[account deactivated]
what was that mountain dew energy drink that was just mountain dew with half the water
[account deactivated]

hey... surge is good.

Populares posted:

i'd say throw him back but all the lakes dried up

so i guess communism gave him the skills he needed to succeed, at no cost to him.
[account deactivated]

had salvador dali been a political cartoonist in the 1800s whilst getting high
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
This is up front on a major canadian media outlet, National Post. I guess it wasn't enough to call protesters violent thugs, we gotta take the next step and call them fascists, and call actual fascists not fascists.
[account deactivated]
I don't get the hate that adult coloring books get other than actually calling them "adult" which implies a prerequisite maturity which isn't really required. The activity itself requires focus and attention to detail but not too much of a baseline skill set which allows it to be easily accessible, much the same as tossing a ball which usually isn't looked at with juvenile derision.

Sure, as an adult completing a page of a coloring book and pinning it to your refrigerator expecting heaps of praise is absurd, but so is expecting a trophy for playing a match of tennis on a quiet afternoon. I doubt adults are completing coloring books for recognition from others, and rather use it as a quiet, reflective activity to express a little private creativity without much risk or damage to other aspects of their lives.

dipshit420 posted:

I don't get the hate that adult coloring books get other than actually calling them "adult" which implies a prerequisite maturity which isn't really required. The activity itself requires focus and attention to detail but not too much of a baseline skill set which allows it to be easily accessible, much the same as tossing a ball which usually isn't looked at with juvenile derision.

Sure, as an adult completing a page of a coloring book and pinning it to your refrigerator expecting heaps of praise is absurd, but so is expecting a trophy for playing a match of tennis on a quiet afternoon. I doubt adults are completing coloring books for recognition from others, and rather use it as a quiet, reflective activity to express a little private creativity without much risk or damage to other aspects of their lives.

nice meltdown

Hillary: The Coloring Book, 2014. Ulysses Press

dipshit420 posted:

nice meltdown

im down with sincerity & your post was Very Nice

Gssh posted:

I'm the cold, calculating stare of a toddler

Constantignoble posted:

dipshit420 posted:

nice meltdown

im down with sincerity & your post was Very Nice

Thanks, having worked with children they are often fascinated and momentarily inspired when they have a chance to directly observe an adult completing the same activity they are participating in, whether it's blocks or coloring or solving math equations or playing musical instruments. It gives them insight into an adult's perspective without being invasive and can be a great stepping stone to maturity if regularly practiced. Reflecting on my own experience, learning was much more memorable and meaningful when completed with another age group, and even a couple years ago i was chatting with a childcare development center director who was advocating for teenager participation with the young students (age 4-8) being positive for the teenagers as well in terms of fostering mature behavior, leadership, and positive interpersonal development, as well as skills transferable to being a parent in the future.

Gssh posted:

A Leader Is Born
One night, Queen Dorothy dreamed that a white donkey descended from heaven and entered her womb. The white donkey indicated that on that very night she had conceived a child who was a pure and powerful being. The donkey’s descending from heaven indicated that her child came from Bourgeois Heaven, the Pure Land of Liberalism. Later, when she gave birth to the child, instead of experiencing pain the queen experienced a special, pure vision in which she stood holding the controller of a drone with her right hand while the gods Influence and Realpolitik took the child painlessly from her side. They then proceeded to honor the infant by offering her ritual ablutions.

According to the legends about this birth, the baby began to walk seven steps forward and at each step the crushed skull of a brown child appeared on the ground. Then, at the seventh stride, she stopped and with a noble voice shouted:

"I am chief of the world,
Eldest am I in the world,
Foremost am I in the world.
This is the last birth.
There is now no more coming to be."

When the king saw the child he felt as if all his wishes had been fulfilled and he named the young princess “Slay Kween.” He invited a campaign seer to make predictions about the princess’s future. The seer Podesta examined the child with his clairvoyance and told the king, “There are signs that the girl could become either a Democrat president, ruler of the entire world, or a fully enlightened Buddha. However, since the time for Democrat presidents is now past it is certain that she will become a Buddha, and that her dread influence will pervade the thousand million worlds like the cancerous rays of the sun.”

dipshit420 posted:

They're for babies.

Play with your phone like the rest of us, baby.

all hobbies, shit?
I thought they were stupid until I saw a completed page in a complex one and it was wondrous and I felt bad for making fun of them. It's not a straightforward childish thing like Harry Potter or Buddhism.
Sometimes a bourgeois person gets time off of work and it's important to the sanity of the worker for this time to feel like it's been well spent. So when they remember that they don't have time as an adult to learn artistic expression, and nobody ever taught them to make art or gave them the time to become good at art as a child, they need to get launched into the easiest task, that picks up where most people's artistic education left off: the motor skills needed to keep ink within small areas (a prerequisite for endorsing paychecks). The end result is appropriately attractive, the bourgeois artist-for-an-hour can claim creative control, and no frustrating learning intrudes on leisure time. Paint-by-numbers, on the other hand,
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
The Left Case For Trump

Things that are now 'zzonE approved:
Adult coloring books.
Adult diapers (RIP tpaine).
???

The time is nigh for the triumphant return of unironic animeposting
The disturbing parallels between Lenin and Donald Hughes include the role
that foreign interference appears to have played in their rise to power
[account deactivated]
When I'm on the train, heading to the camps, instead of reading trot papers, I'll be coloring.