MID-20S QUEER TRANS MED STUDENT. MIDWEST USA. ANSWERS TO MEDICAL AND RELATED QUESTIONS ARE GIVEN GLADLY, BUT ARE MY OPINION BASED ON TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE FORMAL MEDICAL ADVICE. THIS IS MY SPACE AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MY TIME AND ATTENTION JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING I SAID. HATERS WILL BE CAUTERIZED AND SUMMARILY BLOCKED. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT DEAL, FIND ANOTHER BLOG TO READ.

Just filled out my health insurance forms!

yeah!!! fucking around with health insurance forms!!!!

I hate when people complain about “oh health forms are stupid they want my biological sex instead of my gender!!!!” or “they only have male or female!!!”

There’s a reason for that, you dumb fucks, and they’re referring to biological sex

Different health risks are present in different sexes, and whatever gender is in your head does not change the fact that if you were born female, you have a higher risk for certain cancers and osteoporosis, and if you were born male you have a higher risk for heart disease and often a shorter lifespan than a female.

In other words, your biological sex is an important factor in health and health insurance, and your special snowflake status doesn’t change that.

Coulda said it nicer but it’s true; it’s about health.

No. There gets a point where nice doesn’t work. There’s too many stupid ass angsty teens on here that are gonna get themselves seriously hurt or sick because they wanna be a special fucking snowflake. Lemme tell you a thing. Doctors don’t give a flying fuck what you identify as. All they want to know is do you have two X chromosomes or an XY? Because cancer and lupus and certain medicines don’t give a flying fuck what pronouns you use. This is about your fucking LIFE. stop being angsty for TWELVE SECONDS because when you’re in an ambulance or going into cardiac arrest or whatever the situation may be, it’s ESSENTIAL that you get your head out of your ass long enough to tell them your BIOLOGICAL SEX that you were BORN WITH. It literally may save your life.
--------------------
hi im one of those doctor types you idiots keep using as an excuse to yell at trans people

every single thing you’ve said is incorrect, and you do not know what you are talking about

I may need to know what organs a patient does or does not have, their hormonal status and history of exposure, and even their karyotype. Ideas like “biological sex” can often imply a lot of this. In medicine, that isn’t good enough. We have to be able to catch exceptions, side-effects, sequelae, and anomalies that might affect only one in a million patients. Exceptions to any one or more elements of the “biological sex” paradigm are much, much, much, much more common than that.

You genuinely do not know a patient’s chromosomes until you’ve run an expensive test, and even then, who knows! they could be a mosaic. Whether this information is important, and when, and why, depends. It all completely depends. A gender/sex/whatever marker on a form is not and never will be important. No matter how you cut it, is and always will be a miniscule source of information. Frankly, by disclosing a trans background on this form, the OP has made it more diagnostically useful to a clinician than that form has ever been before - we trans people are statistically very uncommon and tend to encounter distinct hardships and challenges that are highly relevant to our medical needs. Even then, it would still be no substitute for actually interviewing the patient.

So that’s the other thing you House addicts don’t have a clue about. Good doctors do “give a flying fuck” about how the patient identifies, because a patient’s background is absolutely key to their health. Knowing a patient’s basic demographics can help me think about what may be more or less likely in terms of their care needs.

More importantly, it helps me treat my patient with respect. This is both the decent thing to do and an absolute minimum requirement for being able to get anything done. You sneering choads couldn’t cure a side of beef.

Replies: "this is all very violent imo"
"It’s important"
"it’s not but ok lol"

that woman is a former goon / wddp. she's cool as hell.

getfiscal posted:

that woman is a former goon / wddp. she's cool as hell.

http://collaterlysisters.tumblr.com/post/99448541833
sorry i forgot to include the link. this op was for educational purposes only and should not be construed as representing any views or opinions held by this poster.

ok i lied it's just that the tumblr title cracked me up because brevity is the soul of wit
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
his cis sister Sissy hissed at his cist hissy fit

Prospero posted:

his cis sister Sissy hissed at his cist hissy fit

fucking common core strikes again...

no encontraron cancer de prostata en la mujer fea
pues la verdad es hasta mas raro que ficcion
RIP in peace
KWKYpy__lfA
seems like the last thing youd want people you strongly hate to do is NOT lie on their medical forms
when someone draws themselves that fat and mannish you have to wonder what they look like irl
more:
true. i spend about half my day practicing pronouns for my friends while washing dishes.
me and my overcompensating closeted gym bros also start brouhahas when we feel someone isnt deferential enough to our strict & paranoid gender sensibilities
Do you most closely relate to a Deer? Do you wish you were a Deer? Are you pretty sure you're a Deer? Are you biologically a Deer? Check out this guide and determine if the Deer is the right otherkin for you:

Are You a Deer Therian?

*No one can tell you whether or not you are who you are, and no one can determine your identity for you. However, I’ll try to provide some insight as to what being a deer therian would be like, and whether or not you can relate.

There are many deer therians, I’ve come across many more on Tumblr than any other forum/website. Just as there are many wolf therians, many end up renouncing their wolf therian identity because of mistaking their theriotype or what being a therian means.
Commonly Misinterpreted “Signs”:

1. Innocence- Many people are attracted to deer because of the fawn’s symbolism of innocence. In reality, deer are animals like all others and don’t really know what innocence is. Hey, they’re animals just like the rest of us: You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to survive!

2. Nobility- Sure, stags (or bulls) are noble-looking. But being a deer is much more than holding your head of antlers high while watching over a herd. Many “noble” postures of deer serve more of a safety purpose than anything typically considered noble. This same logic applies to the concept of deer as being graceful as well.

3. Stuck in the Rut- The rut is, while a significant time for deer, a short part of their year. Deer have much more to them than just the clashing of their antlers. If this aggression is the only thing you can relate to with deer, you may not be a deer therian.

4. The altruism fallacy- Deer, like other animals, do what is necessary for survival and are a very adaptable species (typically). Deer may be herbivorous, but most species will not pass up a good source of protein, be it meat or plant. This, again, is a survival mechanism and has nothing to do with hatred of plants or other animals, or love of any other species. You can be all for animal rights and whatnot, but that probably has nothing to do with feeling like a deer…

5. Falsely Feeble- If there’s one thing that cervids collectively can teach us, it’s that they’re a tough species: From moose fending off bears and wolves, to reindeer at harshly cold, high altitudes, to white tails that have shown they’re not going to be driven away by human activity. And let’s not forget the tusks and antlers that are used as weapons of the rut! (And self defense, if need be)

But enough with the negative. What are some signs that you might be a deer therian? There are, if I remember correctly, 45 species of deer, so these answers are more general than specific, but feel free to message or send an ask if you need more information.

1. Move!- Deer are athletic, and constantly (well, not always) on the move to get more energy. Reindeer/caribou can run up to 50mph to evade danger and migrate, white tails can jump up to 15 feet high, and moose require a lot of body to defend themselves from wolves and bears. To put it simply, deer are athletic.

2. Forage- Deer are primarily browsers and grazers, looking for wild plants to eat. Wild edibles have always appealed to me, which I feel has to do with being a rewilder human and a deer therian as well. Deer, some species anyway, make sure to find the perfect spot to rest and chew their cud.

3. Splash!- Most, if not all, deer species are great swimmers and can enjoy a nice swim every now and then. Particularly moose, who can stay submerged for up to 30 seconds and can dive as well. Many people consider them semi-aquatic. If you’re a questioning deer therian and find yourself shifting (not physically, obviously) in or near water, don’t worry, that actually does make sense. Haha

4. Alert- Deer are obviously going to be an alert and sensitive species, concerned with what’s going on around them. This may play a part in your therianthropic experiences, but, like the majority of experiences, can be normal human experiences and desires as well.

Not all therians have the same reasoning or theory behind their therianthropy and may identify as a therian for various and individual reasons. This is just meant to provide some sort of outline, shower vague it may be.
smdh if you're not practicing your russian declensions in an array of genders for all your friends while you wash the floor
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
if any1 knows the admissions committee of a medical schoo land and can get me in, pm me pls, tia
it puts the plates in the sink or else it gets the hose again
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

true. i spend about half my day practicing pronouns for my friends while washing dishes.

both my dishes AND my preferred pronouns are "filthy"/"crawling with insects"

There are many deer therians, I’ve come across many more on Tumblr than any other forum/website.

catchphrase

Two deer therians walk out of a sex-positive, LGBTQ-friendly vegetarian gastropub. One otherkin turns to the other and says "Man, i cant believe i blew thirty bucks in there". The other deer therian replies, "Stop mis-gendering and mis-specieing me"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
if only we'd had this seminar all those months ago..

Tuesday, November 4
What What in the Butt: Anal Sex 101

5:00 pm, Sever 113

Come learn everything about anal sex from the experts of Good Vibrations, a sex-positive store located right in Brookline! They will dispel myths about anal sex and give you insight into why people do it and how to do it well. They will cover a wide variety of topics, including: anal anatomy and the potential for pleasure for all genders; how to talk about it with a partner; basic preparation and hygiene; lubes, anal toys, and safer sex; anal penetration for beginners, and much more! Learn the facts about this exciting yet often misunderstood form of pleasure, find out the common mistakes people make, and get all your questions answered!
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/19952/
[account deactivated]
tpaine you always have the best avs
mods chaeng tpaines name to Stalin Malone

libelous_slander posted:

this is objectively correct

when i was a kid i knew a bunch of people who were trans and genderqueer and asked each other for their pronouns. they were to a person really good looking and charismatic and wore really cool clothes so once again, i dont have any clue what anyone on the internet is talking about
dPAbtR7h9zY
im writing an App that lets people tap their phones together and automatically exchange their list of preferred pronouns, tumblr bookmarks, and Ebola/failAIDS poz status