactivated]
alright Zzoners, its hard not to feel like this one's directed at us (me)

http://www.thebaffler.com/blog/fratty-wolf/

lol if you enjoy 'alt-lit'
its all coming up dead ken
i found out that arundhati roy was here on campus last week and i didnt hear about it. im cry, im literally shakign irl, etc
everyone involved in alt lit is a piec of shit rapist forreal it's not even funny it's just disgusting and sad
it's also just really bad id rather read mustang;s post history looping forever
the only thing i know about alt-lit is that tao lin or his publicist used to post tao lin threads on SA

Themselves posted:

i never realized that talking about the primacy of class would make me a rapist. but i suppose it's too late now

Becca Rothfeld is assistant literary editor of The New Republic and a contributor to The Los Angeles Review of Books, The New York Daily News' literary blog, Hyperallergic, and Slate, among other publications. She and her inconveniently heavy book collection are currently based in Washington, D.C.

her twitter is literally @heidegrrrl
*dusts off the weird twitter crusade sceptre* lets get goin boys
a nietzschean hymn

iafM9IN3-kY

Themselves posted:

*gazes longingly into the horizon*

impper...

this is some alt lit