[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

I've never been misgendered in public, but i've been misgendered in the bedroom PLENTY of times!!!!

Is this even true?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Lol kewl
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i don't know what to post in this thread anymre

I think the idea is that you wait til the next time you get misgendered to post in it again

tpaine posted:

Urbandale posted:

my boss called me ma'am today. i need to cut my hair or something i guess

he was just subjugating you. routine shit, you learn that in mgmt training

HE??? Ubrandale's boss is female you bigot. what, u think a lady cant be the boss?? get out of my store!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

tpaine posted:

Urbandale posted:

my boss called me ma'am today. i need to cut my hair or something i guess

he was just subjugating you. routine shit, you learn that in mgmt training

HE??? Ubrandale's boss is female

my boss is female, yeah

[account deactivated]
I used to work in the art library at my school and a woman asked where the G section was. I pointed but she said she couldn't find it and wanted me to come walk her over. Since there was only one long hallway and it was in alphabetical order, I got a bit full of myself and walked down the aisle with her saying probably real obnoxiously, "A.... B.... C.... D.... E.... F.... G, this is G. It's just the standard alphabet," So then when we find it she looks at me for a moment and she's like, "You're really androgynous, do you know that?" *beat* "Do you know what that means? It's not a bad thing." That's my RL story hope you enjoyed it.
The best part about being androgynous is when people misgender you and you show them, so they're forced to either ignore that they did it or apologize. Can't tell you how many times I've sat down with a girl (platonic friendship of course) in a restaurant and heard, "What can I get for you ladies?" Then I make a real deep voice, "I'll have ten hamburgers to feed this man-sized hunger." Oops you didn't notice my jutting chin, my wide shoulders? Didn't notice the thick matted hair on my chest, or my low, sloping brow? Didn't notice those vein's poppin'? Much like the boys and girls in high school, you probably didn't know that men could have long hair, and much like them you were left speechless after I told you that Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and all the rest of the founding fathers also had long hair and no one called them gay.
take it easy lady

FSAD posted:

The best part about being androgynous is when people misgender you and you show them, so they're forced to either ignore that they did it or apologize. Can't tell you how many times I've sat down with a girl (platonic friendship of course) in a restaurant and heard, "What can I get for you ladies?" Then I make a real deep voice, "I'll have ten hamburgers to feed this man-sized hunger." Oops you didn't notice my jutting chin, my wide shoulders? Didn't notice the thick matted hair on my chest, or my low, sloping brow? Didn't notice those vein's poppin'? Much like the boys and girls in high school, you probably didn't know that men could have long hair, and much like them you were left speechless after I told you that Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and all the rest of the founding fathers also had long hair and no one called them gay.

i have called them gay

3:10. "The daughter I never had," Mother cackles at her mobile from the home office. I clench the binding of The Mandarins so hard the book tears and the last few pages fall into bubble bath.
tpaine works retail? xhir's misanthropy just clicked into place for me

aerdil posted:

yeah turns out having a positive image of human nature is a lot easier when you never interact with humans, who would have guessed

aerdil posted:

The xir joke... Jesus christ... I know this is a spinoff of a fyad-lite but good lord step it up a little bit.

Perhaps the special snowflake will be triggered if you dont use xir absurdly hilraious pronoun xir lol - Parody of 'social justice warriors' who are RUINING my life in no demonstrable way , if you like this joke read any mainstream website from 2013-2017 to read it again
7:09. "Happy birthday... MISTER president?!" IS THERE NO ESCAPE?!!

FSAD posted:

I used to work in the art library at my school and a woman asked where the G section was. I pointed but she said she couldn't find it and wanted me to come walk her over. Since there was only one long hallway and it was in alphabetical order, I got a bit full of myself and walked down the aisle with her saying probably real obnoxiously, "A.... B.... C.... D.... E.... F.... G, this is G. It's just the standard alphabet," So then when we find it she looks at me for a moment and she's like, "You're really androgynous, do you know that?" *beat* "Do you know what that means? It's not a bad thing." That's my RL story hope you enjoyed it.

it turns out....she was actually looking for the D

Skylark posted:

Perhaps the special snowflake will be triggered if you dont use xir absurdly hilraious pronoun xir lol - Parody of 'social justice warriors' who are RUINING my life in no demonstrable way , if you like this joke read any mainstream website from 2013-2017 to read it again

To be fair, when people on this web-site say "xir", they are making fun of the anti-"social justice" people who make that joke by parodying their anger. The only poster on this web-site who is sincerely frustrated by "social justice" people is Goat Stein, who is nevertheless tolerated because he has a wife and child and we wouldn't want him spending his posting time warping their brains, and mustang19, who is banned.

Actually, I use xhe, and the possessive xher, because it's simpler and improves my writing, and it's just more polite, and nice to people, to not make assumptions.
Even if I don't have any rhetorical preference employing "her" or "him" depending on context, even if my use of gendered pronouns is totally even handed, the possible connotations are unpredictable and irrelevant. A lot of people say "politically correct" when what they really mean is "correct," yeah being nice takes effort, you flecks of shit
http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/12729/?page=1#post-272653
How are you supposed to pronounce xhe/xher anyway, I assume it's not ecks-he or zee is it? Asking for a friend.

getfiscal posted:

Skylark posted:

To be fair, when people on this web-site say "xir", they are making fun of the anti-"social justice" people who make that joke by parodying their anger. The only poster on this web-site who is sincerely frustrated by "social justice" people is Goat Stein, who is nevertheless tolerated because he has a wife and child and we wouldn't want him spending his posting time warping their brains, and mustang19, who is banned.

That doesnt seem to really be the case thoguh, the punchline of this thread and a lot of the posts in it are the idea of someone being gender-nonconforming, this for example.

tpaine posted:

i was misgendered when the ork said meat's back on the menu boys, but i consider myself at least a gender questioning ork

And this sucks ass too vvvvv

swampman posted:

Actually, I use xhe, and the possessive xher, because it's simpler and improves my writing, and it's just more polite, and nice to people, to not make assumptions.

Well actually xhe is not a gender neutral pronoun, if you really wanted to be gender neutral you could say they.. But you dont, and what you're really doing is making a joke parodying trans people, who you dont think are valid, and your punchline is the classic punchline "xhe", which was discussed above.

FSAD posted:

How are you supposed to pronounce xhe/xher anyway, I assume it's not ecks-he or zee is it? Asking for a friend.

It isn't pronounced, no one says it in real life, people only ever say it to 'parody' trans people.

Today the chill internet guy Beebee890 retweeted this post where a guy piosted a picture of a waffle and said "This waffle is transpancake, please refer to it as a pancake and not as a waffle or you are a bigot!" and some woman responded "This actually made me rethink this whole issue" lol. Great to see cliche jokes trotted out over and over spreading hateful ideas
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Skylark posted:

swampman posted:

Well actually xhe is not a gender neutral pronoun, if you really wanted to be gender neutral you could say they.. But you dont, and what you're really doing is making a joke parodying trans people, who you dont think are valid, and your punchline is the classic punchline "xhe", which was discussed above.

Actually, I am not making a joke, thanks. I thought about using "they" but its plural. This calls up new problems in context ie. "How does they feel about my unethical behavior" As it happens, English may not be as explicitly gendered as languages that have "masculine" and "feminine" words, but taking gender bias out of it is still not as simple as just, not ever referring to gender. Since there is no broadly accepted standard for non gendered language I am happily implementing my own. I also would like to know why are "xhe" and "xher" not gender neutral. And I do think trans people are valid, and I am having a stenographer take this post down so we have it on record of me saying this for th future.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Stop with the cyberbullying.

I feel bad when im rude to someone when they make a stupid joke and I don't usually do it, and I feel bad now too, but I'm only doing it because the joke is offensive for other reasons too. A couple years ago i searched "xhe" on yospos and got a million more iterations of this joke but i figured it was too cliche to really say anything about even then, and it blows my mind that im still seeing it. I wish people would express their discomfort with these topics in ways that could be part of a conversation instead of repeating the same joke that i have to read over and over literally for years

[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

Actually, I am not making a joke, thanks. I thought about using "they" but its plural.

It's not only plural and a lot of people say this disingenuously just because they don't want to call someone they.

I think skylark is right and I'd kindly ask people to follow her advice on this issue.

tpaine posted:

thanks. i'm super triggered now.