gyrofry posted:

imagine what it will be like when Henry Kissinger finally kicks it

im sure an obit is prewritten. someone hack CNN plz

discipline posted:

like nobody I know believes this shit about mourning a saudi king like nelson mandela. and nobody I know thinks american sniper is anything but a nazi film. and yet they expect you to eat it up and they expect you to pretend it's steak, which is probably the ultimate insult to thinking people and a complete cynicism

i dunno about the first thing but american sniper made like $100 million in its opening weekend

most americans believe in demons and can't find the united states on a map of the united states labeled the united states but i'm sure they have strong opinions about the legacy of a saudi king

Barbarossa posted:

aerdil posted:

John Kerry on King Abdullah: "King Abdullah was a man of wisdom & vision."

John Kerry on Hugo Chavez: "Throughout his time in office, President Chavez has repeatedly undermined democratic institutions by using extra-legal means, including politically motivated incarcerations, to consolidate power."

NYT on Abdullah: "Nudged Saudi Arabia Forward" "earned a reputation as a cautious reformer" "a force of moderation"

NYT on Chavez: "A Polarizing Figure Who Led a Movement" "strutting like the strongman in a caudillo novel"

haha modern journalism is such a huge fucking failure. reminds me of the first journalism class i went into for college, all of the 17-18 year olds in there were in their pajamas reading shit like cosmo and vanity fair. they were ready to write bullshit like this before they even started their unpaid internship at huffingtonpost.
god what an embarrassment

My favorite thing about the Chavez corpse-kicking in particular is the barely-suppressed subtext that pursuing policies which help a country's poor citizens is an illegitimate, cheap, and underhanded way to gain popular support

guidoanselmi posted:

gyrofry posted:

im sure an obit is prewritten. someone hack CNN plz

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

most americans believe in demons and can't find the united states on a map of the united states labeled the united states but i'm sure they have strong opinions about the legacy of a saudi king

[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

"He was a brutally and insanely epic statesman" - John Kerry
"His family has my goondolences" - Barack Obama
"5. Just 5. Manbabies" - John McCain
"FTW" - NYT
"Some called him CalmBro" - Washington Post

guidoanselmi posted:

dont understand why this isn't a show all on its own, an hour a day five days a week

[account deactivated]
maybe americna sniper is actually cool and good, and us misanthropes just have aids of the fail
good click opportunity here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=912741995426157

discipline posted:

discipline posted:

like nobody I know believes this shit about mourning a saudi king like nelson mandela. and nobody I know thinks american sniper is anything but a nazi film. and yet they expect you to eat it up and they expect you to pretend it's steak, which is probably the ultimate insult to thinking people and a complete cynicism

i dunno about the first thing but american sniper made like $100 million in its opening weekend

I'd like to see the receipts, honestly

Would you like to see these receipts?

'American Sniper' is a hit in Iraq
New York Daily News - ‎1 hour ago‎
“American Sniper” is making a killing - in Iraq. Clint Eastwood's film about an American sharpshooting Navy SEAL has packed Baghdad movie theaters with enthusiastic crowds.

“Shoot him! He has an IED, don’t wait for permission!” some viewers screamed, according to Global Post. They were reacting to the moment when actor Bradley Cooper — playing Navy SEAL Chris Kyle — hesitated to shoot a kid carrying a grenade.
The Iraqi people have spoken. And that movie theater's 120 live Iraqis speaks a bit louder than the million or so dead Iraqis.
"Kill him! Kill us all! Please god release us from this endless torment!" audience members cheered, begging for the only escape from the living hell that had consumed most or all of their adult lives.

ilmdge posted:

“Shoot him! He has an IED, don’t wait for permission!” some viewers screamed, according to Global Post. They were reacting to the moment when actor Bradley Cooper — playing Navy SEAL Chris Kyle — hesitated to shoot a kid carrying a grenade.

i want to die

that an be arranged. pm me.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
maybe the article is talking about a theater in the green zone full of US state department personnel
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
congratulations tpaine on finding yourself. your dead wife is probably smiling down on you from heaven
[account deactivated]
then im sure she's smiling up at you from hell
tpaine, have you ever seen the movie As Good As It Gets? Might be an idea. Sometimes we find love in the last place we look. Even an old curmudgeon like you could find a new wife.
[account deactivated]
I guess this is growing up.
[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

awesome mashup of the "blacks screaming at the cinema screen" meme with the "arabs are simpletons" meme

tapines hate is the purest. only he truly knows
[account deactivated]