TORONTO MYSTERY TUNNEL

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-tunnel-posed-no-threat-to-pan-am-games-police-say-1.2968807

Spooky!
this tunnel seriously makes me reconsider my support for ron paul
Terrible Tunnels
[account deactivated]
moderators change tpaine's name to Fark Lauderdale
What are the "Pan Am Games" is that like Canadian Olympics
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

the Pan-American Games are for all countries in the Americas.

people in some of the fail countries care about it.
[account deactivated]
remember the turn of the 20th century when there were approximately 30 thousand assassination attempts on heads of state by small leftist cells involving tunneling under a road/building and blowing it up. those were good times
don't forget to celebrate Bomb A Monarch Day coming up in two weeks time.

This day in history, Mar 13, 1881:

Czar Alexander II, the ruler of Russia since 1855, is killed in the streets of St. Petersburg by a bomb thrown by a member of the revolutionary "People's Will" group. The People's Will, organized in 1879, employed terrorism and assassination in their attempt to overthrow Russia's czarist autocracy. They murdered officials and made several attempts on the czar's life before finally assassinating him on March 13, 1881.

As czar, Alexander did much to liberalize and modernize Russia, including the abolishment of serfdom in 1861. However, when his authority was challenged, he turned repressive, and he vehemently opposed movements for political reform. Ironically, on the very day he was killed, he signed a proclamation--the so-called Loris-Melikov constitution--that would have created two legislative commissions made up of indirectly elected representatives.

He was succeeded by his 36-year-old son, Alexander III, who rejected the Loris-Melikov constitution. Alexander II's assassins were arrested and hanged, and the People's Will was thoroughly suppressed. The peasant revolution advocated by the People's Will was achieved by Vladimir Lenin's Bolshevik revolutionaries in 1917.

Meursault posted:

that's the commonwealth games

the police held a press conference where they made the soundbite that this posed no threat to the pan-am games because they would have found it. but they said they had no warning about it and that it was a fluke someone found it. sort of an odd way to frame the issue. like... maybe it posed a little threat. maybe you wouldn't have found it. anyway i'm thinking it'll end up a lot worse than a terror tunnel. it'll be like yeah this tunnel was going to be used to bury children alive by a guy in a clown suit.
remember when http://germanguerilla.com/1979/06/25/attack-on-alexander-haig/

shriekingviolet posted:

We're going to see a new era of assassinations dawning with drone technology and 3D printing, it's going to be wild

and only Ron Paul will be able to calm the storm...

FSAD posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

We're going to see a new era of assassinations dawning with drone technology and 3D printing, it's going to be wild

yeah, this new technology is going to completely revitalize the "things leftists could easily be doing but won't because they secretly love the empire and would be terrified if it collapsed" scene

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/03/02/police-id-builders-of-mystery-tunnel-close-case.html

lol
literally the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning was some lady going all carelord insisting "the story's garbage, it's a coverup, i've seen when stoners try to build things, this is professional level work, besides they're not even being charged for building a secret hideout on land that wasn't theirs next door to a public university when if you climb a tree in the park they'll arrest you, this stinks". it wasn't even a call in show, she was the DJ