Glasses, they invented glasses
Not like drinking glasses, although they had that too. Im talkin' 'bout the glasses pinceing my nez right now! 8-)
"Russel, fetch muh glasses."
*is handed 2 glasses of beer"
I swear to god I've read ancient texts discussing the use of glass to assist with reading, don't make me find the text i swear to god i'll do it you don't know what you're in for, islam's achievement is piggy backing on the great virtuous men of old

Lykourgos posted:

I swear to god I've read ancient texts discussing the use of glass to assist with reading, don't make me find the text i swear to god i'll do it you don't know what you're in for, islam's achievement is piggy backing on the great virtuous men of old

i donno about that but there wasnt have a proper optical theory until ibn al haytham iirc

Lykourgos posted:

those were probably magnifying glasses

thirdplace posted:

Lykourgos posted:

same thing, classical geniuses invented looking through glass at things they wanted to see, everything that follows from that is just opying

I invewnted being really gruff and non p.c. on the internet and hell, just telling it like it is. & basically a bunch of people copied me. _Sighs._ _Shakes head._ But I mean for a hard riding hard living opinion having deliverer of truth to the masses, I guess you've got to expect others to walk the trail you blaze.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Keven posted:

I invewnted being really gruff and non p.c. on the internet and hell, just telling it like it is. & basically a bunch of people copied me. _Sighs._ _Shakes head._ But I mean for a hard riding hard living opinion having deliverer of truth to the masses, I guess you've got to expect others to walk the trail you blaze.

Thank you Kiven.

thirdplace posted:

variations on a theme

vision correcting glasses and magnifying glasses are not really the same thing
[account deactivated]
oh yeah dude id say with replays im easily over 7-8k hours of final fantasy x

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

oh thanks evilweasel.

The idea that it would even be physically possible for a eurowhite to invent a thing without stealing it from the orient is downright laughable.

Keven posted:

The idea that it would even be physically possible for a eurowhite to invent a thing without stealing it from the orient is downright laughable.

mechanical clocks?

babyfinland posted:

Keven posted:

mechanical clocks?

ackbar al-clock

[account deactivated]

bonclay posted:

Not like drinking glasses, although they had that too. Im talkin' 'bout the glasses pinceing my nez right now! 8-)

people still wear these? i've never ever seen one IRL

glasses are symbolic of Poors who can neither reach for the transhuman ideal by shooting their eyes full of lazers nor fake it with contacts, assuredly due to their fingers' unwashedness

girdles_gone_wild posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

oh thanks evilweasel.

Arrgh I hate that guy!!!!!