[account deactivated]
I met the guys in the Fox News polling place intimidation b-roll at a Mumia thing
[account deactivated]
I can prove I was there, a Spart has my phone number in his moleskine, but never called it because I referred to the Soviet Union as a Deformed Workers' State instead of a Degenerated Workers' State and so failed the trot turing test
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

TheIneff posted:

My co worker used to be a backpacker English teacher and he told me that the year and a half he spent in China (Beijing) was the worst culture shock he ever experienced. "They're just completely uncivilized, every interaction is business oriented in the sense that's it's all about whether or not they can get over on you. Its all a scam or grift or negotiation. Very practical people, I was at the garden of the Emperor or shrine or something and there was a 13 year old girl peeing in the middle of the square and no one bothered to say anything. I got hit by a car when I was biking down a busy intersection and got hurt pretty badly and no one stopped to see if I was Ok. Every one spits everywhere. Hong Kong though was nice, they act normal there."

every cracker racist in chicago has a story about seeing a shooting or being shot at

he's haitian

chickeon posted:

Isn't the inequality like directly stemming from HK's existing autonomy and status as a special economic zone or whatever? I have a suspicion the demands for even more autonomy from folks like mr hedge fund would be directed towards making HK even more of an ultracapitalist shithole

todays capitalism is about mass exclusion of useless elements and extraction of natural resources still left on this planet, in this case i think its more about american political hegemony over china, ditto ukraine

animedad posted:

that didnt make much sense in the context of things. pissed off after debating some racists at work. sup tpaine?

i've given up arguing with Real Ass Americans about anything substantial because they are steeped in ideology to such an extent that i don't know how to have an earnest conversation with them as only reactionary rhetoric resonates with them

the best is when you talk to a working class black guy about life and politics and he goes on a tirade about "niggers". i honestly don't even know how to engage with someone like that

very carefully

AmericanNazbro posted:

animedad posted:

that didnt make much sense in the context of things. pissed off after debating some racists at work. sup tpaine?

i've given up arguing with Real Ass Americans about anything substantial because they are steeped in ideology to such an extent that i don't know how to have an earnest conversation with them as only reactionary rhetoric resonates with them

the best is when you talk to a working class black guy about life and politics and he goes on a tirade about "niggers". i honestly don't even know how to engage with someone like that

just listen to them, when they complain about their boss thats when you go in for the kill

dont let them run their mouth with reactionary shit
play them a youtube by comrade shubel morgan
<- 8793234th to get trolled by an anime avatar
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

animedad posted:

ask to speak to the manager

in that situation I would just repeat my order and pull through to the pick-up window.
5s all around

AmericanNazbro posted:

animedad posted:

First things first. Tell em its "ninja" now

Dear Hong Kong students and people,

you have my full support in your pursuit of your "impossible" dream. History has repeatedly taught us the lesson that only by insisting what our society considers "impossible" that fate has ever been changed. And to play the adult's game of opportunistic compromises is to fail -so be REALISTIC, demand the impossible!
And remember that your dream is not only about the voting system. It concerns also your everyday life, your economy: the inhuman property price, ruthless privatization, capitalists from the North joining your own ones. Without economic rights, without social justice and solidarity, a ballot is merely a fetish.
By now you have, I hope, realized that what's crucial in any emancipatory movement is your solidarity with and support from the oppressed grass root people. Only when they stand by you, those equipped with guns and lies would reluctantly compromise and that's when your "impossible" dream will be more than a dream.

My utmost blessing and always with you in our emancipatory struggle.

Slavoj Zizek
has anyone posted this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4sKHw_IX_g
I support the Hong Kongian peoples and their valiant, pro-Democratic struggle against Representative Democracy only being allowed to vote for a small number of inadequate candidates hand picked by unaccountable Party leaders
Haha what we have in Canada. Isn't it funny that my very unpopular government that was elected by the same kind of system they're fighting against is supporting them?
https://libcom.org/blog/black-yellow-hk

nuance
yeah libcom is the worst. for more, see my twitter
So it all failed and the kids went home, right?

Now it's time for china to start funding some american right wing militia groups and separatists, see how the yank liberals like it.
lol all the news outlets are using the term Pro-democracy demonstrators for the latest batch of headlines
Im sex negative, anti-democracy.
im a nan0sex, fluoanime, magidemocrat. and i demivote
14% chaos, 86% Green Party
69% accelerationist, 420% homofascist

Crow posted:

Im sex negative, anti-democracy.

the left needs some pr wizards to come up with these basically unnegatable terms though, it's pretty clever

[account deactivated]
Communism
liberalism.txt

Benny Tai, a law professor at the University of Hong Kong, urged the protesters to go home on Tuesday, saying the situation had become dangerous.

“The government that uses police batons to maintain its authority is a government that is beyond reason,” Mr Tai, one of three leaders of the Occupy movement, told a news conference.

“For the sake of the occupier safety and for the sake of the original intention of love and peace, as we prepare to surrender, we three urge students to retreat, to put down deep roots in the community and transform the movement to extend the spirit of the umbrella movement.”

ilmdge posted:

transform the movement to extend the spirit of the umbrella movement.”

TxFeesWL5OI

*umbrella movement is comically turned inside out by sudden gust of Divine Wind as man with Hitler mustache struggles silently*

postposting posted:

it'd be cool if the lasting legacy of occupy is the state department farming out its tactics and imagery to whatever comprador revolution is in vogue this week

going back to the first page i thought it was pretty well known that this is Gene Sharp and the state department's basic strat? one of the people at the revolutionary student's union makes the argues hes the unwitting architect of US destabilization policy at least since Libya. its on the youtube channel steg's stuff is on

Edited by Urbandale ()

is it lucero greg-kun?
yes it is. the first video has terrible audio problems but is basically just an intro to gene sharp's thought. the technical problems are fixed in the second vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjR1YSovS2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tr2xUKpyd0

he's said he thinks the talk is terrible actually but since i never asked what he meant by that i dont know if hes referring to the technical difficulties or his argument or what
Haha Alex Wong quit his hunger strike after 4 days on the advice of his doctor. Gee doctor, what's your advice on starving myself to death?