yeah that's the joke, all of those groups except Qaeda and Nusra are mutually antagonistic. FBI is promoting the "confused nut" theory over the terrorism angle, which is against type but makes sense in the domestic political context
Both his dad and ex wife say he was gay swampman
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Swampman Harmless? Not if Gay, Claim Experts.
Diagnosis? Gay Rage, say Swampman's Former Posting Forum Colleagues
I mean theres obviously going to be a lot of bullshit stories about the guy now, everyone wants their 15 minutes. Some guy who knew him in high school is claiming he was celebrating on 9/11. I like to believe there are none among us who had that much wisdom at the time
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

It's irritating that Mateen is now assumed to have been a "self-hating" homosexual. Until some man claims to have had a moment of actual intimacy with Mateen - not just a message on an app - I don't see why they can't have been a straight lunatic, obsessing over perversion or whatever. Self-psychologizing, self-run exposure therapies are prevalent in a society without basic mental health support for its citizens. Bigots are able to understand that others think of them as bigots and the reasons why,... I can see them being a straight guy who went to the club for years out of more complicated, crazier reasons having to do with tolerance ("I tried my best to befriend/understand them"), surveillance, plotting, and alcoholism...

My point is really not that they were possibly straight. I don't think this is necessarily more likely than Mateen being closeted. I'm trying to agree with bhpn by pointing out that the discussion of Mateen's identity is not actionable, it's endless... Mateen was a statistical likelihood for the year 2016, given x availability of AR-17s, y percentage of citizens working as military and paramilitary, z number of countries bombed this year, and so on...

I just heard his "last watched" onm netflix was american beauty

Yeah further there is still no cell phone video at all, which is kinda weird given that there is now cell phone video of anything that happens in a place with more than 5 people in it. also much information we have comes from Florida police so why believe it. Gotta also say that jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, I think.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Assless chaps don't have pockets.
Here's my thought: this guy did a terror attack in a place he was familiar with, because he went there as a gay man. What I'm positing is that he was both a terrorist, and gay too. To quote Walt Whitman; "I am large, I contain multitudes." To quote Mitch Hedburg: "I rarely operate steamboats, dad. Stop acting like I am a steam boat operator. There's a lot you don't know about me."
gay panic at the disco
It's hard to tell if the media is actually doing the right thing and rejecting islamophobia or if that's just me cultivated twitter and news bubble talkin
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

It's hard to tell if the media is actually doing the right thing and rejecting islamophobia or if that's just me cultivated twitter and news bubble talkin

Theyre conflicted as heck. Because im a masochist ive been watching a bit of CNN over the past couple days. On one hand they are anti-islamophobia when it comes to criticising trump and making hillary sound very good. But then theyll deal with the shooter's apparent gayness by getting some imperial ass kissing gay afghan-american to talk about how The Muslim Community need to stop hating the gays so this not happen again

There is in fact video floating around so I recant all previous statements in this thread except the one about Vietnam. I want to sincerely apologize to anyone I hurt with my posts. tHE r H i z z o n E remains majority opposed to violence against anyone on the basis of sexuality or any other quality besides class and sometimes race with the occasional gender in there, and also many journalists and comedians
[account deactivated]
Of all the disasters covered by momentarily serious comedians and tearstruck news celebrities, this is by far the worst. Holy shit, my Facebook feed.
[account deactivated]
you tell me, pal

camera_obscura posted:

Of all the disasters covered by momentarily serious comedians and tearstruck news celebrities, this is by far the worst. Holy shit, my Facebook feed.

Your feed is in my prayers

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Both his dad and ex wife say he was gay swampman

they both didnt say that. goatstein is part of the conspiracy

My new unfounded theory is that Mateen was conflicted about their sexuality but was casually harassed by coworkers at their security jobs and did not handle this ridicule well. That along with paramilitary training... I know someone who just got severely hurt attending an exercise class taught by people who didnt actually know what they were doing, the teachers just believe themselves to be experts, without needing accreditation to support that belief. Now how many of these mercenary army leaders also consider themselves master psychologists? All of them of course
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/06/13/orlando-shooting-paul-craig-roberts/
my theory is heterofanatical morlock warlocks with mind control

camera_obscura posted:

all the gun control must happen, so sayeth my facebook feed. Guess my next time out drinking with left-liberal friends will be turning into a struggle sesh

babyhueypnewton posted:

link his actions to imperialism, which is clearly what we should be doing

Thought I would re-post this as it seems relevant:

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/didnt-contribute/227800e585e8f2aca718686d4ec45c2d7129d3cf/

So it seems like 2 of the 3 biggest terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11 are also Mujaheddin related.
"The American Committee for Peace in Chechnya"

nice

marimite posted:

Thought I would re-post this as it seems relevant:

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/didnt-contribute/227800e585e8f2aca718686d4ec45c2d7129d3cf/

So it seems like 2 of the 3 biggest terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11 are also Mujaheddin related.

C2cMG33mWVY

Apparently Mateen is visible in the back of this video, can anyone zoom and enhance?

swirlsofhistory posted:

can anyone zoom and enhance?

Ya I can. Any other questions?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.univision.com/noticias/masacre-en-orlando/entrevista-exclusiva-presunto-amante-de-omar-mateen-dice-que-la-masacre-en-orlando-fue-una-venganza-relacionada-con-su-sexualidad?hootPostID=bbbf0b04f49537a0027f4773a8c9d970

Supposedly he had HIV?