i've got the solution. any trans people, hell any person who is afraid of rape, find the nearest communist. we'll pledge to protect them, stand outside the stall if they want.
this way we protect the most oppressed, take a concrete action, and improve our image.
i do agree this is not any issue specifically for communist attention, but we do have an obligation to protect all people (that are not capitalist).
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Ufuk_Surekli posted:

Scrree posted:

Ufuk is distressed over persons with beards, balls and cocks gaining access to traditionally female areas and raping people.

please do not attribute to me a view that I have not expressed anywhere. I am the polar opposite of distressed, about literally anything to do with toilet-using-rules, toilet safety, toilet comfort, toilet-anything

what I am specifically arguing against is not one or another particular set of toilet access rules, but against the very idea that the governance of toilets is something communists should argue about, proselytise about, campaign about, etc.

oh lmao it was overfire that posted the story about the dublin bar

whoops sorry, guess i shit where i spoke there huh

edit: i am personally concerned about toilets, public AND private, but only from the perspective of sustainable waste management. thousands of tons of good biodegradable filth being washed carelessly into the ocean... it's monstrous tbh. we need to save our shit before it's too late.

Edited by Scrree ()

let us poop together, as men and women
sometimes i let the dogs in the bathroom when im taking a crap, yes i stare at them, no this isnt wierd
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

yeah i think it's um, something, that the people i see bring up trans issues most often are straight men joining conversations about women's issues.

Just to follow up on this I looked back into the thread, the trans subject is raised like 4 times on page 3 by c_man with no takers, then COINTELBRO responds with something idiotic and inflammatory causing a dispute where none really existed. You can see a pretty straight break in the thread where we stop talking substantively about present day feminism as it relates to the M-L-M struggle, and start raising the exact same points you can find in any Gawker comment section related to North Caroline bigotry. My conclusion is that good posters should be on guard not to get caught up in flashy side topics. "You should start a thread about that" is one polite way to avoid such derails. Yours in etiquette, swampn

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
We already have a dedicated forum for posting in, about, and from the toilet. http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/8/

Ufuk_Surekli posted:

(I was not there, and am not a party member)

Catchphrase

The other night I was in McDonald's and this lady motioned to an employee to come look at something by the bathroom and she walks over and I hear her yell, "Hey! You can't pee in there! That's a sink not a toilet!" And some drunk (probably fash) middle aged polish dude was peeing in the sink. I guess I'm posting this BC it hits on all the hallmarks of the New Rhizzone (getting hammered, talking shit on the Poles, and telling people how one should use the bathroom)
[account deactivated]
im not sure women really hang out in the bathroom to be autonomous tho
https://www.facebook.com/events/1032766563475824/

anypony going to the cpgbml bbq in london next month?
British bbq.
I shain't be attending unfortunately.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
nope, but i could find out if your interested. i will prbably be there
ill be watching the livestream from my underground bunker. according to their wiki, the CPGB-ML seems to keep good relations with "representatives from countries the CPGB-ML supports and people from parties that the CPGB-ML is friendly with", so they probably will have representatives from the DPRK and other places.

Some free books:

Harpal Brar: The Soviet Victory Over Fascism - second edition:
http://cpgb-ml.org/index.php?secName=books&subName=display&bookId=9

Harpal Brar: Revisionism and the Demise of the USSR:
http://cpgb-ml.org/index.php?secName=books&subName=display&bookId=19

stolen from : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1QzDfzdzk
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/22/jeremy-corbyn-preparing-to-call-for-tony-blair-to-be-investigate/
The interesting thing about 'radical feminist' transphobia, as it is usually framed, is how it can't resist spite. In almost every article, there's a palpable desire not to know anything about it, and to recapitulate the most banal cliches - even if they are mutually incoherent. Sort of vacillating between the wink-wink of "you know they're all crazy, damaged people" (even if they wouldn't accept this kind of pathologising of difference in any other context), the paranoia of "this is a patriarchal innovation, yet another seizure of territory in the war on womanhood", the concern trolling of "they're just unhappy people who feel they can't live as homosexual etc in their own bodies, and why should they damage perfectly healthy bodies", to the final condescension of "hey, fine, play around if you like, have whatever identities you want, just don't expect anyone else to care". It's almost as if the idea of people not inhabiting their birth assigned sex is, in some way, repulsive to them. It's almost as if the entire corpus of transphobic 'theory' is an extended series of near-misses, attempts to say something else which can't be said. And I guess I know what that is.

animedad posted:

The interesting thing about 'radical feminist' transphobia,

catchpharse

Red_Canadian posted:

i've got the solution. any trans people, hell any person who is afraid of rape, find the nearest communist. we'll pledge to protect them, stand outside the stall if they want.
this way we protect the most oppressed, take a concrete action, and improve our image.
i do agree this is not any issue specifically for communist attention, but we do have an obligation to protect all people (that are not capitalist).

What if that communist was Aravindan Balakrishnan?

Ufuk_Surekli posted:

pretty exciting - in previous years, they've had the DPRK;s ambassador to the UK (Hyon Hak Bong) give speeches. Wonder if they will book him this year too

I expect they will probably try and get someone from the Cuban and Venezuelan embassies too

there's also stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV2rOZT2x3Y

tears, have you got any idea what countries' dignitaries are putting in an appearance this year?

I'm booking him for my next birthday

animedad posted:

The interesting thing about 'radical feminist' transphobia, as it is usually framed, is how it can't resist spite. In almost every article, there's a palpable desire not to know anything about it, and to recapitulate the most banal cliches - even if they are mutually incoherent. Sort of vacillating between the wink-wink of "you know they're all crazy, damaged people" (even if they wouldn't accept this kind of pathologising of difference in any other context), the paranoia of "this is a patriarchal innovation, yet another seizure of territory in the war on womanhood", the concern trolling of "they're just unhappy people who feel they can't live as homosexual etc in their own bodies, and why should they damage perfectly healthy bodies", to the final condescension of "hey, fine, play around if you like, have whatever identities you want, just don't expect anyone else to care". It's almost as if the idea of people not inhabiting their birth assigned sex is, in some way, repulsive to them. It's almost as if the entire corpus of transphobic 'theory' is an extended series of near-misses, attempts to say something else which can't be said. And I guess I know what that is.

bhpn downvoted this but after reading some trans-exclusive radical feminists it's pretty true. there's a strong demarcation between radical feminism informed by marxism, etc. and TERP. the latter is pure poison. only bigotry u should be feeling should be for bourgeoisie.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
here's the new scandal that is keeping the weeping decorum worshippers at peak umbrage levels this morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/02/jeremy-corbyn-supporters-boo-bbcs-laura-kuenssberg?CMP=twt_gu

these rude Labour supporters! they hissed at and lightly booed a reporter for three seconds until jeremy corbin went "ssh"
Why is the struggle for transgender bathroom access—the struggle of trans* women to secure a provisional "safe space" in the domain of binarily segregated Toilet accomodations—particularly irrelevant to the workers' movement? Why should any struggle be demarcated as such? This seems a divisive and undialectical perspective on "social justice," for whatever that tag is worth. Although priorities must be maintained, I see no reason why trans* causes should be distinctly unworthy of Communists' time and energy.

"Every fucking thing is connected" —Moa Sedong
And I certainly accede the primacy of proletarian struggle, and of defining the proletariat concretely. But condemning "identity politics" can only preserve so much when social concepts are viewed atomistically.

Edited by eccentricdeathmongrel ()

Oh shit! I fucked up the toilet embargo! Goddamn it! Shit!

I love Jerry Corbyn!
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

animedad posted:

bhpn downvoted this but after reading some trans-exclusive radical feminists it's pretty true. there's a strong demarcation between radical feminism informed by marxism, etc. and TERP. the latter is pure poison. only bigotry u should be feeling should be for bourgeoisie.

yep terps are terrible. if youre around terps too much seek help
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002746.htm