hes sharing a cell with teh goat
oh, i see he got shitcanned because he forgot to tip the bellhop in the brothel hotel. jeez, what a poor excuse for a marxist

better late than never on my part here

babyhueypnewton posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
ofc search is retarded so I can't find the thread but didn't he just say like 'I'm nto gonna talk about MY experience w/ a hooker because y'all wouldn't like it' or something to that effect?

yeah and I was right. I knew it would get the lf treatment of being distorted and eventually twisted into a new, unrelated but offensive version, passively sniped at and brought up in every thread, and then demonized for not being ideologically pure.

Hopefully this will put it to rest, but yes individuals in the real world often act as part of oppressive systems, actively act as oppressive agents because of societal pressure, or don't act as perfect ideological representatives because that leads to being stuck on the internet with sadbrains. Jumping on that, instead of discussing the wider social implications which is what I hoped would happen, is WDDP nerds jumping on each other because there's no one else to. The internet is real life and I really don't care what you people think of me, but if we can't have interesting discussion and instead this becomes a forum for personal drama, video games chat, and the refuse of WDDP, then I really don't see a point in posting.

as long as we live in a world with such systems, there's no reason that our beliefs as agents won't be literally inconsistent in at least some respects.

i'm willing to admit that you have a point here and it's hard to tell other other guys to respect women irl. that doesn't mean that there's nothing to be gained with trying though, so we should be willing to Deal With It. then internet chat doesn't have to be sadbrains.

it's ok to use The Internet (even this fucking thread) as a space to help you work through that stuff and see that you're not alone in being uncomfortable with those systems. it can help make you feel more confident about confronting this stuff irl and that's nothing to be embarrassed about.

you do in fact care what i think about you and i don't want to go any further with what started this, but i don't like how you treated discipline and fw in this thread. both of them are more understanding than you've been, and they're willing to help you figure out how to stop perpetuating those systems. you might see them as trying to get at you but it looks to me more like they're willing to offer you a helping hand in dealing with those pressures you encounter irl.

futurewidow posted:

gyrofry posted:
i am without sin and therefore entirely justified in heaving this here stone

men let this shit fly because they see themselves in guys like bhpn and they don't see the harm. then they lay on the guilt for women who have the nerve to call men on this shit

i personally do see the harm and would like to help women do that as well as help pick up the slack. those pressures do exist though and need to be sorted out. if bhpn shows himself as willing to try to work against them, you can help.

babyhueypnewton posted:

futurewidow posted:
there's valid criticism and there's WDDP style criticism. you fucked up, you brought it up, you're not sorry in the least bit and now you're whining that people called you on your shit while threatening to go post elsewhere.

everybody knows the structures and systems at play, you didn't add anything new or insightful about the plight of prostitutes in the Philippines you just told us they're prettier than expected. you're using a system of oppression as an excuse not to engage criticism and it's dumb as shit.

Actually this post:

futurewidow posted:
how dare women get angry at the exploitation of 3rd world women, how dare they

is peak WDDP. It's passive aggressive, angry at some post that hasn't even been made, full of identity politics on an internet forum (I have no idea if you're even a woman) and just plain obnoxious.

your follow up post is the typical response, to then attack me by saying "well you didn't add anything anyway your OP sucked" when I remember perfectly clearly you didn't add anything interesting to the thread, and the OP had plenty of ideas for interesting discussion. that is such a cop out, you're just annoyed that I'm not riled up I guess.

there's a difference between discussion of oppression as a system, which is fine, and personal attacks for being part of a system of oppression. here's a news flash in case you never leave the house: being with a bunch of guys, alchohol, and girls will result in unequal power relations and people don't use proper gendered pronouns and watching their cisprivelege in a club. when it just becomes a personal attack on me, when i've already acknowledged that the situation i was in caused me to act in ways that contributed to oppression, does nothing except show bitterness and vindictive lashing out.

i think you misread her there. let her help you confront irl shit.

Did bhpn get cast into sunrise or will he be back for all this Real Talk
I told him all he has to do is write a Taxi Driver type story where he goes back to the Filipines and rescues the prostitute
Say what you will about his activities with manilla prostitutes, at least he doesnt post poetry
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
I told him all he has to do is write a Taxi Driver type story where he goes back to the Filipines and rescues the prostitute

not to insult your modship, im just a terrible writer so this never would have happened

[account deactivated]
did somebody say meatship
[account deactivated]