my fav canadian band is board of canada, who are presumably from canada
what is canada anyway. do we really need it
between two mouthfuls of pea soup I count my munitions, polish my .22, I want to crush this miserable beaver under my thumb
Strangle ministers, wear brown shirts, plant bombs
i remember once in olde lf a dude went to texas and wrote a boring thread about how utterly awful it is and i yawned. now ive been to texas i kinda want to make a thread about how absurd and awesome it is but i think im gonna wait until my photos get developed
that guy was from Canada . I remember he lorded that fact around in that piece of shit thread
i was kinda astounded by the number of people slumped amoeba-like over mobility scooters. they didnt look sad or despondent though, and they all kept on eating with a kind of perverse pleasure, as if gorging themselves into disability somehow constituted a kind of victory. in a way it supports my whole Thing about the freedom of western societies producing a tyranny of the self and of the self's desires but i think theres something else going on there..... they're not just fighting against nanny-state liberal biopower, theyre almost in resistance against their own cherished ideology of self-reliance and individualism, running, leaping joyfully into reliance.... in a fractured society the mobility scooter is the nurturing other, it is nurse and lover, their mounds of adipose tissue are the objects of desire, it's not self-absorbtion, it's a caesura of the self, almost platonist.....

Weep no more but pity me,
Fleet persistent shadow cast
By your lameness,
caught at last,
Helplessly in love with you,
Elegance, art, fascination,
Fascinated by
Drab mortality;
Spare me a humiliation,
To your faults be true:
I can sing as you reply
...I
[account deactivated]
its a canon ftp i got in vietnam and the light meter's kinda broken and so it the aperture thing and i love it and my photos are poncey and awful so yeah basically
i think i got some good ones of the historical reenactor people outside the alamo though

deadken posted:
what is canada anyway. do we really need it

a few acres of snow

texas rules
not as much as o'doyle though
canada gave us bnl let's not forget
I live in texas??? coincidence????

Life in Texas???
i listen to boreds of canada when im either reading or studying, chillin out
TIM HECKER > BORED OF CANADA

deadken posted:
i was kinda astounded by the number of people slumped amoeba-like over mobility scooters. they didnt look sad or despondent though, and they all kept on eating with a kind of perverse pleasure, as if gorging themselves into disability somehow constituted a kind of victory. in a way it supports my whole Thing about the freedom of western societies producing a tyranny of the self and of the self's desires but i think theres something else going on there..... they're not just fighting against nanny-state liberal biopower, theyre almost in resistance against their own cherished ideology of self-reliance and individualism, running, leaping joyfully into reliance.... in a fractured society the mobility scooter is the nurturing other, it is nurse and lover, their mounds of adipose tissue are the objects of desire, it's not self-absorbtion, it's a caesura of the self, almost platonist.....

Weep no more but pity me,
Fleet persistent shadow cast
By your lameness,
caught at last,
Helplessly in love with you,
Elegance, art, fascination,
Fascinated by
Drab mortality;
Spare me a humiliation,
To your faults be true:
I can sing as you reply
...I

keep going

babyfinland posted:

FLORIAN HECKER > TIM HECKER > BORED OF CANADA

Crow posted:
I live in texas??? coincidence????

Life in Texas???

blinkandwheeze posted:

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

babyfinland posted:

deadken posted:
i think i got some good ones of the historical reenactor people outside the alamo though

did you check out the basement

ken can you link to that poem you wrote earlier about totes gettin laid
People and their ignorance frustrate me.

Upon waking up I saw more posts pointing out the flaws of IC than Kony posts. I knew this would happen and I made a conscious decision to ignore the negativity but as usual I am not following my original intentions. I am going to impulsively share my opinions. Prepare yourselves. I will try to refrain from the cursing.

All of you who think you are so intelligent for pointing out how much money DOESN’T go to the children, all of you who are pointing out how this has been going on for 25 years and it shouldn’t just now be a big deal: You are ignorant. So ignorant it’s disgusting. And yes, I am speaking to those of you who are my friends. I am seriously reconsidering our friendship because of some of the posts I’ve seen.
When you complain that only $.25 of each dollar you donate goes to the actual children, you just sound ignorant. Please try to explain to me how you can effectively run a business…go ahead, try. Try to explain to me how you build an effective business with no money. Explain to me how it would be more profitable to just give all the money directly to the kids in Uganda. Go hand a kid an American dollar and see how effective they are with it. YOU ARE IGNORANT. Money runs the world and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are remarkably uneducated on how a charity works and how it works effectively. Clearly the people of IC are not, since they have created a movement of millions in just days.
Yes IC does support the Ugandan army. Yes the Ugandan army is also oppressive. But you have to understand that in every war, there is a strategy. You choose the strategy that is most effective, not most appealing. They are fighting to bring justice by whatever methods possible. It’s like an American presidential campaign. No one actually likes the dickwads that are running but you vote for the lesser of two evils. None of you seem to have a problem with that.
Yes, this movement should have happened years ago but it didn’t. It’s happening now. Why, in the name of all that is good in the world, whyyyyy would you want to question that?
And yes, there are billions of other people who are facing injustices like this one, even in America. So instead of depleting the relevance of this campaign why don’t you get off your computer and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
The people of IC have a heart for Uganda and the tragedies going on there. Maybe you are plagued at night by the injustices in Thailand and Malaysia. SO DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.
It sickens me to see that despite the good intentions and efforts of hundreds of thousands of people, there will always be people who say it’s not good enough, or it’s not worth getting involved with.
You are a selfish and ignorant human and you disgust me.

In my opinion, every person in the world should be devoted to a campaign like this one. One that fights for justice. One that is devoted to peace. One that takes great measures despite the costs.
So instead of criticizing the efforts towards something good, why don’t you get off your ass do something about the things you care about.
wow i feel really bad now...
do something. anything. just do it, and now
[account deactivated]
"NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR MY VOICE AND THAT'S JUST SAD" -The children of Uganda
[account deactivated]
yeah but the suffering of the children of uganda is base and material, not the sort of profound existential suffering felt by a person of that dude who is apparently a real life bruce mcculloch character's intellect

tpaine posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:
"NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR MY VOICE AND THAT'S JUST SAD" -The children of Uganda

I JUST WANNA MINE...SOME HARD. FUCKING. METAL RIGHT NOW.

ahahah oh my hgod

you know he's talking about manowar
actually probably metallica or something i doubt that dude has gotten as deep into extreme metal as bands like manowar are
im looking for the heaviest, hardest CD you guys have. oh, youre probably going to hand me "the best of aerosmith" or some shit. let me tell you something, man. im hard. im a hard man and i want some metal thatll make me piss my pants
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]