`
Puck Futin!!!!!!!!
img-icantseeshit.jpg

edit: it's working now.

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

[account deactivated]
Are you tired of lies, propaganda, war, rising prices? Then come to the March of Spring,” Nemtsov wrote on Twitter the day before he was murdered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russian-opposition-leader-boris-nemtsov-reported-killed-in-moscow/2015/02/27/972e15f0-becb-11e4-b274-e5209a3bc9a9_story.html
did you guys know they called the student protests in quebec the printemps érable which is a good solid joke i think. (non-cosmopolitan posters, ask a bourgeois friend what the joke is).
Hasn't been a propitious day, on the face of it, for the Russian 'liberal' opposition.
http://www.wboc.com/story/28220177/russian-court-upholds-sentence-for-opposition-leader-navalny

Navalny had also been calling for a march.

I call on everyone to come to the "Spring March" and struggle for the future of our country," he said.
I bet the CIA did it.
No it was those gangster Russians, who are so stupid and bloodthirsty

In the Russian parliament, Nemtsov was on the legislative committee, working on agricultural reform and the liberalization of foreign trade. It was in this position that Nemtsov came to meet Boris Yeltsin, who was impressed with the young man’s work (Chinayeva 1996, 36). During the 1991 attack on the government by those opposed to Yeltsin, Nemtsov was a vehement supporter of the president, and stood by him during the entire clash. After the events of October 1991, Nemtsov’s loyalty was rewarded with the position of presidential representative in his home region of Nizhny Novgorod (Chinayeva 1996, 36).

In November 1991, Nemtsov was appointed Governor of the Nizhny Novgorod region. He was re-elected in that position by popular vote in December 1995. His tenure was marked by the implementation of a wide-ranging, chaotic free market reform programme which earned the nickname "Laboratory of Reform" for Nizhny Novgorod and resulted in significant economic growth for the region. Nemtsov's reforms won praise from former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, who visited Nizhny Novgorod in 1993 (Chinayeva 1996, 37).

getfiscal posted:

did you guys know they called the student protests in quebec the printemps érable which is a good solid joke i think. (non-cosmopolitan posters, ask a bourgeois friend what the joke is).

You know, some people would see this as an extremely dangerous provocation and a much too convenient assassination to radically escalate imperial war.

But, ole Crow?

I choose to celebrate an overdue taking out the trash

Spoiler!

“With all due respect to the memory of Boris Nemtsov, in political terms he did not pose any threat to the current Russian leadership or Vladimir Putin. If we compare popularity levels, Putin’s and the government’s ratings and so on, in general Boris Nemtsov was just a little bit more than an average citizen,” Peskov said on Saturday.

http://rt.com/news/236387-reaction-provocation-nemtsov-muder/
[account deactivated]
house of cards season 3 features an evil putin character and literally stars pussy riot
Along with Navalny, key actors in the anti-Putin protest movement are centered around Solidarnost which was created in December 2008 by Boris Nemtsov, Vladimir Ryzhkov and others. Nemtsov is hardly one to protest corruption. According to Business Week Russia of September 23, 2007, Nemtsov introduced Russian banker Boris Brevnov to Gretchen Wilson, a US citizen and an employee of the International Finance Corporation, a financing arm of the World Bank. Wilson and Brevnov married. With the help of Nemtsov Wilson managed to privatize Balakhna Pulp and Paper mill at the giveaway price of just $7 million. The enterprise was sucked dry and then sold to the Wall Street-Swiss investment bank, CS First Boston bank. The annual turnover of the mill was reportedly $250 million.

CS First Boston bank also paid for Nemtsov’s trips to the very expensive Davos World Economic Forum. When Nemtsov became a member of the cabinet, his protégé Brevnov was appointed the chairman of the Unified Energy System of Russia JSC. Two years later in 2009 Boris Nemtsov, today’s “Mr. anti-corruption,” used his influence reportedly to get Brevnov off the hook for charges of embezzling billions from assets of Unified Energy System.

Nemtsov also took money from jailed Russian oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky in 1999 when the latter was using his billions to try to buy the Russian parliament or Duma. In 2004 Nemtsov met with exiled billionaire oligarch Boris Berezovsky in a secret gathering with other exiled Russian tycoons. When Nemtsov was detailed by Russian authorities for allegations of foreign funding of his new political party, “For Russia without Lawlessness and Corruption,” US Senators John McCain and Joe Liberman and Mike Hammer of the Obama National Security Council came to support of Nemtsov.

http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1-/10643-finito-with-putin-the-shady-na%0Ational-endowment-for-democracy-a-the-prime-agenda.html
i hope putin dies of turbo aids for what he did to this little trotsky
Yeah I think Nemtsov got knocked off because he wasn't vital like, say, Navalny is, and his bland unpopularity was best utilized instead into a 'respectable' martyr nearly one day from a planned Russian Spring op. He was still on the NED payroll but ya know, there was no way he would be turned into a leading figure. I'm still kind of surprised Poroshenko ever got re-installed in Kiev, but there's still a logic there, Nemtsov is just worthless alive. No big surprise to NATO kid-killin' calculus though
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

What's your mom think about it

my mom asked me somewhat recently if obama is a democrat or republican. granted, it's hard for me to tell as well, and we're not american (praise JC)

THEARY: puton aims a gn out the window of the kremlin. an american tank tries to stop the bullet but its too late. if only theyd been allowed to put the tank next to the kremlin earlier..........
I kinda feel like the usa murdering its own foreign asset to benefit internal propaganda is an act out of weakness. but what do i know. everything, is the answer to that.
from martin to malcolm to boris... they keep killing our leaders.

discipline posted:

What's your mom think about it

She knows its fishy as hell. she's started paying attention after the ukraine nightmare

Speaking of which:

One thing needs to be kept in mind concerning the recent Nemtsov murder: he was a politician way past his prime.
His political weight was low even within the Russian opposition, which as a whole is extremely weak right now; for most people, this assassination is the first time they'll hear about Nemtsov in a year or more.

Many even argue that Nemtsov was a "decorative" asset for Putin as a stable, familiar, relatively honest but powerless opposition figure.

In short, this makes no sense, sort of like murdering Ross Perot in the USA.

For Putin, Nemtsov as a martyr is a far, far bigger problem than he ever was alive. If not within Russia itself, where most people seem to be baffled (again, Ross Perot assassination), then on the international diplomatic and mass media stage, where people can be easily convinced Nemtsov was killed because he "was a threat to Putin".

Three years ago, Putin warned about this exact scenario.
Who benefits? May be internal Russian opposition, Ukrainian government, American government, heck even islamic extremists - but Putin doesn't benefit, that's for sure.

Make your own conclusions.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-njh...

Evidence from an independent polling agency:

1) Most common answer (55%) about Nemtsov in a recent poll was "I don't know who that is"

2) Nemtsov scored far lower on support than on name recognition - only about 2% of those that recognized his name supported him; this comes from being a Yeltsin-era politician, and hence(perhaps blamelessly) being associated with images of societal collapse and corruption,

http://www.levada.ru/07-02-2014/uznavaemost-oppozitsionnykh-politikov

swampman posted:

I kinda feel like the usa murdering its own foreign asset to benefit internal propaganda is an act out of weakness. but what do i know. everything, is the answer to that.

Even though considering common espionage tactics an 'act of weakness' seems silly to me, it is in a way. Putin's approval is at an all-time high, most Russians know they basically have to fend off any coup. And it's really hard to escalate war with Russia without doing something drastic. And it's certainly impossible to destabilize the Russian state without resorting to terrorist tactics (Which NATO & GCC has been doing for at least 20 fucking years now).

So they knock off a political guy that most Russians don't even recognize anymore, and they fire up their war propaganda which is already primed and ready to go. Any effect it has in bolstering a really unpopular 'Russian Spring' protest their trying to pull off will only be net beneficial to the US. It's really easy and simple, it's not as flashy as say funding Chechen terror groups to blow up a market or whatever (this is virtually public record by the way). Honestly, this is only dastardly in its timing.

Catchphrase
I'm not sure that he makes a good propaganda martyr though... maybe shady neoliberal guy owed the Russian mob gambling money??
well, it certainly did the trick stateside. even my Russian, oligarch-hating friend fell for it. diminishing returns..
ya it is front-page nyt idk
does it matter what happens stateside right now. in terms of what mot people believe right now. they're being conditioned day after day right in the be,ly of the beast. They'll believe this crap until their own situation bottoms out.

Edited by xipe ()

Nice, way to go Xipe!
Yay we did it. One drop in the bucket is worth two in the stream -Mao
even the liberals at al-jazeera are skeptical
[account deactivated]
i agree with crow i don't think this is really for domestic purposes. it's a smash hit outside of russia
UNITED STATES EMBASSY MOSCOW, RUSSIA
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Potential for Political Protests in Russia
February 28, 2015

The United States Embassy in Moscow alerts U.S. citizens to the February 28 murder of prominent political opposition leader Boris Nemtsov and advises U.S. citizens that public reaction to the murder has the potential to include public demonstrations, either organized or spontaneous. Such demonstrations can be unpredictable and can include the potential for violence. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid all protests, marches, and demonstrations.

Previously planned opposition marches that were scheduled for this week-end in cities across Russia may be cancelled, relocated, or expanded without notice.

U.S. citizens are reminded that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
post #40