Edited by swampman ()

british petty booj commentators pray for the british pro eu colour revolution, ut as this is the UK, it takes the form of an online petition
the promise of even greater personal wealth, through the spoils of an EU/U.S.-aligned coup government, was apparent to the liberal leaders of the coup as incentive to take action, and the exploitation of that anti-moscow "european" identity to cover its foreign paymasters is why those wishy-washy office types enjoyed neo-nazi & nationalist support beyond the usual. if the EU crumbles, it's one less big opportunity to bribe nearby leaders to support voting their countries into "reform" programs based on staggering debt. it will probably lead to that being done in a more obvious, less localized way that will be harder to sell through propaganda about Securing A Future For Our Purest White Slav Children and may encourage splitting between liberals and nationalists, which is cool.

cars posted:

may encourage splitting between liberals and nationalists,

are you talking about specifically in eastern europe? if not i'm not sure what you mean if you're saying that liberals and nationalists are aligned (beyond the trivial sense in which they are both accepted as standard electoral politics)

another thing to remember about Ukraine and Europe's current state, especially given the refugee "crisis" created by Western intervention in Syria, is that the Ukrainian and Israeli IT industry are the same people running the same companies from offices in Dnepropetrovsk, Tel Aviv and Los Angeles and of course the owners are all in favor of a "strong Europe" and big political movers given the continued growth they see in expanding markets. these people would be upset to read me type that because they are trying to get everyone to refer to Dnepropetrovsk as "Dnipro City" because it sounds less scary to senile heiress investors.
i had a bigger post that got eaten, but to sum it up the immediate liberal reaction of throwing a 'these people shouldn't be able to vote!' shitfit without even a second of self-reflection on why the working class despises them is gross, but the overall situation is hilarious.
PERFIDIOUS ALBION, SEEING ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO SOW CHAOS AND DISCORD ON THE CONTINENT, STRUCK IT'S MIGHTIEST BLOW YET.

c_man posted:

i'm not sure what you mean if you're saying that liberals and nationalists are aligned (beyond the trivial sense in which they are both accepted as standard electoral politics)

u avin a giggle m8?

there's a reason u.s. senators hang out with this guy even though he couldn't pull >2% of the vote in a national election that excluded much of the east.
no, im talking about how "nationalist" and "liberal" more or less bookend the electoral spectrum in, e.g., the US, UK, france and germany, capital intensive countries where the primary concern is whether to invest capital abroad where labor is cheap (which im identifying here as liberals) or to make local labor cheap enough for capital investment to profitable (the nationalist angle), and are usually represented by competing parties. if you meant something else i didnt follow what you were saying.

c_man posted:

no, im talking about how "nationalist" and "liberal" more or less bookend the electoral spectrum in, e.g., the US, UK, france and germany,

i thought it was kind of obvious what i meant when i referred to neo-nazis supporting the EU for their anti-moscow line

[account deactivated]

cars posted:

i thought it was kind of obvious what i meant when i referred to neo-nazis supporting the EU for their anti-moscow line

ok

Guyovich posted:

he's gonna get his own late show with jeb lund as his sidekick

they can have a segment called the "helldump" where they talk shit about some microcelebrity, it'll be just like old times
what have people been referring to this as a 'coup' or something?
i guess the part about our Purest White Slav Children could have been referring to canada.

cars posted:

what have people been referring to this as a 'coup' or something?

ive seen people on twitter talking about a color revolution in the works in britain so im not ruling anything out

Scrree posted:

i had a bigger post that got eaten, but to sum it up the immediate liberal reaction of throwing a 'these people shouldn't be able to vote!' shitfit without even a second of self-reflection on why the working class despises them is gross, but the overall situation is hilarious.

people in general believe in democracy like they believe in free speech: when they agree with it

democracy, the just consent of the governed, is the moral framework that supports and validates the status quo and the ruling class. when democracy rejects these things, democracy is dangerous and wrong.
germany didnt fuck over ukraine with nato they wrecked it with color revolution and shock capitalism enforced by fascist goons. nato is only an issue for keeping ukraine from looking anywhere else for help. the new ukrainian government needed capital to appease its IMF masters and wanted in the EU and Germany and London answered the call by purchasing every formerly state-owned industry they could find (in the west anyway).

dont oversell militaries, thats not how the vast majority of imperialism works

Edited by Urbandale ()

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

democracy, the just consent of the governed, is the moral framework that supports and validates the status quo and the ruling class. when democracy rejects these things, democracy is dangerous and wrong.

Neurotic hatred of the political class is the country’s last universally acceptable form of bigotry.

Urbandale posted:

germany didnt fuck over ukraine with nato they wrecked it with color revolution and shock capitalism enforced by fascist goons. nato is only an issue for keeping ukraine from looking anywhere else for help. the new ukrainian government needed capital to appease its IMF masters and wanted in the EU and Germany and London answered the call by purchasing every formerly state-owned industry they could find (in the west anyway).

dont oversell militaries, thats not how the vast majority of imperialism works

so the idea is that without the economic guarantees of EU membership british capital wouldn't have had the same access to buying ukrainian industry to prop up the new regime?

Boris Johnson never really gave a shit about leaving the EU but saw it as an excellent opportunity to set himself up as the next prime minister. Knowing that there was actually a good chance the UK would leave and if so DC would most likely resign and cry on tv, then if he supported leave then a leave vote would put him in an almost unassailable position to become prime minister while a remain vote wouldn't damage his standing at all since we're only 1 year since the general election and the Eu thing would be distant memory by the time he'd be competing for PM role in 2019-20. It was good gamble with almost nothing to lose, clap clap pigfucker
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
As Global Currencies Plunge, Investors Turn to Bitcoin
[account deactivated]
hi im new

is there a chance out of all this the current uk monarchy will get to die with the nation splintered and the sun setting for the last time on their former empire? losing scotland and a unified ireland would be a fate worse than death for a british royal, right?
I created a podcast to take down Chapo Trap House.

https://soundcloud.com/donald-hughes-229196019/the-peacethinker-the-chapo-trap
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol
He does that!

janefondafanclub posted:

hi im new

is there a chance out of all this the current uk monarchy will get to die with the nation splintered and the sun setting for the last time on their former empire? losing scotland and a unified ireland would be a fate worse than death for a british royal, right?

my ass pull guess is that if ireland and scotland manage to leave then many british would clamp down on their endangered national identity even harder and rally around the royals.

all the breakup talks that are going on could easily turn into nice things for scotland and especially ireland but I think england itself is probably in for a really bad time in the next few years if the left there doesn't seriously mobilize with a concrete strategy to defeat the alt-right. cross yer fingers

getfiscal posted:

I created a podcast to take down Chapo Trap House.

https://soundcloud.com/donald-hughes-229196019/the-peacethinker-the-chapo-trap

Quick and direct, which is good, although I think more liberal listeners might need a little more handholding to realize that petrostate death squad backers are a bad thing.

i'm always pleasantly surprised at adorable eastern accents.

tpaine posted:

i got 5 minutes into it before i realized it was 23 minutes long

janefondafanclub posted:

hi im new

Greetings, friend.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]