Yes, we chose to poop on our own street, instead of negligently sending the poop off with ten gallons of fresh water to contribute to some algal bloom somewhere. Thanks for your input, fuckbreath. How dare you.

swampman posted:

Dear posters in this thread Heres you "They smashed storefronts?! Okay, I agree with the overall message of Occupy wall street, usually, but not if they're gonna cause actual damage to Just Burritos & More, or the Chipotle... those are the two primary places I get burritos!"

I encourage their violent behavior because it reveals their true nature to the public and speeds up their prosecution. Occupy has done more than any other movement to make people anti-Leftist.

swampman posted:

Dear posters in this thread Heres you "They smashed storefronts?! Okay, I agree with the overall message of Occupy wall street, usually, but not if they're gonna cause actual damage to Just Burritos & More, or the Chipotle... those are the two primary places I get burritos!"

ur trollin' but there are literally no corporate chain stores along there. there are a few yuppie stores that i dont particularly care about, but still, i can't imagine anything more ineffectual and idiotic.

if you are going to go into someone else's neighborhood where you don't live to smash shit up, at least choose a wealthy one.

swampman posted:

Yes, we chose to poop on our own street, instead of negligently sending the poop off with ten gallons of fresh water to contribute to some algal bloom somewhere. Thanks for your input, fuckbreath. How dare you.

how considerate of the protesters to recognize the dearth of fresh water available to manhattan

aerdil posted:

if you are going to go into someone else's neighborhood where you don't live to smash shit up, at least choose a wealthy one.

Perhaps its stupid to pretend protesting, or indeed any righteous political action, is about anything other than threatening private property

certainly it makes more sense to threaten rich people's private property instead of the lower class people that you ostensibly represent, and probably make more money than anyway

swampman posted:

That's me... I love burrito's

aerdil posted:

certainly it makes more sense to threaten rich people's private property instead of the lower class people that you ostensibly represent, and probably make more money than anyway

Im saying that maybe thats the job of the people who organize so-thought non-property-destructive marches

"white man go home" --a white woman.

Liberalism.

WillieTomg posted:

"white man go home" --a white woman.

Liberalism.

how is that "liberalism"

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

WillieTomg posted:

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

what

y'heard meh.
To watch Youtubes and post, to judge from afar rather than act from within. This is the twelfth type.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
on my birthday i made myself tacos for lunch and then had a burrito for dinner... i was about to turn mexican. which would be a good thing because they are a proud culture.
if i could leave my apartment without the crippling social anxiety it would definitely be to get burritos (note: plural) but theres no burrito delivery place around here...
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

if i could leave my apartment without the crippling social anxiety it would definitely be to get burritos (note: plural) but theres no burrito delivery place around here...

i would get you that burrito, friend.

*he ain't heavy he's my brother plays*

tpaine posted:

its like that song turning japanes except its mexican and not really...like that song at all i guess...

turning japanese was originally about mexico but they said hmm we've got an oriental flourish in here that doesn't really fit with mexico, maybe we could make it relate to our new major trading partner japan. and the rest is music industry magic.

[account deactivated]
i can't watch youtubes because i'm on a cell connection but i'll bop along and pretend like i know what's up.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=82914
dont link my alt on a google-crawlable offshite, fucko!!
dont smash windows. smash the state. and by smash, i mean, initiate a dialogue with the state, and politely ask it to stop it's fuckery. works every time

swampman posted:

aerdil posted:

Perhaps its stupid to pretend protesting, or indeed any righteous political action, is about anything other than threatening private property

agreed #ronpaul #teaparty #WhitePride

swampman posted:

maybe those people don't agree with the overall message of OWS, whatever it's supposed to be, because it's effectively nothing more than these petty displays of impotent violence where anarchists smash up a whole foods store, merely aiding chase bank's pr image

it's a shallow political movement, with no ideological basis. it formed in reaction to the financial crisis of 2008 and it's momentum is directly tied to the real and perceived loss of wealth within the middle class, with attempts to maintain their status as the labor aristocracy.

another such political movement with striking similarities had come to power in early 20th century germany - That's right, OWS is literally hitler.

swampman posted:

it demonstrates absolute weakness and lack of discipline, accomplishes roughly zilch, and probably most of the people who actually attend these events are opposed to it for those reasons

Lessons posted:

swampman posted:

it demonstrates absolute weakness and lack of discipline, accomplishes roughly zilch, and probably most of the people who actually attend these events are opposed to it for those reasons

it actually does accomplish a lot, as Joel had pointed out early, in that it hurts the movement in various different ways

[account deactivated]
on the plus side accelerating the fall of the p-b into the p-t erodes conservatisms popular base, and the beauty of 'political capital' is that you can simultaneously stand for something whilst selling out activists who do the hard work making it happen, such as in the case of euroconservatism and anders breivik