dammit
lmbo

Ukrainian parliamentary elections update: with 95.34% counted, by official count the nationalist Svoboda is at 4.73%, just short of the 5% cutoff. They claim their own counts show them making it in, so expect nasty lawsuits.

pwned

Tokyo_Sexwale was probated until (Nov. 6, 2014 03:01:26) for this post!

Ronnski posted:

Ok a week? 2 weeks ago? I said Jazenjuk was a marginal party but this spiegel article ( http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/wahlen-ukraine-petro-poroschenko-liegt-vorne-a-999360.html ) claims an outlook of 23% to Poroshenkos party, and 21% (!) to Jazenjuk (remember this is the party employing notable holocaust deniers and straight up fascists) with his national front party.

Currently der spiegel has decided on framing it as a "decisive victory for pro-europeans"!

Ah yes, the notable fascist Iatseniuk party, led by jewish person Iatseniuk

Tokyo_Sexwale was probated until (Nov. 6, 2014 22:30:36) for this post!

there were all sorts of jews in the italian fascist movement.
there are in fact jewish leaders in many of the far right movements in europe and they cant shut up about them a la MRAs and their three female bloggers
but i think saying jews can be fascists will be a hard sell here on the rhizzone. so be careful.
I guess I forgot Israel is an apartheid state and quite fascist so I guess I have some egg on me face. still I've never heard of people of jewish origins allying w/ fascists here in eastern europe so am gonna call bullshit on the Iatseniuk thing
anyway, if Ukrainians wanted fascism tehy would have voted for the outright, honest-to-god fascist parties, I mean there's 2 of them and they've been so high profile lately it's not like they're unknowns.

like, if you want fascisms why would you vote for a party that maybe has some fascists in it (according to a blog Ronnie found linked on facebook) instead of voting for the straight-up fascist partei. doesn't make sense, sorry
the kiev ruling class that runs these fascist and neoliberal parties is made up of a bunch of capitalists joined directly from dnipropetrovsk through israeli emigre communities to tel aviv, brasilia, new york and miami through the tech sector.

for more see Wix dot com, a gigantic bizarre empty dnipropetrovsk/israeli/american shell of a Web company with terrible customer reviews that got massive IPO funding out of nowhere and is now the major sponsor of the anti-russia power hour on Npr in the u.s., where they explain that russia is going to conquer Europe and the Dilma government is going to have to deregulate and pleasure the business class even though it won the election, and npr is hardly their biggest target. Big push on that one

propaganda on the elections in brazil has everything to do with fascists in kiev because they are the same companies. bounding the debate nationally or regionally using borders that capital barely respects borders on the pathological if you want to stake any claim to class analysis

Edited by cars ()

he's not even a jew though.... he's greek orthodox and the whole "possibly had jewish origins" was an attempt to slander him since his supporters are more likely antisemitic than not.

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

Ronnski posted:

Ok a week? 2 weeks ago? I said Jazenjuk was a marginal party but this spiegel article ( http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/wahlen-ukraine-petro-poroschenko-liegt-vorne-a-999360.html ) claims an outlook of 23% to Poroshenkos party, and 21% (!) to Jazenjuk (remember this is the party employing notable holocaust deniers and straight up fascists) with his national front party.

Currently der spiegel has decided on framing it as a "decisive victory for pro-europeans"!

Ah yes, the notable fascist Iatseniuk party, led by jewish person Iatseniuk

I think you might be confusing Fascism with Anti-Semitism, and then also confusing Anti-Semitism with both Anti-Jewism and Anti-Zionism

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

anyway, if Ukrainians wanted fascism tehy would have voted for the outright, honest-to-god fascist parties, I mean there's 2 of them and they've been so high profile lately it's not like they're unknowns.

like, if you want fascisms why would you vote for a party that maybe has some fascists in it (according to a blog Ronnie found linked on facebook) instead of voting for the straight-up fascist partei. doesn't make sense, sorry

most people who support fascism and hold fascists beliefs do so without actually consciously realizing it, and while still being superficially repulsed by the Big Bad Scary Hollywood-Style Facism of rows of people literally goosestepping down the street wearing swastika armbands. hth

yatsenyuk has a good wikipedia page:

Open Ukraine

Arseniy Yatsenuk heads the Open Ukraine Foundation, an international foundation based in Ukraine. It was established in July 2007 for the "strengthening and development of Ukraine's reputation in the world." Open Ukraine works with the young generation of artists, scholars and community leaders who seek to implement social changes in the different regions.

Open Ukraine is partnered with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the United States Department of State and Chatham House, among other organizations.

the authoritarian personality - by superabound

Superabound posted:

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

most people who support fascism and hold fascists beliefs do so without actually consciously realizing it, and while still being superficially repulsed by the Big Bad Scary Hollywood-Style Facism of rows of people literally goosestepping down the street wearing swastika armbands. hth

in the case of ukraine, and especially west ukraine, decades of indoctrination in anti-russian soft fascism (the holodomor myth, rehabilitation of the OUN-UPA as freedom fighters, general neoliberal anti-communism) probably has something to do with it. for the extremists, there's svoboda. for everyone else, there's mastercard

TheIneff posted:

the authoritarian personality - by superabound

ive already written several weird fiction tales thematically centered around systems of subrosan fascism operating unconsciously and invisibily upon the strange and dispossesed under my pen name, Phillip K. Penis

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

i googled it before i posted the article and it even said so on wikipedia http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrij_Parubij that he ran on 4th of the voting list for jazenjuks party

I couldnt find a line stating that on the english wiki though??? So im gonna see if theres more evidence that he ran for that party. Also I do not have a facebook and instead of something grafted from a blog I took it from a longstanding news source that to my knowledge has never printed full on bullshit at me which is a step up from the rest of the ~reputable german media~ that outright lied and called everyone criticizing it a putin fifth columnist!

Sure you can make a point as to whether its actually fascist or not but when a party promotes itself as ultra militarist and (apparently, though its worth looking into things that state otherwise, cause andrij is listed as 'independent' on english wiki. not that wikipedia is a source or anything but when i googled it some days prior and that popped up I felt reasonably confident I wasnt just chasing ghosts, if ya dig) employs neonazis... I think its fair to use the term
ok i found something
http://nfront.org.ua/komanda
apparently this is the website of the national front party. the fourth little bubble on the bottom shows you 'Андрій Парубій' which im pretty sure is the andrij in question if my knowledge of cyrillic doesnt betray me. seems legit?
parubij is a leading member of people's front, yeah. he's on their political council and military council.

http://en.ria.ru/politics/20141025/194558443/The-Peoples-Front-Party-of-Ukraine-Facts-and-Details.html
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/10/31/correction-photo-used-error
whoopsie doodle!! - human rights watch
what was the photo
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

a deadly fire occurred. we may never know how, or why
Whereas da link for the cyber syn stuff KYLE? I've been out of the loop, Im in Palestine witnessing fascist anime boy's euro zionist comrades' warcrimes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNWotZppGPk
all those stego vids are extremely my, and, if I may speak for the 'zhone, our, shit
namaste.
so i was at the pub last night drinking beers, and talking with people. somehow ukraine came up, and one of the people i was talking with, who is young and basically an accidental leftist, a vegan, not very well read i guess, said some stuff about what russia was doing there, how they're trying to start a big war or something - the usual stuff, ukraine troubles are all russias fault etc. so of course i had to try and set the record straight

well, haha, okay. it's all russias fault. that's one way of looking at it.

oh? what's the other way?

well, the worst things that are happening there, especially the nazi stuff, the resurgence of actual nazis doing brutal murders, this is absolutely the fault of europe and america, they have directly sponsored this. and the bigger picture is nato's eastward expansion...

oh, okay, we're going to use big terminology are we??

uh, haha, okay. well, nato has been steadily encroaching on eastern europe, ukraine is a big part of that. and russia, look, i'm not saying putin's an angel!! but russia is naturally going to respond, they also have to defend themselves.

right. okay.

you don't know what nato is capable of.

hello fellow students...enjoying your vegan picnic? ah yes, that Putin fellow.Stalin was a good man, who did nothing wrong.
usually it's better to start with "hey look at all these terrible things western hegemony is deliberately causing" and then move on to broaching the possibility that maybe russia is in the unenviable situation of facing down imperialist aggression. cause yeah when you do it the other way around they're gonna immediately shut down and file you away under the crazy folder

i used this tactic with some of my insane backwoods family and they were like "wow that was really insightful shriekingviolet, we hadn't thought of it that way. it's obvious to us now that the problem is the jews" so uhhhhhhh maybe it almost worked? ;_;
lol do you seriously need to use that tactic outside of the country too? I just kind of took it for granted that anyone not living in its borders assumes that the U.S. takes unilaterally, unprovoked, military action to maintain hegemony basically all the time.

TheIneff posted:

lol do you seriously need to use that tactic outside of the country too? I just kind of took it for granted that anyone not living in its borders assumes that the U.S. takes unilaterally, unprovoked, military action to maintain hegemony basically all the time.

in my experience a lot of the australian 'left' stopped being skpetical of US power as soon as Bush left office

What you need to understand is that Australia, as the US's primary western client state in the Asia-Pacific region, is a cultural wasteland.
That's why it starts with 4 US Influence in Twilight Struggle

TheIneff posted:

surprisingly enough, it turns out that nato's hegemonic narrative extends out from the US to other nato client states. who'da thunk that the western imperialist powers were all working together!!!

Urbandale posted:

That's why it starts with 4 US Influence in Twilight Struggle

my favorite one of the series