Edited by stegosaurus ()

oh fuck yes i was just wondering about this
this game fucking sucks now by the way. you cant really do anything and it crashes constantly.
noice
I just get a rubber piggy
i stand by corn, I stand by stegosaurus doing lectures and posting them.

stegosaurus posted:

you cant really do anything and it crashes constantly.

sounds like it simulates the economy perfectly.

i cant wait for the multiplayer to get finished so i can corn (aka clown) on some noobs. everybody join rhizzone clan corn fucka boyz

FAILAIDS posted:

I just get a rubber piggy:question:

you need an older version of love probably. 0.9.0 is the version the game runs on. sorry i didnt do this obvious and trivial task to make my game playable.

Cron!
well fuckin get it together steg how do u expect to grow capitalism if u cant even grow corn

stegosaurus posted:

this game fucking sucks now by the way. you cant really do anything and it crashes constantly.

getfiscal posted:

stegosaurus posted:

you cant really do anything and it crashes constantly.

sounds like it simulates the economy perfectly.

i think the concept is really cool and reading about what you want to do with it makes me excited but yeah the game looks bad and stuff now which is fine i guess. the idea of the game changing as you play and the competing classes and stuff just sounds really cool. the name corn is weird though every time i read it i spaz out

i wish i were a rich piece of shit so i could give you money so you could work on the game full time

i love u.
the name is one of the best parts
[account deactivated]
Looks cool, very indie, kickstarter when?
Never.
now I just get inspector babby
damn i dont know dude. sorry
Your game doesnt fucking work Kyle!!
both versions literally work on my machine with the latest love thing installed. im just clicking on the thing. i just downloaded it again.
it launches fine and stuff but i dont know how to do anything in game. it's still the best thing i've ever played

piss posted:

i wish i were a rich piece of shit so i could give you money so you could work on the game full time

i love u.

Why don't you just wish xhe was a rich piece of shit if you love xher some much

because the rich are monsters and have no souls and it would be horrible to love something like that
For some reason rar was bad but zip worked. It's corn time.
ive always wanted to make a game simply called "capitalism" where you have two counters i.e. "50% Capitalism / 50% Communism: Mixed Economy" and then you make policy and economic decisions for your country which slides it either way. the catch is that the only way to grow capitalism is to make parallel security & military policies that turn your state into a nightmare totalitarian privatized police state or you risk violent proletarian revolution in your cities and "lose" the game to communism anyway. in other words the only three possible outcomes are fascist corporate police state, a peaceful transition to communism, or violent communist revolution.

then i'd post it on libertarian forums advertising it as a nonironic capitalism simulator and see if anyone notices.
dont underestimate libertarian tech fetishism, because i can tell you We are Going to Live on Mars and Explore Other Realms

aerdil posted:

ive always wanted to make a game simply called "capitalism" where you have two counters i.e. "50% Capitalism / 50% Communism: Mixed Economy" and then you make policy and economic decisions for your country which slides it either way. the catch is that the only way to grow capitalism is to make parallel security & military policies that turn your state into a nightmare totalitarian privatized police state or you risk violent proletarian revolution in your cities and "lose" the game to communism anyway. in other words the only three possible outcomes are fascist corporate police state, a peaceful transition to communism, or violent communist revolution.

then i'd post it on libertarian forums advertising it as a nonironic capitalism simulator and see if anyone notices.

wasnt this basically the idea behind the game monopoly?

c_man posted:

wasnt this basically the idea behind the game monopoly?

Yes. Also the game "Class Struggle" I believe. And

Damn phone
And Corn
in college my friend hunted down that game class struggle and lost like two bids on ebay before we finally found it just sitting at half price books but it's really bad / boring, which isn't surprising because class war's not a game it's REAL to ME.
new review is up

Edited by stegosaurus ()

also theres a twitter for everyone to follow https://twitter.com/corn_cpe
{solemnly} I will.
Should I make an fb page for this game that's not playable and won't be for approximately another decade
yes, you should also hire tpaine as Director of Marketing
every time you talk about this I want to help somehow, but years of programming for money have sucked every molecule of interest or ability in creative programming out of me and I can't even seem to do it for something cool like this. godspeed