Ironicwarcriminal posted:

babyfinland posted:

why a brand over a king

The king has an absolutist, arbitrary authority and presence, whereas I can incorporate brands into my identity based on my own values and tastes.

the corporation has the same power only its politicized through the field of "economy" whereas under traditional monarchy that power is apolitical and sanctified through religion

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:
why a brand over a king
The king has an absolutist, arbitrary authority and presence, whereas I can incorporate brands into my identity based on my own values and tastes.

the corporation has the same power only its politicized through the field of "economy" whereas under traditional monarchy that power is apolitical and sanctified through religion

indeed, but i get to choose what corporations i associate with and my level of association with them, while the king i can't vocally disagree or disassociate myself with certain edicts or values without suffering severe repercussions.

I'm not arguing that it's not politicized power, but the scope for me as an individual to craft and build and project my own identity, and arguably build my own destiny, is far greater under capitalism than feudalism.

oh well feudalism and kingship are two seperable things but sure

you have almost no room to make your own identity under corporate power though. you submit to it and subsume your will with the corporate body. the Socialest workplace
IWC's position supports the yuri slezkine We Are All Jewish Now thesis
My people, if indeed I have one,...

babyfinland posted:

oh well feudalism and kingship are two seperable things but sure

you have almost no room to make your own identity under corporate power though. you submit to it and subsume your will with the corporate body. the Socialest workplace

But capitalism helps us recognize our identities, whether it be a goth, a gay, straight edge, a womanizer, a teetotaller, a sharp-suited spiv, a slacker, a hedonist, an intellectual, whatever.

You may argue that these are frivolous distinctions to cover up our universal complicity with the machine, but go to a NASCAR rally dressed like Marilyn manson and see what sort of social reaction you get.

What I’m getting at is that even under this supposed cultural jewish hegemony, these distinctions and identities are important because we imbue them with importance.
i'd argue that those are all politicized cultural apparati of a fundamental metaphysics whose prime characteristic is that of holocaust and gulag

babyfinland posted:

i'd argue that those are all politicized cultural apparati of a fundamental metaphysics whose prime characteristic is that of holocaust and gulag

that seems like a bit of a stretch

I’d argue that they are indeed all politicized cultural apparati. Not of some jewish metaphysics, but rather the human condition: our simple, primal need to “belong”. Cavemen had rituals and identities and a sense of self and place long before the Jews came along.

babyfinland posted:

I’d argue that they are indeed all politicized cultural apparati. Not of some jewish metaphysics, but rather the human condition: our simple, primal need to “belong”. Cavemen had rituals and identities and a sense of self and place long before the Jews came along.

ok well thats a specific ontological claim

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

ok well thats a specific ontological claim

I'm not claiming anything specific, i'm just saying that marketing and capitalism does indeed help us to determine our identities and does so pretty successfull

you've claimed that "man is a political animal" and that capitalism, based as it is on such premises, serves to facilitate the generation of "identities" as a ontological modality into which humanity can be politicized / incorporated. its circular
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:

you've claimed that "man is a political animal" and that capitalism, based as it is on such premises, serves to facilitate the generation of "identities" as a ontological modality into which humanity can be politicized / incorporated. its circular

that isn't what he said.

clarence you've had quite enough to drink, get me an ice cream sandwich and sit still the rest of the night

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Of course it's circular, a rhizzone if you will.

[account deactivated]
in what way is a king not a brand, what the hell kinda postmodernists are you guys anyhow
you, as an individual, can't choose your king
corporations are more analagous to lords or guilds than kings

you, as an individual, can't choose your king

the ability to choose ones own king is a very succinct definition of the postmodern imo, but i might be wrong