I'm gonna get a phd in play and ecology at concordia in mount real
make sure to sharpen ur pencils donald

NoFreeWill posted:

love that city....

new yawk city

aerdil posted:

why would u go to york when i could go to new york, it's newer

not everything new is cooler than the original. for example, neo-nazis.

getfiscal posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

woo woo go donald where are you going to school

york

are you Canuting in or moving to this vale of fail

littlegreenpills posted:

are you Canuting in or moving to this vale of fail

for a bunch of dumb financial reasons i have to live at home, so i'm taking the train in a few days a week. which is surprisingly affordable because there are unlimited travel student passes. still more affordable than renting a basement apartment in markham or whatever at least.

congratulation getfiscal. don't stay on campus long. the concrete jungle of york gets depressing fast after everyone goes home

NoFreeWill posted:

also good luck to you. Montreal is kind of annoying after a while. I have come down from the mountain and now I'm currently driving across the country.

Nipigon, where I am right now, is mostly empty except for trees, just like the previous 800km. when you leave Toronto the election signs turn red all the way from Sudbury to here and now they're blue again. I forget how big this country is. so many people just living their lives

canada is one of the least bad places to be when civilization collapses due to peak oil and global warming.
are you moving to vancouver or something?

getfiscal posted:

i'm taking the train in a few days a week

thats a lot of good reading time

NoFreeWill posted:

spending a few weeks with mom in victoria before i ship myself off to london to, presumably, die. or maybe i'll come to my senses and stay in canada

getfiscal posted:

aerdil posted:

what about new coke

c_man posted:

.custom286797{}getfiscal posted:i'm taking the train in a few days a week
thats a lot of good reading time

i got all my grad school reading done on the 2 20 minute bus rides i took every day. also i graded papers in the back of the bus on the way to the class they were due in.

aerdil posted:

getfiscal posted:

aerdil posted:

what about new coke

or revisionism

The Liberal Party:

- Opposed to the bombing of Iraq and Syria, and Trudeau is pushing for an explanation for killing civilians
- Planning deficit spending
- Pro weed as fuck
- Trudeau has close family ties to Castro, and is on the record praising Chinese Communism.

In ridings where the Hoxhaists aren't running, The Rhizzone should seriously consider endorsing them.
nbice troll
Pierre Trudeau smoked weed with Castro etc yes. Justin Trudeau only does lines at shitty Rockcliffe rich kids parties. I don't care how much pretend left bullshit they announce, there is no way that smarmy piece of impossibly bourgeois shit should have responsibility for making any decisions that impact other people
this is justin trudeau for people that don't know. this is a real press conference btw.

He's got spunk.

Soviet_Salami posted:

He's got spunk.

i think his face is just sweaty from the lights

NoFreeWill posted:

Vancouver, the city with 0 museums worth visiting (except that one about the police I guess)

watch the redhead reporter on the left trying not to laugh

getfiscal posted:

this is justin trudeau for people that don't know. this is a real press conference btw.

fuckin l m f a o

wait, who screamed "come on" as he was running away?

Gf im coming to ontario and we're going full van wylder

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Gf im coming to ontario and we're going full van wylder

noice

the sad thing is that i totally misjudged the liberal campaign. i thought people would find out who he was and they would collapse like ignatieff did in 2011. instead i guess people already thought he was a moron and they were okay with that because all he had to do during the campaign was speak clearly about a few things and he beat expectations. they are running the campaign exactly like wynne did in ontario too - hitting all the vaguely progressive talking points and gladly letting the NDP try to triangulate themselves into irrelevance. and wynne won a majority of the seats in ontario that way so yeah. i think their caucus has like 35 or so members so it will be hard to win the election but they could do pretty well. of course trying to predict elections is voodoo magic.
thinking someone being a moron will matter at all in Canadian politics is always a misjudgement my man
Arguably it mattered for Stockwell Day, who then somehow reinvented himself as a policy guy or something.
was it that he was stupid? I thought it was because he and his party were protofascist extremists. he was a funny guy but what can you expect from a prairie preacher. him and Preston Manning could have a hoedown.

if Stockwell hadn't done the jet-ski stunt first Justin would be all over that

aaugh it makes me so mad that he is in politics and that he's polling higher than 10%. it puts me into an inarticulate rage. I guess the other guys aren't really any better though, Rictus Grin Tom and The Absolute Monarch

getfiscal posted:

the sad thing is that i totally misjudged the liberal campaign. i thought people would find out who he was and they would collapse like ignatieff did in 2011. instead i guess people already thought he was a moron and they were okay with that because all he had to do during the campaign was speak clearly about a few things and he beat expectations. they are running the campaign exactly like wynne did in ontario too - hitting all the vaguely progressive talking points and gladly letting the NDP try to triangulate themselves into irrelevance. and wynne won a majority of the seats in ontario that way so yeah. i think their caucus has like 35 or so members so it will be hard to win the election but they could do pretty well. of course trying to predict elections is voodoo magic.

getfiscal posted:

the Liberal campaign strategists have been very smart: at the same time that the NDP took a "safe" turn to be accessible to more of the electorate, the Liberals realized that the their increasing marginalization and loss of trust among the mainstream voters meant that it was necessary to grasp for votes from superficially "radical" issues, thus on mostly meaningless issues such as marijuana the Liberals take the more radical approach of moving towards legalization while the NDP have adopted the centralist narrative of decriminalization.

The NDP have deliberately positioned themselves to jokey for the "lost" centralist votes as the new safe electoral choice, silencing and undermining much of their own party along the way, hoping to simultaneously scoop up the Liberal's disgruntled bougie dregs alongside the supposedly radical "true believers" who vote NDP out of a fantasy of what they wish it would be rather than what obviously is, while the experienced Liberal strategists have taken the path of jockeying for votes among the most politically volatile and potentially radical demographics in a long time (which the NDP have abandoned) while quietly promising more of the comfortable status quo to their remaining base through careful asides.in all these power plays, no one worthwhile ever wins.

thus the unrest of capitals' contradictions are harmlessly dispersed among the bougie electorate, and the Empire reigns undisturbed. its turds all the way down.

glad I'm moving to a place that's gonna be ruled by a soap opera star
"(Mulcair) said the current conflict in Syria and Iraq is the result of the attempted overthrow of a government coupled with the misguided military policies of Western powers — proving, he added, that more bombs are not the answer."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/mulcair-says-canadian-forces-have-no-role-whatsoever-to-play-in-syria-and-iraq/article26225745/

It's reassuring that the NDP seems to be moving away from their bellicose support of these types of attacks. I think I read somewhere that Mulcair even admitted that the NDP support of a Libyan No-Fly Zone was a mistake.

It could be a propaganda blow to have a NATO PM blaming the Syrian War on the West. Mulcair has shrugged off Western narratives before, like when he questioned the official story on the assassination of bin Laden.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic. He's said the NDP will support Kiev against Russian aggression, but even there he equivocated by making the point that Ukraine isn't a member of NATO.