i am drinking red wine. that's what it says on the bottle. it doesn't say what kind of grapes it was made with or where they were grown. it just says "red wine". it was cheap.
imagine a sulphurous toxin made from devil's piss and alcohol. that's what it tastes like
I am drinking a nice cup of shut the fuck up
it is my birthday soon and i haven't yet decided what i want to use to get disgustingly drunk
[account deactivated]
i made myself a radler. drew mentioned radlers on facebook and it took me back to quiet lazy sunday afternoons in June in a leafy beer garden in a commuter town outside munich, the lake and birdsong and the fat old men playing checkers and yelling Scheisse all the time so in order to recapture that beauty i mixed san pellegrino lemonade and PBR together and drank it and it was vile
Normally I drink red wine but its been hot as fuck and i havent felt like cooking shit lately, and when you're feeling lazy nothing beats liquor. A friend gave me a 12 year aged rum from Panama thats outstanding with a bit of ice. A Margarita is also great for the minimal effort afterwork refreshment

littlegreenpills posted:

i made myself a radler. drew mentioned radlers on facebook and it took me back to quiet lazy sunday afternoons in June in a leafy beer garden in a commuter town outside munich, the lake and birdsong and the fat old men playing checkers and yelling Scheisse all the time so in order to recapture that beauty i mixed san pellegrino lemonade and PBR together and drank it and it was vile

that sounds nice but accidentally buying that one radler rly pissed me off lol

"radler" literally means cyclist tho so it's oddly appropriate in a sense
awful stuff. ive tolerated kumis, enjoyed straight moonshine and I wouldn't drink a radler.

unless there was nothing else with alcohol on hand...
i think you're under the impression it's something gross in a can from coors
both the packaged garbage stuff and the homemade Real True Thing aren't terribly pleasant, imho
is a radler just a shandy except with sparkling lemonade? because yeah, sounds underwhelming
i think it might have had some orange in it, the point is that whatever i had that summer was one of the best damn things I've ever tasted
german beer is relatively light compared to american beers (the non-shit ones anyway) so that probably helps

c_man posted:

german beer is relatively light compared to american beers (the non-shit ones anyway) so that probably helps

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

like you dont find too many stouts or stuff with lots of weird crap in it, in my experience. you have weizens and stuff a lot, but thats still not super heavy and goes pretty well with lemonade
well sure like a lot of blonde styles already have hints of citrus in them etc, i think there's even a german specific styling of radler, but dunkelweizens are Real and bocks are pretty far from being light too and oh my god im being pedantic about regional beer styles and now i just want to die
radlers are good with a shot of gin added
ive been too busy to read much, or post, but i'm drinking dark & stormies. ive been hiking in the Rockies and it has been deeply satisfying.
drinking w discipline 2nite. I'm gonna puke EVERYWHERE
im drinking some water so i dont get a headache

shriekingviolet posted:

deeply satisfying.

don't sign your posts

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

puke EVERYWHERE

don't sign your posts

c_man posted:

a headache

don't sign your psots

i made myself a mojito and it was lovely

c_man posted:

i made myself a mojito and it was lovely

what's it like, being a mojito

it was lovely
http://2damnfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Carl-Requests-Geoffrey-Make-A-Sandwich-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air_208x208.jpg
I recently bought a gin making kit. It came with a bunch of juniper berries and botanicals to infuse into a neutral spirtit (I used Absolut.) Making the gin only takes a day and a half total, for the first 24 hours the juniper is infused into it. Then after that you add the botanicals (which is basically any dried out plant you would like to taste from an orange peel to whatever sort of flower.)

I let it sit for 12 hours then strained out all of the dead plants and managed to get a decent gin to DMTD
So on a day where my roommate and I decided that getting drunk was proper, he asked if I could come up with any more "exotic" cocktails, as he'd been enjoying my 3/2/1/1 margarita recipe repeatedly and was interested in something different. The problem, however, is that while the apartment currently holds over 20 bottles of wine and 10+ bottles of liquor, as any Marxist/Leninist/DYTDist abode should, including literally 6 different rums, I havent gone grocery shopping in ages so we have virtually nothing to mix anything with. My intention was to just pop a bottle of Red Wine, but when a Proletarian comrade (who unfortunately is not marxist and would most likely erase class) requests a spirituous libation it is my communist duty to comply.

Undaunted, I plugged everything in the house into Webtender, and found that with a few bottles of liquor and basically nothing else, your options for decent mixes is basically nothing. However one thing stuck out at me and inspired something interesting. A recipe for "hot lemonade" called for lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper mixed with water. So I omitted the water and added a nice semidark anejo barbados rum. And I have to admit it's not bad. With a bit of Marxist Science this could end up polished into something really nice.

-about 1-1.5 oz lemon juice (the one lemon i had was mostly seeds, so after -squeezing the shit out of the poor thing i added a bit of bottled lemon juice)
-about a teaspoon of maple syrup
-about 2-3 shots dark rum
-a scant pinch of cayenne pepper
-2-3 ice cubes

shake, pour, drink

the rum is important, as indeed rum always is. I tried with a clear brazilian rum that's otherwise excellent, textbook perfect for mojitos, and it fucking sucked. it has to be a dark rum with enough flavor to stand up for itself in the midst of such other flavors. I'd actually bought this rum hoping for something more of a sipping liquor but I didn't really like it, but in this circumstance it was about perfect.

this is still in development to get good ratios and i'll probably mess with it a bit but I figured i should keep my DYTD comrades updated on the most current happenings.

Also i'm trying to get into Weed but i was never a smoker and i think my lungs were a bit fucked up by whooping cough and edibles don't do shit for me so that isn't working out very well.
today i drank:

2 24 oz cans of coors banquet beer in a grocery store during lunch
a shot of unknown tequila with a client in their office for their birthday
a 12 oz budweiser bottle at an old man bar after work
and finally i got another 24 of coors to end the night.

edit: ill prob have heartburn tomorrow from the tequila bc non-fernet hard liquor is garbage and also cuz im eating mexican food before bed

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

MarxUltor posted:

Also i'm trying to get into Weed but i was never a smoker and i think my lungs were a bit fucked up by whooping cough and edibles don't do shit for me so that isn't working out very well.

Get your THC the DYTD way and infuse shitty cheap weed into vodka. Use a sturdy bottle that can withstand pressure, make sure its well sealed, immerse in a stock pot full of water and slowly bring to boil on the stovetop. Maintain heat for like 40 mins then let slowly cool over a couple hours. Set aside and forget for a couple months, discover that you did this stupid fucking thing while cleaning out your closet, strain/pour through a cheesecloth or something, and enjoy. It's terrible, and also great.

you don't have to cook it either thc is naturally soluble in alcohol. 151 or everclear absorbs it better than vodka but is also more disgusting. nowadays you could just get honey oil or 'wax' and mix it with alcohol and it would be instantly active and easier but ya

shriekingviolet posted:

MarxUltor posted:

Get your THC the DYTD way and infuse shitty cheap weed into vodka. Use a sturdy bottle that can withstand pressure, make sure its well sealed, immerse in a stock pot full of water and slowly bring to boil on the stovetop. Maintain heat for like 40 mins then let slowly cool over a couple hours. Set aside and forget for a couple months, discover that you did this stupid fucking thing while cleaning out your closet, strain/pour through a cheesecloth or something, and enjoy. It's terrible, and also great.

Yeah i've been thinking about doing an alcohol extraction. Storebought edibles and tinctures are probably weak by law and manufacturing process problems. I've been reading up on the techniques for weed tinctures and "green dragon" and already have ideas on how to improve upon them. I didn't pay all that fucking money for a chemical engineering degree for nothing. I may try a few batches of different methods. I may also just get a huge fucking bong and accept the fact that i'll choke my lungs out.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

you don't have to cook it either thc is naturally soluble in alcohol. 151 or everclear absorbs it better than vodka but is also more disgusting. nowadays you could just get honey oil or 'wax' and mix it with alcohol and it would be instantly active and easier but ya

Everything i've read on the subject says you do want to heat it if you're doing an extraction. Some of the cannabinoids are in non-psychoactive compounds which can be decomposed by heat to active THC. When smoking or vaping this happens as a result of the heat of combustion, but for a low temp extraction, you're leaving a lot of the useful chemicals on the table. Roasting it for a while at a low temp (less than 300 F) helps improve the yield significantly, and may also help decompose or drive out some of the compounds responsible for the strong flavor and smell, possibly resulting in a bit more neutral and palatable end product.

Waxes aren't weak by law they have like 98% thc jawns. Edibles in CO and stuff are made w oil that's just mixed in not cooked w a lipid like in traditional weed cooking.

Today I had off work n drank 2 24 Oz coors. working on a 3rd before bed w some pineapple oj brass monkey style . And now I'm smoking some 'Banana Bana Bobana' which is a terrible name but is good

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

non-fernet hard liquor is garbage

catchphrase

MarxUltor posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

MarxUltor posted:

Storebought edibles

theres ur prob right there

Today I switched it up and had a 24 coprs at lunch and 2 16 Oz budWeiser after work. Having a sleepytime tea n smoking lemon og diesel b4 bed