it's jewish cultural appropriation and i choose to be offended on that front.
i don't know if it's really 'full' cultural appropriation, but just the tip of it
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I hope the government preserves my right to give my child a gross ass cheese dick smelly dick cleaning his dick in gym class making the good kids barf. Keep your laws off my theoretical child's flappy dirt prick.
maybe if vaccines killed hundreds of millions of people in the last century instead of the opposite, communists would like them more
actually that's not fair because Stalin would never have let this weeping liberal superstition persist. oh you do not want to be vaccinated, comrade? fair enough, we have a different kind of shot for you
is it a pie-in-the-face shot? because that'd be pretty funny. a pie-in-the-face for class traitors. it's good to smile

ilmdge posted:

TG posted:

flu vaccines are for the weak and infirm but mmr is a good idea for infants or whatever

this is dumb as hell because infants cant consent. let them make their own decision when they turn 18

lol this post is all it took to spawn about 20 circumcision posts. circumcision is truly the most fertile gruond for riling up the feels

gCBEcr7T5zY
if the media was actually worth anything the first question theyd ask any politician or public figure is whether they are pro- or anti-foreskin

aerdil posted:

if the media was actually worth anything the first question theyd ask any politician or public figure is whether they are pro- or anti-foreskin

Senator, where are the foreskins. Where are they. Also what is your favorite food

0% of american males have dicks i care about

conec posted:

inject me w/ the cancer virus

funny story: the Measles virus has been proven to directly attack and kill cancer cells. Our modern epidemic rates of cancer (especially childhood cancers) could quite possibly be the direct, unintended result of the eradication of the Measles virus in the first world. Now, im admittedly not a doctor, but its still probably wise to spread this idea around, virally, like a virus.

dipshit420 posted:

i disagree with barbarossa on the flu vaccine. the reason we don't vaccinate for the common cold is that it has even more strains and mutates more frequently and unpredictably than influenza. you can at least isolate influenza down to the most dominant strain in each of the four category and make educated guesses using statistics to determine which one will be the most virulent. will you be wrong? maybe, but if 2 strains happen to spread worldwide, you may protected from one and not the other.

its been proven using the CDC's own data that the flu vaccine only has a 1% to 2% effectiveness rate, and being vaccinated against the wrong strain can actually make infections from the current strain more dangerous

also everyone i know has not had to pay out of pocket for their shot, so i'm not sure it's a massive money making scheme.

i could be sheeple on this, i dont know

just because the money isnt coming directly out of your pocket doesnt mean it isnt going into someone elses

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i don't think i deeply hold any negative opinions about women specifically that are not substantiated by a preponderance of evidence

vaccines cause autism

autism causes misogyny

its a vicious cycle

"Stop destroying the ecosystem!!!" *blithely eradicates literally trillions of our biosphere's resident organisms every single day*
Hey, lets just completely eradicate an entire fucking species from the face of the planet, that surely wont have any unforeseeable long term consequences!

shriekingviolet posted:

it should be possible to criticize the profit motivated degeneracy of your health infrastructure while simultaneously understanding that vaccinations are important and everyone should get them as a matter of both personal safety and moral responsibility. this isn't a difficult concept!

i swear to god americans have such a short attention span they can't parse a concept more complicated than "I Like Ike"

Violet I am geting so much fucking hate right now for just saying that some vaccines are ineffective because they have been proven to be ineffective in reality lol if I cite something like this merck scandal then I am in their eyes a full blown anti-vacciner or whatever:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gerganakoleva/2012/06/27/merck-whistleblower-suit-a-boon-to-anti-vaccination-advocates-though-it-stresses-importance-of-vaccines/

Forbes.com posted:

Anyone who falls on either side of the debate about vaccines’ alleged potential to cause harm is sure to have heard the big news this week — the unsealing of a whistleblower suit against Merck, filed back in 2010 by two former employees accusing the drugmaker of overstating the effectiveness of its mumps, measles, and rubella vaccine.

The scientists claim Merck defrauded the U.S. government by causing it to purchase an estimated four million doses of mislabeled and misbranded MMR vaccine per year for at least a decade, and helped ignite two recent mumps outbreaks that the allegedly ineffective vaccine was intended to prevent in the first place.

Read that again. It HELPED IGNITE A MUMPS OUTBREAK

Forbes.com posted:

“As the single largest purchaser of childhood vaccines (accounting for more than 50 percent of all vaccine purchasers), the United States is by far the largest financial victim of Merck’s fraud. But the ultimate victims here are the millions of children who every year are being injected with a mumps vaccine that is not providing them with an adequate level of protection against mumps. And while this is a disease the CDC targeted to eradicate by now, the failure in Merck’s vaccine has allowed this disease to linger with significant outbreaks continuing to occur,” the suit alleges.

It refers to a 2006 mumps outbreak in the Midwest, in which 6,500 cases were reported among a highly vaccinated population, and another in 2009, in which 5,000 cases were confirmed. By comparison, the annual average of mumps cases in the U.S. in the two decades preceding the 2006 outbreak was 265; before the introduction of the single-shot Mumpsvax vaccine in 1967, there were approximately 200,000 cases of the disease, according to the 55-page document.

If the accusations are true — thus far Merck has denied wrongdoing — the case would lend credence to the perception held by many that pharmaceutical companies are more interested in pursuing profits and preserving their market share than in protecting consumers’ health.

Specifically, the suit claims Merck manipulated the results of clinical trials beginning in the late 1990s so as to be able to report that the combined mumps vaccine, known as MMR-II (a revised version of the 1971 MMR shot containing a different strain of the rubella virus), is 95 percent effective, in an effort to maintain its exclusive license to manufacture it. This percentage is the benchmark used by the FDA to grant Merck approval to sell its original mumps vaccine in 1967. It is believed by vaccine authorities to guarantee herd immunity for people who have skipped on the shots.

However, instead of reformulating the vaccine whose declining efficacy Merck itself has acknowledged, the company reportedly launched a complicated scheme to adjust its testing technique so that it would yield the desired potency results. The virologists say they witnessed firsthand the fraud and were asked to directly participate in the dishonest testing, which was dubbed “Protocol 007″ and is outlined in great detail in the complaint.

I'm not putting something into my body without it being scientifcally shown to be safe. Complicating this simple stance is the simple fact that multibillion dollar multinational for-profit companies might decide to skip that whole step and fabricate the results! This is why I keep calling for nuance in this debate while people post pictures of dead children with smallpox and tell me why I deserve to die for not taking a fucing flu shot. BTW in my state it turns out that they have been using the wrong flu strains for the last two years so it was almost completely useless anyway!

I'm not putting something into my body without it being scientifcally shown to be safe

how many drugs you do

People too often confuse a completely rejectionist position on vaccination with debates about the particular efficacy of this or that drug, which involves propositions which are much easier to prove and does not require tout court denial of modern medical science. And the latter are question that "the experts" themselves analyse, so we are not out bounds to raise them ourselves.

Not that I feel confident enough to weigh in on that area of the discussion either. And I received every vaccine that I could growing up, so its too late for me, anyway.
What interests me more is the kulturkampf aspect of this recent intensification of the vaccine debates.
i think this is very similar to a lot of the debate around GMOs. there's certainly a large contingent of people who dont like GMOs just because they're Against Nature and Bad For Your Soul who are either missing or don't care about the exploitation of farmers by "copy protected" seeds and that part of the debate gets shut out so the only voices heard in the larger sphere of public opinion are either the dipshit holists or I Fucking Love Science crew
science and its uncritical shamans are weaponized by the lizard people to enforce social norms and control
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/without-consent-how-drugs-companies-exploit-indian-guinea-pigs-6261919.html
the influenza virus is responsible for 111 million lost workdays (7+ billion dollars in productivity according to the CDC) a year. it doesnt have to be a conspiracy for capital to want to vaccinate their workers
if someone has already posted that i don't care because theres no way im going to read this thread

dank_xiaopeng posted:

the influenza virus is responsible for 111 million lost workdays (7+ billion dollars in productivity according to the CDC) a year. it doesnt have to be a conspiracy for capital to want to vaccinate their workers

i'd much rather spend time fulfilling the responsibilities of the first world "worker" than have the flu for an equal span of time

that hate influenza beat
anecdotal evidence time my housemate shamed me over not getting the flu vaccine this season and then he caught the flu and was out for nearly a week, and I didn't catch shit.
"Kaitlyn Armstrong said she and her fellow eighth graders heard about Gardasil from a guidance counsellor during a short information session given at her Whitby school in September or October of 2009.
“She told us it was going to protect us from cervical cancer, it’s a really good idea to get it. She was pushing it. She didn’t talk about any complications or any of that stuff,” recalled Armstrong, who is now 17 and wants to be a pediatric nurse. “My grandpa had died a few months before from cancer, so of course I was right on board.”
At the time, Armstrong danced 20 hours a week, played soccer and ran track. After the first Gardasil shot, the pain started in her back. After the second and third shot, it spread to other joints, her knees and hips. Amanda Dubreuil, who taught Kaitlyn at her Oshawa dance studio, remembers what happened next.
“It was one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. When I first started teaching her, she was so incredibly strong, one of the most physically gifted girls I had seen in a while. Over the course of three months she started deteriorating.”
Before each of the three shots, a public health nurse asked Kaitlyn if she had any allergies. Each time, Kaitlyn said, she responded, “Yes, I am allergic to metal,” and the nurses said nothing in response and then gave the shot. (Since Kaitlyn was a baby, metal, such as the snaps on an infant’s onesie, would cause rashes on her skin, she and her mother said.) Kaitlyn says neither the school nor the nurses told her that one of the ingredients of the vaccine is aluminum salts."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/05/hpv-vaccine-gardasil-has-a-dark-side-star-investigation-finds.html

I'm not putting something into my body without it being scientifcally shown to be safe

how many drugs you do

uhh none I only smoke and drink

RedMaistre posted:

"Kaitlyn Armstrong said she and her fellow eighth graders heard about Gardasil from a guidance counsellor during a short information session given at her Whitby school in September or October of 2009.
“She told us it was going to protect us from cervical cancer, it’s a really good idea to get it. She was pushing it. She didn’t talk about any complications or any of that stuff,” recalled Armstrong, who is now 17 and wants to be a pediatric nurse. “My grandpa had died a few months before from cancer, so of course I was right on board.”
At the time, Armstrong danced 20 hours a week, played soccer and ran track. After the first Gardasil shot, the pain started in her back. After the second and third shot, it spread to other joints, her knees and hips. Amanda Dubreuil, who taught Kaitlyn at her Oshawa dance studio, remembers what happened next.
“It was one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. When I first started teaching her, she was so incredibly strong, one of the most physically gifted girls I had seen in a while. Over the course of three months she started deteriorating.”
Before each of the three shots, a public health nurse asked Kaitlyn if she had any allergies. Each time, Kaitlyn said, she responded, “Yes, I am allergic to metal,” and the nurses said nothing in response and then gave the shot. (Since Kaitlyn was a baby, metal, such as the snaps on an infant’s onesie, would cause rashes on her skin, she and her mother said.) Kaitlyn says neither the school nor the nurses told her that one of the ingredients of the vaccine is aluminum salts."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/05/hpv-vaccine-gardasil-has-a-dark-side-star-investigation-finds.html

i hope those nurses feel bad about what happened to kaitlyn.

Barbarossa posted:

how many drugs you do

uhh none I only smoke and drink

so nicotine , MAOIs and ethanol

dank xenu is correct and this is analogous to marx in capital on why capitalists in britain campaigned for public education
wikipedia editors are all carehards who write in a really annoying way to try to make a point:

"Carrey has been a critic of the scientific consensus that no evidence links the childhood MMR vaccination to the development of autism, and wrote an article questioning the merits of vaccination and vaccine research for the Huffington Post."

The Pope has been a critic of the scientific consensus that no evidence links Jesus Christ to the redemption of humanity from what the Pope calls sin, and has given various speeches towards this effect while traveling widely.

getfiscal posted:

wikipedia editors are all carehards who write in a really annoying way to try to make a point:

this is one of the longest pages on the site

thing you typed redirects here. if you're looking for anything real or good by that name, that's somewhere very far away and you are all alone. Reptile from Mortal Kombat is known for his many romances,