get deadsam to appear on the podcast, either as a guest or as the butt of a segment where audio from his many appearances on podcasts and the news are edited to make it sound like he's presenting correct opinions
if someone pays for the airfare i will fight sammy boy hand to hand, for the pogcast
[account deactivated]
yes, he has a son named kiddyholes
i think the av makes that post acceptable
[account deactivated]
i will go on the pogcast

let's table the podcast talk until we address the real elephant in the room: starting a rhizzone band

priorities, people
obviously we need a bar first. then we'd have somewhere for a band to play, as well as taking advantage of economies of scale in purchasing booze.
there's a bar called Red Star set up in the building that was once Edmonton's Soviet consulate.

i'll write the kickstarter
now i know it's a little early to get into visual aesthetics, but hear me out

matching zip-up sweaters

here's the first jam sesh
we could probably raise like ten million dollars writing a tinder-style app for landlords looking for tenants
That's great (throws this post in a giant pile labeled Swampmans Ideas That Ze Never Follows Through On)
Would you consider transferring that pile to file cabinets, or are you sleeping in it
I think swampman should do a podcast, he adn tmoney and fringus or whatever could all read like blood in my eye and then sit there and chat about it for 45 minutes and relate it to some current stuff, and then they could do another episde abou tsomthing else in a couple weeks. sounds like instead the plan is to put together like some sort of professional reporting This Communist Life thing and it will never get done?

ilmdge posted:

I think swampman should do a podcast, he adn tmoney and fringus or whatever could all read like blood in my eye and then sit there and chat about it for 45 minutes and relate it to some current stuff, and then they could do another episde abou tsomthing else in a couple weeks. sounds like instead the plan is to put together like some sort of professional reporting This Communist Life thing and it will never get done?

this would really be the best format i think, and if youre discussing specific books/theorists youre separating yourself from the content other podcasts

ilmdge posted:

you are correct, all of the sentences here are correct

I'm willing to try a panel type discussion, who's interested in joining me? Who's interested and in/near nyc? is that important? technology? Help
[account deactivated]
fuck it we'll do it live!
[account deactivated]
how's your recording environment? guessing if you're in the city you can't really achieve soundproofing, but you can still improve your isolation with treatment.

some decent ideas in this: http://transom.org/2013/voice-recording-in-the-home-studio/

a good environment is every bit as important as a good mic. goal is always to get the signal/noise ratio as good as possible before it's digitized for editing
I'd listen to the Ira Glass post rhizzone interview trip report
i like the idea of getting a rhizzone gaming group together as a first step, so people can get accustomed to a high stress environment, and the hideous voices of other schizophrenic alcoholics. We should make a clan
The only game I play is Corn: The Game of Classical Political Economy. But I could make a brief exception.

dipshit420 posted:

i'd stop reading this place entirely if anyone allowed that to happen

i volunteer to bring the rhizzone csgo team to glory
the correct price to ask for cooperation with Ira Glass is a certificate from a medical professional certifying a successful adenoid removal and turbinate reduction robbing him of the multitonal nasal whine he uses to stimulate the r-complex of his fellow liberals into paying two hundred dollars for a polaroid of garrison keillor's bleached asshole
sounds like you want to fuck him.
sure, let's do this.
ira glass i call you out. for fucking sex.
the last story someone told me about ira glass was that his wife bullies him into keeping an insane aggressive rescue dog in his home and the dog in turn bullies ira glass mercilessly
I'd kick his ass. No problem at all.
I don't know if people "get" when i say i could beat someone up or not but I find the idea of bragging about beating up ira glass to be extremely funny because I assume most people just take that as a given... kind of a "new money" thing to say.
while i'm upvoting the idea of you, Keven, kicking ira glass's ass with no problem at all.
Well I mean yeah. I could. And if he pushes me, I will.
now this.. is podcasting

dipshit420 posted:

I thought that dude joined the YPG