This is the Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (henceforth, SVU) thread. SVU is a spinoff of the popular Law and Order series. It is produced by Dick Wolf and many episodes are written by Speed Weed.

The reason I decided to bring up SVU is because last weeks episode of SVU was centered around an incident which was based on the now infamous stabbing of a little girl by another girl, all because of the goon opus book written by Tpain entitled Slenderman. What are your opinions on SVU? I think that it isn't Marxist at all and it pretty consistently erases class, but it's also very progressive in some regards. I personally don't trust people who don't enjoy watching Law and Order or Law and Order SVU. Law and Order CI is a bad show.

Post your SVU anecdotes here. Post your Law and Order posts here.
i watched some x files and its pretty bad but also not as bad as most shows. Made Me Think.
recently started watching homicide at my gf's recommendation. it good
[account deactivated]

Urbandale posted:

Yeah HOmicide is really good. As far as actual show quality it's better than Law and Order obviously.

people who've never binged watched SVU with their significant other are aliens and perverts of the worst order
Stabler was a boring character who I don't miss. There. I said it. My unpopular opinion, right here.

fuk stabler

TheIneff posted:

people who've never binged watched SVU with their significant other are aliens and perverts of the worst order

ya I think I've only had one girlfriend who I didn't watch Law and Order with bc she didn't speak english good enough

I watch it without audio while doing cardio/hiit and it's alright, but the writers will punish you with a two-part episode if the prime suspect demands a lawyer before answering any questions.

Stabler is alright
i don't understand watching shows about sex crimes or whatever. seems a bit suspect. like i understand marathoning shows with laugh tracks but when you're rolling through episodes about like molestation maybe get a better hobby.
OBXNdpnVyGQ

wasted posted:

I watch it without audio while doing cardio/hiit and it's alright, but the writers will punish you with a two-part episode if the prime suspect demands a lawyer before answering any questions.

Stabler is alright

is this guy describing tEH rHizzonE?

(brooklyn cop accent)

they use science to solve crimes. pretty smaaahht...If you ask me. *points to me with thumb from hand*
Homicide and the X-Files are both really, really good
the television show Homicide is also pretty good as well
this thread isn't about homicide it's about Speed Weed. Speed Weed.
every episode of Criminal Intent is like someone took all the batcave sections of the 1960s Batman show and replaced Adam West with an even fatter guy
remember how they did those Law & Order + Homicide two part crossover episodes but nobody ever gets to see how they end because the Jews who run the American media dont show Homicide on my tv
Lenny Briscoe takes it all the way to D.C. right to the man's front door

getfiscal posted:

i don't understand watching shows about sex crimes or whatever. seems a bit suspect. like i understand marathoning shows with laugh tracks but when you're rolling through episodes about like molestation maybe get a better hobby.

Did you ever read Who Killed Canadian History? Any good?

Superabound posted:

yeah forreal, despite being a show where the protagonists are a couple of FBI agents X-files is extremely critical of american fascism. it's damned good

TheIneff posted:

getfiscal posted:

Did you ever read Who Killed Canadian History? Any good?

i think that book is by a bourgeois historian who was basically like argh we're not teaching our kids about the glories of Canada but I'm not sure.

Superabound posted:

A friend of mine and I have made a game of guessing what the monster will be before the show starts. Last time we watched the show I guessed psychic killer and she guessed cult killer and it turned out to be....A SATANIC CULT WITH PSYCHIC KILLERS! Needless to say, we celebrated our unlikely victory pretty hard on that day, almost ran through an entire 2 liter of ginger ale. Heady days.

Also, check how many times scully and mulder drop their guns throughout the show. Every time they pull a pistol out, trust me, it's getting dropped. The show even references this strange rule at one point; In one episode in season 2 mulder packs a pistol on his ankle, remarking to scully that he drops his normal one so often that he needed to get a backup to stand a chance.

in law and order the cops and district attorneys are totally competent and ethical at all times and virtually always get the correct suspect, and to the extent that they do make errors it's at a far lesser rate than does the totally superfluous court system letting all these crooks off
oh and Internal Affairs is a deliberately malevolent bureaucracy which exclusively functions as a hinderance to the Honest Good Cops Just Tryna Do Their Jobs rather than the incestuous revolving door of thin blue line men covering each other's asses when shit inevitably goes down after they kill a brown on dashcam
ya but unlike Law and Order which is obviously BS NYPD propaganda, but still fun to watch, one of the major points of SVU is encouraging women children and people of all genders races and creeds to face their abusers and pursue criminal action against rapists and sexual predators or do we not consider that good nemore i forgot

anyways they're trying 2 make the cops look sympathetic so people are encouraged to feel comfortable with reporting their attacks.
also i've always thought i would totally become a cop if there was a way i could be sure to be in IAB. that would be the Shit.
irony level tres low so im going to check back in on you in a couple pages.
mods rename me to BrauAndPorterSpecialWitbiersUnit
i vaguely remember an episode where a man gets raped, he was a stripper and it was at a bachelorette party. stabler doesnt take him seriously because A Man Can't Be Raped. o cycloneboy, i hope youve educated all the angels in heaven about the prevalence of sex assaults on males

anyway, svu is still cop-worship garbage, or at least thats what i remember about it from when i watched it all the time in college. having ice t on it was a good touch, though
rename the new Cold Justice sex crimes spinoff to This But UnMelonically

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

TheIneff posted:

ya I think I've only had one girlfriend who I didn't watch Law and Order with bc she didn't speak english good enough

(thinking to myself) Wow, this guy's only had one girlfriend......

my last (and only) girlfriend fuckin' loved that true crime shit and binge watching violent shows like SVU. gotta do something when we're laying there not having sex (i am a confirmed catholic and we weren't married)
if i met a genie my first wish would be to placed on a jury where i could immediately vote to acquit a woman accused of raping a man no matter the evidence, then start screaming 'trolled hard' at him over and over until i was dragged out and jailed for contempt of court
[account deactivated]
MAI WIFE

tpaine posted:

my wife used to love csi

yeah,.... the Cold Shoulder and Infidelity!!

[account deactivated]
what did your dead wife think of dead soldiers tpaine