the saga continues

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18722/Slavoj-Zizek-on-Syria-refugees-Eurocentrism-Western-Values-Lacan-Islam

https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/all-cats-are-girls-and-all-dogs-are-boys-further-notes-on-slavoj-zizek/
you're just jelly b/c you didn't reach peak LF

Klackloy Kleeklek came out of the closet to say:
Why Sam Kriss is wrong
I read with interest Sam Kriss’s reply to me. First off, it was dishonest of him to write:

As Zizek himself frequently argues, the primary pathology of the racist is to refuse to see the Jew or the Muslim or the Roma as a person …

So what, then, are we to make of his statement that “Muslims find it impossible to bear our blasphemous images and reckless humor, which we consider a part of our freedoms”?

I said no such thing. This is what I wrote:

undamentalist Muslims find it impossible to bear our blasphemous images and reckless humor, which we consider a part of our freedoms.

Do you notice the word that he omitted?

Despite such intellectual sleights of hand, Kriss seemed to engage also with the Lacanian concepts I use, accusing me of misusing them. But then I stumbled upon sentences like the following one...

I'm glad Deadken has found a career trolling Zizek and making liberals on VICE DOT COM feel radical. I dunno why he doesn't aspire for more but I guess that's his horizon.
to be fair it's probably as radical as you can be while still having a bourgeois career, more power to him
Did anyone tell them the front page is updating again!?
Buy this klacklow kleeklek guy an account

gyrofry posted:

the saga continues

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18722/Slavoj-Zizek-on-Syria-refugees-Eurocentrism-Western-Values-Lacan-Islam

https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/all-cats-are-girls-and-all-dogs-are-boys-further-notes-on-slavoj-zizek/

it seems 100% possible to me that someone born in slovenia in 1949 could have a false idea that chain coffee stores from the united states provide a more thorough feeling of authenticity when experienced by americans in america. however reading these in order just now was like like watching a crossover episode between two sitcoms from different decades of television so A big win for deadken.

I think yall overstate the similarities when in this exchange deadken writes sentences that are intelligible and have a simple point and Zizek does not. They are using their new position to show how the most famous "philosopher" is an apologist for imperialism, so, I think they are doing a good thing overall.
But they do both love cocaine
what if sam "deadken" kriss and his nemesis met IRL? we think it might go a little something, a like a this:

swampman posted:

I think yall overstate the similarities when in this exchange deadken writes sentences that are intelligible and have a simple point and Zizek does not.

zizek is the ending of lost, deadken is the kimmy schmidt people's sixth series

gyrofry posted:

the saga continues

Edited by animedad ()

sam if you read this can you get me a free subscription ffor salvage shit costs too much bro thanks much love
Sam kriss forgot two important details from the bad Tarantino movie: The Letter from Lincoln is a forgery and the man presenting himself as a hangman is actually a "Domergue" (rhymes with Jew) gang member, not an actual representative of the real state. The problem, as the movie presents it, is that the "Domergues" have usurped the inn and the name of legitimate authority for their own purposes, the state itself is never really put in question. To the extant that the law is criticized at all, it because it acts as check on the righteous vigilantism that is required to solve the Domergue problem once and for all: "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

The movie does allow for real communication that transcends raical difference as is demonstrated by the ending in which the black bounty hunter and the Confederate veteran forge a camaraderie enduring onto death, albeit one founded on a shared violent hatred for Daisy Domergue. So its more optimistic than Zizek's nihilism, but only because its more populist, not because the politics is much better.

i see that movie. i like the movie.
i guess the kleekek thread is the best place for this

good shit
Fuck it, i will write a proper front page thing about zizek supporting fascism

Petrol posted:

do it do it doitdoit DO EEEET

Petrol posted:

please do this thing

Petrol posted:

i, too, would like this

i think im like 1/2-2/3 through what i want to say and its already over 1600 wordfs so this might take a while to turn into something readable but im enjoying myself, this i claim is the important thing, and so on
hell yeah
In the meantime

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1llnQ_KHgKqRQwPjoyQES1dgpRQkJ58DAlHtzQ4gBFr0/mobilebasic

xipe posted:

In the meantime

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1llnQ_KHgKqRQwPjoyQES1dgpRQkJ58DAlHtzQ4gBFr0/mobilebasic

which one of you signed this as united states resident "Stubborn Stain"

in as puig gruntlesworthy
every time i want to make a zizek joke i am just going to put it in this thread instead so as not to pollute the rest of the forum

i have to get all the i claims out somewhere, i claim

is this not precisely the trash which we have already been eating?

i claim it is just the opposite

*tears own nose off spastically*
zizek=fash effortpost update: still working on the zizek=fash effortpost.
[account deactivated]
those black guys were specifically jamaicans so the british guys were too stoned to be pissed off
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

personally, while knowing this will sound fascist to rhizzoners, i don`t think it`s so funny to compare that mag cover to that racist poster. while there are actual neo-nazis in poland (i`ve seen em.. look stupid af.. bro its the 2010s not 1980 wear sth else not skinhead attire.. redart), it`s not unbelievable that a number of refugee "centers" in europe are operating as brothels. really, whoever is residing in europe can investigate the matter without putting full faith in the rightist news articles. it`s true that women in cities have reported rapes, received rape kits, and claimed that the perp was a refugee. once you`re in the chair having your vagina cleaned out after a rape, i don`t think there`s much of a motive to say it was a refugee for the sake of disliking muslims. idk what is so funny about this stuff. sure reactionaries want to emphasize it for political reasons, it`s still sexual assault tho. soo.. not very funny... just saying

i didn't post that to be funny, i posted it to show how the conversation around these issues is blatantly taking on the character of fascist propaganda. the headline is literally "the islamic rape of europe" and the articles include "does europe want to commit suicide?" the mainstream far-right (i.e. brietbart) commends this sort of talk as a welcome rejection of political correctness, while white supremacists are lauding this as the mainstream finally waking up to the "reality" of "white genocide". so the comparison between this kind of imagery and rhetoric to WWII-era fascist propaganda is not a joke and it is not facile.

i dont want to be misunderstood so i will clarify that i am not denying there are abuses of women being committed by some refugees in europe and this must be condemned. the problem is when these things are made out to be part of the essential character of the refugees as a mass because islam, claiming european civilisation is under existential threat, etc. this is the stuff of fascism and it is extremely dangerous

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
wait, i.. i DO like wendy's! i... *stands up* i-i'm spartacus!