[account deactivated]
you're just mad because you didn't think of it first

elemennop posted:
Христос васкрсе!

Воистину воскрес!

What kind of weirdo space nerd studies the language of the country which up until recently had the second highest GDP? I mean, despite the fact they are completely unique amongst cultures, and thus provide a lot of insight into our own culture and a deeper understanding of humanity itself.

They were a key player in World War II, a rapidly-modernizing civilization which strongly resisted Western imperialism, perpetrated an ambush on the US so devastating it thrust the country into the war, and were subsequently the victims of the only nuclear attacks in history. They are now a highly successful vassal state with fascinating politics.

They contributed so vastly to technology that many popular product brand names are in their language. Nearly everyone on this board grew up with significant exposure to their video game consoles. We were all exposed, at some point, to their comics and animation, and maybe even their movies. They are active Internet users with a thriving and bizarre Internet community.

Their food is enormously popular, dignified (even artistic), and healthy. Their cultural standard for politeness and service is unparalleled. Petty theft rarely occurs to the extent people leave their bikes unlocked, and an earnest apology is enough to satisfy most policemen.

But it's not like they're French or something.
whatever u fuckin baka gaijin
The Japanese would never call anyone a baka gaijin because they are very nice.
i got called that as a kid when i lived there, it;s seared into my memory and made me the insecure man that i am today
whoah, they dragged the US into a war, that's some serious cred. its almost like they tried to have a minimum wage or had rocks underground or flew planes like a teenager with a pirated copy of flight sim. wait actually japan did that last one too

eternal_virtue posted:
What kind of weirdo space nerd studies the language of the country which up until recently had the second highest GDP? I mean, despite the fact they are completely unique amongst cultures, and thus provide a lot of insight into our own culture and a deeper understanding of humanity itself.

They were a key player in World War II, a rapidly-modernizing civilization which strongly resisted Western imperialism, perpetrated an ambush on the US so devastating it thrust the country into the war, and were subsequently the victims of the only nuclear attacks in history. They are now a highly successful vassal state with fascinating politics.

They contributed so vastly to technology that many popular product brand names are in their language. Nearly everyone on this board grew up with significant exposure to their video game consoles. We were all exposed, at some point, to their comics and animation, and maybe even their movies. They are active Internet users with a thriving and bizarre Internet community.

Their food is enormously popular, dignified (even artistic), and healthy. Their cultural standard for politeness and service is unparalleled. Petty theft rarely occurs to the extent people leave their bikes unlocked, and an earnest apology is enough to satisfy most policemen.

But it's not like they're French or something.

japan owns, learn taht japanese son, learn it good

so no one here except rakauq can recognize the difference between chinese and japanese I guess

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
so no one here except rakauq can recognize the difference between chinese and japanese I guess

I can I jsut didn't want to out myself for being able to differentiate japanese korean and chinese so i could know which language my asian magic cards were in when i was a faggot high shcool nerd

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

they are the second type

stegosaurus posted:
its really funny how many people here, and also at badgame, actually have studied japanese at some point. its really pathetic

in my defence it was a 30 credit module that i didnt need to study much to get like 75% on, theres no easier language imo

I also know many people who study Japanese, so I have to agree somehow with stegosaurus' opinion.
To be on topic: I personally like easter. I love to eat all the sweets, easter eggs and food hampers, which my family prepares Eastern is for me all about food and meals! I can't wait for next year! I just love it.
hhh
wing wong ching chong hee haw flied lice etc