Yes i know Americans are insular, you're obfuscating, where did whitey starve!
CROATOAN
so the outer banks,

thanks i'll look into it, that wasn't too hard

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Tsargon posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

catpee posted:

tsargon literally said slaves were obviously worse off here:
Tsargon posted:
i am not saying, as is sometimes said by other far-rightists, that white people were the TRUE victims under slavery; clearly it is better to be a dirt poor hillman than a plantation slave. but i am saying that the political economy of a plantation society is destructive to every class other than the aristocrats who run it.

you are clearly being intellectually dishonest and deliberately misrepresenting his arguments

im not misrepresenting shit im saying that his argument that white 'hillmen' are not better off because of slavery is patently ridiculous

if you can offer a reason for why poor whites were better off because of slavery other than 'they themselves werent slaves' then id be happy to consider it, so far you havent.

Because even disregarding material circumstances, being able to look down on a class of people and having your innate superiority reinforced is psychologically and spiritually rewarding

yes, im sure this compensated them heartily for the brutal poverty and lack of schools / hospitals / roads which proceeded from the fact of slave power.

Tsargon posted:

Tsargon posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

catpee posted:

Tsargon posted:
i am not saying, as is sometimes said by other far-rightists, that white people were the TRUE victims under slavery; clearly it is better to be a dirt poor hillman than a plantation slave. but i am saying that the political economy of a plantation society is destructive to every class other than the aristocrats who run it.

you are clearly being intellectually dishonest and deliberately misrepresenting his arguments

im not misrepresenting shit im saying that his argument that white 'hillmen' are not better off because of slavery is patently ridiculous

if you can offer a reason for why poor whites were better off because of slavery other than 'they themselves werent slaves' then id be happy to consider it, so far you havent.

Because even disregarding material circumstances, being able to look down on a class of people and having your innate superiority reinforced is psychologically and spiritually rewarding

yes, im sure this compensated them heartily for the brutal poverty and lack of schools / hospitals / roads which proceeded from the fact of slave power.

I'm sure it did too. I think you're seriously underestimating the psychological boost that having a socially mandated inferior caste can give you.

Tsargon posted:

Tsargon posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

catpee posted:

Tsargon posted:

I'm sure it did too. I think you're seriously underestimating the psychological boost that having a socially mandated inferior caste can give you.

as a person who exists on the same material plane as australians and britons, no i am not.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

CROATOAN

the survival of early northeastern settlements had far more to do with getting support from disease-devastated Algonquin tribes and then betraying those alliances as soon as it became profitable than any kind of slave economy. way to deny native agency

Is it unislamic to tell eo that his mean spirited non-arguments and dumb anti-white schtick are boring and part of why this forum sucks
lol yeah because being 'anti-white' has to be a 'gimmick'
Its certainly an impediment to discussion when used as a verbal flame thrower

noavbazzer posted:

Its certainly an impediment to discussion when used as a verbal flame thrower

har har har

An Islamist/paleoconservative alliance would be pretty cool. Get some Japanese nationalists and the Pope in on it and you have a true internationalists bulwark against godless cosmopolitanism.

I'm not sure that it's compatible, because of the jewy legalism of an islamist bloc, they would end up convincing poor easily deceived christians into invading kafiristan

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

CROATOAN

If youre really equating early settlers who are totally unaware of the local plant and animal life + climate starving until the intervention of hardy negros from dark continent you're officially tripping

[account deactivated]

Myfanwy posted:

If youre really equating early settlers who are totally unaware of the local plant and animal life + climate starving until the intervention of hardy negros from dark continent you're officially tripping

ya i was making a joke about insular american culture that i thought iwc wouldnt recognize lol jesus you people take everything so seriously

i recognize all, i'm the first renaissance man of the internet age
lol this thread
your legalism is distressingly jewy

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Myfanwy posted:

ya i was making a joke about insular american culture that i thought iwc wouldnt recognize lol jesus you people take everything so seriously

those starvers were my borderland hick thug ancestors

simply admit that you are a literal piece of excrement

littlegreenpills posted:

simply admit that you are a literal piece of excrement

I'm great, look how good I look and how much expensive stuff I have, je possede de nombreuses fourrures

this granola bar is pleasantly jewy
Libertarians are always trying to claim they are the traditional conservatives, but this is completely false. Conservatism originates in Edmund Burke, who was not a libertarian by any stretch, but rather a proud defender of the State.

Similarly, as I'm sure you all know, the terms Left and Right wing originated in the French Revolution. The Left represented the murderous, uneducated, unwashed horde of common thieves and the Right represented the noble and wise aristocracy, descendants of a long and storied French tradition, who were tragically genocided. Along with them went the French national identity, which is why the remnant nation has been flailing about ever since, killing off its own revolutionary leaders and then establishing five constitutions, two empires, and a vassal state.

Conservatism is the ideology that the educated and wealthy ruling elite should stick together to keep the masses under control. It is the ideology that the existing civilization should be preserved and strengthened rather than destroyed in mass suicide. It is synonymous with being counter-revolutionary.

Maintaining power is a crucial element of this strategy. Any mechanism that makes the masses behave better is a good one. It is fundamentally rooted in collectivist thinking, nationalism, and class struggle.

Those who aren't members of the ruling elite, but are nonetheless conservatives, believe the elites make better masters than the ignorant masses would. They are sometimes striving to be accepted into the elite class themselves.

Libertarians on the other hand hate the status quo, envision themselves as revolutionaries, believe in all sorts of mystical egalitarian gibberish and therefore are quite correctly placed on the left side of the spectrum.

As for the statement that paleocons/libertarians began opposing foreign intervention after the Cold War, Pat Buchanan is famous for arguing against US intervention in World War 2.

Edited by eternal_virtue ()

What's your last name joel. All I know is you worked in San fran, got some colleagues in the silicon valley, and had a lung fish. Hey let's chat