Wildrose candidate says being white an advantage

A candidate in the Alberta election is apologizing for suggesting he has an advantage because he is white.

Ron Leech reportedly told a radio show on the weekend that, as a white man, he speaks to the whole community rather than just members of his own ethnic group.

Leech, who is running for the party in Calgary, says what he meant was that it was not a disadvantage to be white when it comes to representing different cultures.

He says he loves people from all different ethnic groups.

Wildrose Leader Danielle Smith was read Leech's comments from the radio program and said she didn't have any concerns.

She says candidates put forward the best arguments they can when seeking election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/albertavotes2012/story/2012/04/17/albertavotes2012-wildrose-leech-advantage-white.html

lol

i imagine if it's alberta he's right?
Leech has an ability of extrasensory perception similar to Mel Gibson's in What Women Want, except that it allows him to read the minds of visible minorities.

getfiscal posted:
A candidate in the Alberta election is apologizing for suggesting he has an advantage because he is white.

nobody can accuse him of not checking his white privilege tho

canadian politics arent even real politics, c'mon

LandBeluga posted:
Leech has an ability of extrasensory perception similar to Mel Gibson's in What Women Want, except that it allows him to read the minds of visible minorities.

i suddenly recall that i saw that, quite probably in a theater, although i cant at all remember the circumstances that led to that

She says candidates put forward the best arguments they can when seeking election.

that does... not really help anything

as an awkward doofus with no self-awareness he can better speak for the whole of Canada
if you're talking about what race people are 'inwardly,' all canadians are white hth

mistersix posted:

LandBeluga posted:

i suddenly recall that i saw that, quite probably in a theater, although i cant at all remember the circumstances that led to that

I'm going to be generous and assume you were drugged

he was looking for tips with teh ladiezz