so its pretty much just like that portlandia show?

babyfinland posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

babyfinland posted:

they overthrew capitalism and immediately implemented a communist program here in seattle. its ok, chipotle is stil open so that scool

I only heard about this the other day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_General_Strike

Kinda weird thinking of the pacific northwest as a hotbed of industrial radicalism. Now i guess it's pretty much just like that Portlandia show?

nah its still pretty left as far as contemporary american politics goes

so its pretty much just like tha--DAMMIT JOOLS

Hi. I went to May day occupation march. I found other bikers and proceeded to bike bloc / critical mass with them. We outwitted the moped riding elmer fudd lookalike contestants and by misdirecting, redirecting, and blocking them, helped the wildcat march take and retake the streets on foot. Then I got arrested for swearing at an undercover cop, a lot, because I saw him throw some woman to the ground, and then I found out he was a cop. Then spent about 30 hours in jail. I am charged with disorderly conduct! And not just on the LF forums!
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

Hi. I went to May day occupation march. I found other bikers and proceeded to bike bloc / critical mass with them. We outwitted the moped riding elmer fudd lookalike contestants and by misdirecting, redirecting, and blocking them, helped the wildcat march take and retake the streets on foot. Then I got arrested for swearing at an undercover cop, a lot, because I saw him throw some woman to the ground, and then I found out he was a cop. Then spent about 30 hours in jail. I am charged with disorderly conduct! And not just on the LF forums!

Yikes! My wallet! Hope all is well

tpaine posted:

you found of those cops that go undercover to stir shit up and make y'all look bad and you fell for it. congrats, terry. he just owned you.

Meanwhile, over here in reality, swearing at a cop isn't illegal, so, enjoy your fantasy world of pretend make-believe

reality sounds nice, in uk it is def illegal
[account deactivated]
anime is real though??

cleanhands posted:

arghed thankfuly in the USa we have real freedom of speech to say the importnat things and not get arested

first comment on the salt lake tribune's story about the may day march was "nobody cares about these marxists or their bicycles" and I was like, yeah, actually, thats true.

cleanhands posted:

reality is def illegal in uk

yeah like swearing at a cop being "legal" doesnt mean they wont jack you up for it tho
I get embarassed if I forget to take my bike gloves off in a store, because i see so many people walking their bikes or walking round wearing those bike caps or their bags when their bike is nowhere in sight, and at every vaguely leftish thing around here people are inevitably standing around or walking around pushing their bike, as if the bike by itself means anything. its gross, it makes me want to a) buy a bronco and lift that shit up about nine inches, and b) shout put my hands up and shout, put my hands up and put my hands up
atomize yourself and face to bloodshed

stegosaurus posted:

I get embarassed if I forget to take my bike gloves off in a store, because i see so many people walking their bikes or walking round wearing those bike caps or their bags when their bike is nowhere in sight, and at every vaguely leftish thing around here people are inevitably standing around or walking around pushing their bike, as if the bike by itself means anything. its gross, it makes me want to a) buy a bronco and lift that shit up about nine inches, and b) shout put my hands up and shout, put my hands up and put my hands up

this is why you never dismount. ride out your front door, down the stairs, to work, into the elevator, down the hall to your desk, in 52/11 all the way. ameen.

[account deactivated]
do other countries have "disorderly conduct" b/c that's how they'll usually get you here in the great states

edit lol i didn't even read swampman's post but point proven
chance of incarceration...

100%

*puts on sungalsses*

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lol

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/2090/232/Police_Caught_Drugging_Occupy_Protesters:_Dont_Believe_Then_Watch_The_Video.html

discipline posted:

cleanhands posted:

haha really... really........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8906739/Met-Police-chief-officers-will-still-arrest-swearing-suspects-despite-court-ruling.html

LandBeluga posted:

cleanhands posted:

reality is def illegal in uk

just as well it doesnt exist

simulacra can still kill u
It'll probably rain here today but it's freakin' Seattle!!!!!!!!!

The_Schliski posted:

sup fellow seattlite

swampman posted:

Oh and a big LA riots retrospective with Rodney King going on about how he forgives the cops that beat him lmao

The best thing about America is that you can do absolutely anything to anyone, no matter how horrible, and as long as you apologize they're cool. but if you don't apologise they will figure out a way to pay you back in the most horrible and spectacular way possible, that's my experience at least, and I think a lot of films back me up

[account deactivated]
Tom, aka the Central District or the 'C.D.',
I have experienced livin proof that Goon justice is a real force and power to be reckoned on but you all are not worthy to hear of the story about it
the dude who arrested you was a sa poster? damn dude thats some serious GOON JUSTICE

Myfanwy posted:

swampman posted:

Oh and a big LA riots retrospective with Rodney King going on about how he forgives the cops that beat him lmao

The best thing about America is that you can do absolutely anything to anyone, no matter how horrible, and as long as you apologize they're cool. but if you don't apologise they will figure out a way to pay you back in the most horrible and spectacular way possible, that's my experience at least, and I think a lot of films back me up

poor osama.... if only he'd apologize in time..

swampman posted:

I have experienced livin proof that Goon justice is a real force and power to be reckoned on but you all are not worthy to hear of the story about it

The Dude With The Flicked Off House

Myfanwy posted:

swampman posted:

thats why we dont apologize for slavery. because that would be rude and impose a lot of implied obligations of docility and acceptance on african americans

Hahaha yeah so we found this dickhole's house on google maps and me and only myself went ahead and drove out there and I got out of the car across the street, pulled off my sunglasses and unveiled my "Right Bird" at that house and it made basically that sound thats at the end of every movie trailer like THRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and there were Distortions in the environment and the entire house became nothing but rubble. Before I drive away I threw out a single pair of child sized vampire teeth and said "mystery solved."

Keven posted:

Hahaha yeah so we found this dickhole's house on google maps and me and only myself went ahead and drove out there and I got out of the car across the street, pulled off my sunglasses and unveiled my "Right Bird" at that house and it made basically that sound thats at the end of every movie trailer like THRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and there were Distortions in the environment and the entire house became nothing but rubble. Before I drive away I threw out a single pair of child sized vampire teeth and said "mystery solved."

rip grover

babyfinland posted:

The_Schliski posted:

sup fellow seattlite

hey