Soviet_Salami posted:

When I drag my cursor across that it pulses with the vitality of marxist science.

That's tantamount to rhabdomancy

Palpate this! Idiot!!
i do rhabdomancy on myself at night

c_man posted:

i do rhabdomancy on myself at night

that explains literally everything

as far as game of thrones analysis, it could be worse. the ISO, who abandoned brain activity a while back, wrote this in their new e-zine http://www.redwedgemagazine.com/essays/winning-and-ruling-a-marxist-look-at-game-of-thrones

it's obviously tl;dr, but here's the conclusion

In the end, the Game of Thrones series may feel like perfect escapism into a fantasy universe, but the show is so much more than that. Game of Thrones breaks with the heroic world of knights, kings and magic to show the harsh and unforgiving realities of feudalism and power politics for the viewer. It is a world where class and power matters, women are at the mercy of men, and where honor will get you killed. For Marxists, Game of Thrones is essential viewing not only for its gripping storytelling and multidimensional characters and epic battles, but for showing us how exploitation and oppression functions.

as a marxist, give me a moment of your time please to listen to me justify the amount of time i waste watching trashy bourgeois entertainment
really makes me long for MIM reviews...
[account deactivated]

FAILAIDS posted:

really makes me long for MIM reviews...

Mim owns. Mim will own and it did own. Mim owns.

MIM does own.

Yet there are problems with Kriss' statement that the crisis of feudalism had everything to do with the collective action of the masses. Certainly, there is the Brotherhood Without Banners who are fighting all the Kings. Yet the growth of market forces and the decline of feudalism can just as easily be brought about by outside forces. For instance, the crisis of feudalism in Japan came with the arrival of trading ships of Commodore Dewey and the threat of imperialist takeover. To forestall such a fate, the rulers of Japan instituted the Meiji Restoration to develop capitalism. A crisis of feudalism can lead to a decline in living standards for the masses, as it did in Japan with the Meiji Restoration. So contrary, to Kriss who says that the crisis of feudalism allowed peasants to get what they wanted such as higher wages, and he is certainly correct that this occurred in Europe following the Black Death, and as the example of Japan shows this was not always the case. Perhaps the Iron Bank would back a claimant to the Iron Throne, such as Stannis, who would bring a revolution from above?

fucking burn

watching dead ken and greaves go at it ftw

postposting posted:

Yet there are problems with Kriss' statement that the crisis of feudalism had everything to do with the collective action of the masses. Certainly, there is the Brotherhood Without Banners who are fighting all the Kings. Yet the growth of market forces and the decline of feudalism can just as easily be brought about by outside forces. For instance, the crisis of feudalism in Japan came with the arrival of trading ships of Commodore Dewey and the threat of imperialist takeover. To forestall such a fate, the rulers of Japan instituted the Meiji Restoration to develop capitalism. A crisis of feudalism can lead to a decline in living standards for the masses, as it did in Japan with the Meiji Restoration. So contrary, to Kriss who says that the crisis of feudalism allowed peasants to get what they wanted such as higher wages, and he is certainly correct that this occurred in Europe following the Black Death, and as the example of Japan shows this was not always the case. Perhaps the Iron Bank would back a claimant to the Iron Throne, such as Stannis, who would bring a revolution from above?

fucking burn

this is a child's understanding of japanese history. or an anime nerd. also game of thrones is cheap entertainment based on an orientalist fantasy of feudalism and the middle ages and has no relevance to reality. nice production values though.

greaves called me a crypto-racist. that's his right, although i doubt he's read the latest on aryan haplogroups yet.
"crypto-racist", now honestly, did anyone ever get a nobel prize for "crypto-chemistry"?

babyhueypnewton posted:

postposting posted:
fucking burn

this is a child's understanding of japanese history. or an anime nerd. also game of thrones is cheap entertainment based on an orientalist fantasy of feudalism and the middle ages and has no relevance to reality. nice production values though.

owned

c_man posted:

Twitter Beefs: The Triumph of the Unabashed Surface

something something space filling curves

RedMaistre posted:

c_man posted:

lmao

[account deactivated]
My god, pure rhabdomancy
[account deactivated]
Searching "rhizzzone" on Twitter is hilarious
hi phil. check my post history, ive always maintained that kriss was unable to love. peace
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

something something space filling curves

Same here

tpaine posted:

i really do hate sam kris

For the record, fwiw,disagreements about...*gestures vaguely* everything aside, I actually do have a good deal of respect him.

Certainly wouldn't mind having his facility at writing, lol....

Petition to Host All Unsolvable Ideological and Metaphysical Controversies on WordPress.Like In the Good Old Days.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

[account deactivated]
edit: lol maybe not

Edited by getfiscal ()

[account deactivated]

RedMaistre posted:

.custom279671{}tpaine posted:i really do hate sam kris

For the record, fwiw,disagreements about...*gestures vaguely* everything aside, I actually do have a good deal of respect him.

Certainly wouldn't mind having his facility at writing, lol....

if i had his 'facility' for writing i would throw up

RedMaistre posted:

.custom279628{}c_man posted:watching dead ken and greaves go at it ftw

nonsense philosophy produces nonsense politics, no surprise here

[account deactivated]

NoFreeWill posted:

RedMaistre posted:

.custom279628{}c_man posted:watching dead ken and greaves go at it ftw

nonsense philosophy produces nonsense politics, no surprise here

wholeheartedly agreed, have you seen one of these lately?

tpaine posted:

help me understand this beef

Perhaps Kriss would explain it best himself, since I am not sure how he can reconcile his complaint that his opponents "constantly harp on about the ephemera" when he himself has said that there is only surface. Because if there are no depths to reveal, then all is ephemera, and we can not help but harp without ceasing on ephemera.

Edited by RedMaistre ()