hello fellow netizens,

sadly, I have received the resignation of one r. weird from the position of moderator, and based on my made-up and inconsistently applied rules, that means mod election time.

I'll judge based on upvotes of posts to this thread, sick burns, and, as always, my perfect and objective apprehension of the general will.

so if you want to be a mod, post itt. if you are a mod right now and you are happy to remain one, also post itt.

thank you roseweird for your service.

polling stations will close midnight GMT tuesday february 14th.
I nominate Keven.
getting into the spirit of the times, i nominate rhizzone poster Hitler
make rosewierd the mod
my usual joke reply was to make me mod, but last time i did it it worked... kind of painted into a corner here.
I want to stay moderator. My motto is, moderation in all things.
make me an ifap warden, but don't let me post in those threads or release people
we've been doing better as a forum about embedding youtube videos since tpaine stopped posting, but whoever promises to eradicate every youtube gets my vote

Edited by swampman ()

thirdplace posted:

make me an ifap warden, but don't let me post in those threads or release people

That's my current position. So give it to this guy and make me mod.

If elected mod I promise to Rebunk rap music.
Make me mod of the pdf forum and also give me access to it
i move to add "Dungeon_Master_" to the beginning of every mod's username
kicking out rosewierd to be replaced by a man, the slow ascent of misogyny on the rhizzone
i'm going to assume my downvotes are because it sucks that roseweird quit and not because everyone thinks i am a garbage person for trying to find a new mod
grover furr
make me ifap warden, for i am the mustang whisperer.
i nominate tpaine
If elected, I'll trick Tpaine into posting again (my method to do this is by bunking rap music. If Tpaine hears newly bunked rap music, he will attempt to debunk it once again). I'm also going to do the rhizzone podcast, which will be a Skype discussion of the film Die Hard with Donald (pending Donald's agreement, if he's ever seen die hard).

drwhat posted:

i'm going to assume my downvotes are because it sucks that roseweird quit and not because everyone thinks i am a garbage person for trying to find a new mod

this is why they make 70 cents on the dollar

cars posted:

make me ifap warden, for i am the mustang whisperer.

please no one whisper anything to mustang.

it's a reference to the horse whisperer, meaning i can help the forum.
It's a reference to the dog whisperer, meaning you're 5'3"

swampman posted:

you suck

This is the forum for Debate and Discussion! Current events, regional political discussions, general political discussions, and controversial issues are all welcome here. General forums rules apply.

Additional D&D rules:

No cheerleading: Don't try to shut down a debate. Popular examples include "Don't listen to him, he's crazy," "Everyone else agrees with me," and "Yeah, this guy has it right."

No Parting shots: Don't announce that you're leaving or done arguing because everyone else is wrong and dumb. Suck it up and leave with dignity or stick around and try to prove everyone else is dumb.

Effort Being Met with No Effort Is Bad: If someone puts a lot of effort into a post or rebuttal, don't disregard it without good reason. This is subject to a lot of interpretation.

Catch-all: Shitty posts are against the rules. What's a shitty post? That's up to the mods to decide. If you can't figure out what rule you broke, it's this one. Your post was shitty.

All of these rules are heavily subject to interpretation by the mods.
make vilerat the mod
it is also my completely unbiased opinion that the mysterious gimmick account would be a great mod. i have no ulterior motives behind this endorsement.
you misunderstand, i said make vilerat the mod
banned for implying vilerat isn't already eternal mod
I'm happy to continue mod duties, although I have to admit it's not as exciting as I thought.. no agent smith army of mustangs to battle in the night.

Keven posted:

If elected mod I promise to Rebunk rap music.

Keven is going to return us to the good times when texan rap was the only music people here posted about

Keven posted:

It's a reference to the dog whisperer, meaning you're 5'3"

i'm taller than that, actually.

as ifap warden i will bring back making people in ifap write a certain amount of words about communism to get out of ifap, except if they're well behaved posters ifapped for bullshit reasons then i'll just let them out.
certain people will not be let out of ifap though, we know who they are. in conclusion me for ifap warden, a light in the darkest night of fascist oppression to come.
I nominate the members of forums gang Fair Dinkum Aidsfailians for collective mod power. for too long we have been downtrodden
i nominate the reanimated corpse of stalin, pending the resolution of a few minor technical issues
I nominate MugabeGlasses, seems adept poker and stirrer
A good system of government will empower the good and not be destroyed by the bad, even when they are propelled to power. On the latter basis, please make keven moderator for a while.
i also vote for mugabe glasses

Panopticon posted:

swampman posted:

you suck

Wtf?