Its a B8T-8BTDT X.2
whats a "ХОХЛЬІ"?
christie suspension got me like

Ukraine has stopped paying out welfare payments for pensioners, World War Two veterans, people with disabilities, liquidators of the Chernobyl disaster beginning with Monday, since the law of December 28, 2014, on stabilizing the financial condition of the state has come into force. It affects practically all social security beneficiaries, without defining the mechanisms for providing targeted assistance to low-income groups.

Kiev has eliminated transport, healthcare, utilities and financial benefits for former prisoners of Nazi concentration camps and recipients of some Soviet-era orders and titles. Compensations to families with children living in the areas contaminated by radiation from the Chernobyl accident will be no longer paid either.

http://tass.ru/en/world/797862

c_man posted:

whats a "ХОХЛЬІ"?

its a light pejorative of Ukrainians, especially Ukrainian nationalists, it refers to a Khokhol, a Cossack haircut style which has a lock of hair on the top of a clean-shaven head

My mom said her great-grandfather was a cossack. I don't really have any reason to doubt her I guess because she doesn't care about that stuff. My mom thought our dog was the reincarnation of her grandmother though.
brown moses inc. did an investigation into why putin personally launched a possible nuke against that poor plane that got knocked down or whatever, and it's dumb, cheers

Crow posted:

c_man posted:

whats a "ХОХЛЬІ"?

its a light pejorative of Ukrainians, especially Ukrainian nationalists, it refers to a Khokhol, a Cossack haircut style which has a lock of hair on the top of a clean-shaven head

thats a f'cked up haircut

my mom also said that one of her grandfathers was from nikolaev in novorossiya and that her family told her that he had run away from a prosperous family there and that he refused to ever talk about it, which sounds cool as heck to me, but she always says it as if he once took a trip to cleveland or something, like totally uninterested in it, while i'm like pleaaaaase tell me more about this.
ukraine is cool, cant wait til ukrainian ppl are free. I Think I have some Don Cossack ancestors on my mother's side
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/expert-criticizes-allegations-of-russian-mh17-manipulation-a-1037125.html

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Bellingcat has come to the conclusion that they were edited using Photoshop.

Kriese: That's an erroneous interpretation. They claim that the metadata shows that the images were processed using Photoshop. Based on that they are concluding it was the clouds that were likely added in order to conceal something. The truth is that the indication of Photoshop in the metadata doesn't prove anything. Of course the Russians had to use some sort of program in order to process the satellite image for the presentation. They added frames and text blocks in order to explain it to the public. The artifacts which have been identified could be a product of that -- or also a product of saving multiple times in JPG format.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Bellingcat says its findings are based on the use of the analysis tool FotoForensic.com, a website.

Kriese: And its founder Neal Krawetz also distanced himself from Bellingcat's conclusions on Twitter. He described it as a good example of "how to not do image analysis." What Bellingcat is doing is nothing more than reading tea leaves. Error Level Analysis is a method used by hobbyists.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/05/26/more-video-fakery-on-mh-17/

Brown Moses gettin' wrecked all over.

Edited by Soviet_Salami ()

metaphysically the ukanians shot down mh17 regardless of the "evidence"
this is near my volunteer thing

destroy it change Ukraine to Novorossiya
draw borat and write "not" under it

Panopticon was probated until (July 24, 2015 17:28:55) for this post!

getfiscal posted:

this is near my volunteer thing

you know, I almost didn't buy the message they were selling, but then I saw they had the endorsement of Olga Dukhnich, Crimean, political psychologist, journalist of Novoye Vremya weekly

This is pretty metal meme

[account deactivated]

courtesy of
U.S. Is Poised to Put Heavy Weaponry in Eastern Europe
“It’s like taking NATO back to the future,” said Julianne Smith, a former defense and White House official who is now a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and a vice president at the consulting firm Beacon Global Strategies.
that whole thing is childish. look at a map of the countries involved and imagine 250 tanks along the whole border. it's just a provocation to contravene the agreements with russia so that they can do whatever they want later. like they might want russia to say its joint forces agreements are contravened so that they can just hang out in poland and annoy russia. which is mostly so NATO politicians can talk tough but it's a terrible idea. if belarus gets a full colour revolution then imagine what would follow after that.
maybe we'll actually get WWIII with russia like everyone wanted

Spoiler!

D&D posters username written on an artillery shell (guess which faction?)

Dolash posted: If you combined every Death to Putin with a $10 donation on Ukrainian War Kickstarter it might carry a little more punch. Although if we made that policy retroactive there'd be a Ukrainian tank named Lucy rolling around Donbass by now. I gave that site a once-over and it's still boggling to me.

SedanChair posted: Y'all know this is distasteful and barbaric right

Dusty Baker 2 posted: How do we get goatse on a shell?

Lucy Heartfilia posted: Death to Putin, death to all separatists.

gyrofry posted:

“It’s like taking NATO back to the future,” said Julianne Smith, a former defense and White House official who is now a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and a vice president at the consulting firm Beacon Global Strategies.

cars posted:

deloitte q1 economic outlook/propaganda report came out. here's what they said on russia:
in conclusion

deloitte's q3 report in case you thought shame existed:

reminder that yves smith described Johnny Chen, the eXile's representative in the russian privatization program, as "an over-the-top burlesque of USAID Deloitte Touche consultant/degenerate"

Crow posted:

That Feel When living in age of darkest reaction

i just finished watching the second episode of this and its very good.

i thought johnny chen just played poker
is yves smith cool now? (besides le liberalism face ofc)
i dunno but this was in the most recent links page and i thought it was funny:

Jack Bogle Explains How the Index Fund Won With Investors CNN Money. The headline isn’t very interesting. This, from Vanguard Group founder Bogle on secondary markets, is:

Q: You’re concerned that the financial sector is too big. Why?

: The job of finance is to provide capital to companies. We do it to the tune of $250 billion a year in IPOs and secondary offerings. What else do we do? We encourage investors to trade about $32 trillion a year. So the way I calculate it, 99% of what we do in this industry is people trading with one another, with a gain only to the middleman. It’s a waste of resources.

Why 99% of trading is pointless MarketWatch. Following up on Bogle:

It’s a lot of money, $32 trillion. Nearly double the entire U.S. economy moving from one pocket to another, with a toll-taker in the middle. Most people refer to them as “stock brokers,” but let’s call them what they are — toll-takers and rent-seekers.

Eesh, it’s like these Wall Street guys have Volume III of Das Kapital on their nightstands for bedtime reading. What’s the world coming to?

c_man posted:

is yves smith cool now? (besides le liberalism face ofc)

she covers finance really well

yves smith is interesting, fun to read, good on the radio, not marxist and consistently erases class
http://redstaroverdonbass.blogspot.com/2015/08/ghost-fighter-root-out-right-wing.html

'Ghost' fighter: Root out right-wing nationalists in Donbass
By Eugene Wallenberg
Ghost Brigade political department

August 13: Donbass needs no fascism, no Nazism, absolutely no nationalism. Our work and our homeland don’t need radical right-wing ideology or right-wing trash in general. Dump them.

A trash heap often produces a stench similar to the dissemination of neo-Nazi ideology. In Donetsk, Lugansk, and all the cities of the Republics, it is not enough to close our eyes to these manifestations. It is necessary to clean out the trash from our home. We are common people and 99 percent of us are internationalists! Strongly drive the scum from our ranks!

Please note that modern neo-Nazis, or nationalists, as they like to call themselves, masquerade under different wrappers. One is "Slavic Neo-Paganism," another "Russian patriotism." It's all pseudo-ideology, a false version of the Russian world.

Donbass is an international workers’ region. In my division rooted in Donbass, there are Russians and Ukrainians, Armenians and Azeri. And so it is everywhere.

Beat the Nazi scum wherever they are! Our strength lies in the unity of the working people, not national myths!

Source

Translated by Greg Butterfield

some anarchist guy on twitter was defending the Kiev regime's ban on the Ukrainian Communist Party on the grounds that "communists" killed millions of Ukranians and that Ukraine also bans Nazism so it's just being consistent. when I asked him about the Banderists he said "Hopefully they come to terms w Bandera as well."

so a blatantly right-wing and neo-liberal regime in Kiev that rehabilitates WW2-era anti-Semitic (and anti-Polish) war criminals deserves our support in banning communists because Holodomor.

i mean goodness, i could understand despising the Serbian nationalists in Bosnia, many of whom were reactionary neo-Chetniks that engaged in some genuinely gruesome atrocities. but w/ Ukraine we have an impressively left-wing resistance movement against literal fascists and people still rationalize backing the fash by screaming about Putin and Russian "imperialism."

HenryKrinkle posted:

some anarchist guy on twitter was defending the Kiev regime's ban on the Ukrainian Communist Party on the grounds that "communists" killed millions of Ukranians and that Ukraine also bans Nazism so it's just being consistent. when I asked him about the Banderists he said "Hopefully they come to terms w Bandera as well."

so a blatantly right-wing and neo-liberal regime in Kiev that rehabilitates WW2-era anti-Semitic (and anti-Polish) war criminals deserves our support in banning communists because Holodomor.

i mean goodness, i could understand despising the Serbian nationalists in Bosnia, many of whom were reactionary neo-Chetniks that engaged in some genuinely gruesome atrocities. but w/ Ukraine we have an impressively left-wing resistance movement against literal fascists and people still rationalize backing the fash by screaming about Putin and Russian "imperialism."

the propaganda on ukraine has been top-tier. make it easy to ignore for most, give a really familiar story to those who care to look, and yodel about paid russian trolls (which everyone now believes are both unique and ubiquitous for some reason) if anyone broaches a counternarrative