at the $100 pledge level you get a two shots one kill t-shirt

discipline posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:
how much does it cost to travel to palestine and all over the middle east? serious q.

the main cost is the ticket. I live off like $400-500 a month when I'm in the middle east including all bills etc. as for the ticket, I raise money or save when I'm working. taught english to saudis, got money. worked like 40 hours a week going to community college for a while, worked a pro job for a year and got money to save. I did summer camps for a while for kids in vulnerable areas there so raised money from donors in the community back home, also made some money off my blog by way of donations. I worked half the time I was in pali and got paid well above living expenses, squirreled that away. worked a job in the gulf for 10 days and got mad money. I'm pretty good at finding money and saving it. I smoke but otherwise never go out, don't party. go see a discount movie once in a while, eat out once a week or eat sandwiches from tesco every now and again. eat a lot of lentils. I'm accepting donations for this go round (research) if anyone wants to help out my paypal is ubikque (at) gmail.com

how did you manage to move the money around while in palestine?

maybe i'm over-thinking it, but i assume they occasionally search people at checkpoints randomly, for whatever reason they feel, and that they would "confiscate" any money they found

AmericanNazbro posted:
maybe i'm over-thinking it, but i assume they occasionally search people at checkpoints randomly, for whatever reason they feel, and that they would "confiscate" any money they found

wow, that's v. antisematic

w/jews....u lose....
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i only had 9k of debt and paid it off soon after leaving because i had spent maybe half of it and ive always lived pretty frugally soo
when you went into the palestinian bank did you feel the absurdity of it like going to chinatown and getting a pizza
[account deactivated]
the west bank isnt actually a bank goaty

discipline posted:
you're on a roll tonight. keep it up and you get a prize.

Thatnks T money!

state school, parents earning a steady labor aris$tocrat wage, I also did rotc for a year *laugh track* *pause, then laugh track again*
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:
i just let my wealthy parents pay for everything.... why didnt you do tyhe same thing??? jesus, please show some good life decisions here, people!!

Amen to that

Even looking at the title of this thread fills me with a dread and panic so intense i have to look away. Please stop bumping it, I didn't read a single post it's too scary.
My friend taught ESL to gulf arabs in Miami the city that keeps the roof blazing and he had so many students with cheetahs in their houses. Status symbols are weird

Myfanwy posted:
My friend taught ESL to gulf arabs in Miami the city that keeps the roof blazing and he had so many students with cheetahs in their houses. Status symbols are weird

only because you don't have any loser

tom has a cheetah in his house but only because of a bizarre misapprehension about how cheetoes were produced involving a fantasy of "getting them right at the source"

Flappo posted:

Myfanwy posted:

only because you don't have any loser

I think the loser is the one here who doesn't have direct access to cheetahs. And that's you.

Myfanwy posted:

i'm going to start swidden farming in anaheim hills and "go off the grid"
i might bump this thread in approximately 1.1 years but until then i need to keep a low-pro with respect to this topic

also like 8 may 2012 is a big day as well. fingers crossed!