A Conservative MP says anti-bullying initiatives popping up across the country should also apply to fetuses.

Maurice Vellacott of Saskatchewan says the most common bullying of all is the bullying and ultimate death of unborn children.

Vellacott says there is research that proves fetuses feel pain, and there should be a law to protect them from what he refers to as bullying.

He said abortions are far worse than any case of schoolyard or neighbourhood bullying.

Vellacott is a longtime, outspoken opponent of abortion.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper has repeatedly said he will not reopen the abortion debate, and he voted against another Conservative MP's recent bid to have a Commons committee study the legal definition of when a fetus becomes a human being.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/17/pol-cp-bullying-fetuses-abortion.html

Conservative MP to soon-to-be-aborted fetuses: "It gets better"
Breaking: Gay fetus hangs self with umbilical cord after mother takes ultrasound of him. The next Tyler Clementi case?
shouldnt we more exhaustively test the full limits of fetal pain before we start jumping the gun here?
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

pigs can recognize themselves in mirrors, solve basic puzzles, have family memory, and feel pain but that doesn't keep a christian country like the united states and canada from torturing and eating them in the most grizzly ways

who gives a shit about pigs. fuck 'em.

getfiscal posted:

discipline posted:

pigs can recognize themselves in mirrors, solve basic puzzles, have family memory, and feel pain but that doesn't keep a christian country like the united states and canada from torturing and eating them in the most grizzly ways

who gives a shit about pigs. fuck 'em.

dont fuck pigs donald we talked about this

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

dont fuck pigs donald we talked about this

i have rights... and needs.

jools please ungas the bacon thread

this is not a joke
just make this the new bacon thread.

"bacon is so good that even the cooking of it sounds like applause." - james gaffigan
another good quote from jimmy g relevant to not eating pigs:

"vegetarians always want to impress you by how long they haven't had meat. oh i haven't had meat in five years. wow. i haven't had a banana in a month. but you don't see me bragging about it. because i'm not a food bragger."

discipline posted:

please dont approach animal rights from an islamic perspective wile you still hang them upside down and cut their throats for no good reason

Goethestein posted:

please dont approach animal rights from an islamic perspective wile you still hang them upside down and cut their throats for no good reason

actually goat, this bullshit website by some muslim crackpot says otherwise: http website dot com

i just imagine the exchange goes a little something like this

PICTURE, if you will, A DRAB COUNCIL ESTATE SOMEWHERE NEAR SOMETHING THAT ENDS IN SHIRE OR CESTER OR CASTLE, TWO GENTLEMEN CLAD IN PUMA OR BURBERRY APPROACH A FEMALE WEARING NEON ACCESSORIES AND BEGIN A VICIOUS ROUSTING FOR HER PREVIOUS ABORTION UNTIL THE POLICE COME BY TO RIGHT THE WRONG!

shermanstick posted:

PICTURE, if you will, A DRAB COUNCIL ESTATE SOMEWHERE NEAR SOMETHING THAT ENDS IN SHIRE OR CESTER OR CASTLE, TWO GENTLEMEN CLAD IN PUMA OR BURBERRY APPROACH A FEMALE WEARING NEON ACCESSORIES AND BEGIN A VICIOUS ROUSTING FOR HER PREVIOUS ABORTION UNTIL THE POLICE COME BY TO RIGHT THE WRONG!

wrong tories.

babyfinland posted:

jools please ungas the bacon thread

this is not a joke

getfiscal posted:

shermanstick posted:

wrong tories.

okay, well obviously we all know reading comprehension isnt my strong suit