Thaaaats better

2pacalive posted:

its because pretty much everyone here is trash and the only remotely coherent people are people like you who probably think janice raymond is a wonderful author

cool thing is raymond actually set the framework for academic trans studies. her entire critique of the medicalization of identities (although misguided and vulgar in it's demonization of trans women) is the basis for sandy stone's posttransexual manifesto and the critique stone is making. it's funny raymond gets shitted on for being a shitty writer or author when her framework is the entire basis for transgender as a political category in our current moment.

Janice Raymond
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

For the Playboy Playmate, see Janice Raymond (model)

Janice G. Raymond (born January 24, 1943) is a feminist activist known for her work against violence, sexual exploitation and the "medical abuse" of women, as well as for her writings and activism against transsexualism.
she obviously goes about it in the most asinine and stupid way, but her arguments against the medical industry are fundamentally the same ones trans people make against the dsm and the ways in which doctors have complete control over their bodies. raymond literally argues that doctors controlling people's bodies is a bad thing. stone borrowed this argument and just redid it so that it was more inclusive to trans folks.
[account deactivated]
is it wrong of me to not want to know naythgin about Trans Theory
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the needs of the many,,,,, outweigh.... the needs of the few.... or of the one *tom arrives* fuck, nevermind
[account deactivated]
i feel like it has something to do with reincarnation ??
[account deactivated]
trans theory = in theory, thats a woman
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

stegosaurus posted:

thats fighting game level music, kyle

are you kidding me

unless thats a compliment

[account deactivated]
it sounds like you should be letting the music move your body all night on the dance floor.

tpaine posted:

what is transgender theory, what's the theory.

E = him pee scared

[account deactivated]
i hate when you meet a new girl and theres that long awkward phase where you dont know how racist she is yet
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Superabound posted:

i hate when you meet a new girl and theres that long awkward phase where you dont know how racist she is yet

at my job one of the first days i met someone she used the phrase "that would have been the White thing to do " i live in FLORIDA

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
whats the best place u ever been to tuppen
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

at my job one of the first days i met someone she used the phrase "that would have been the White thing to do " i live in FLORIDA

maybe you wer ebeing really oppressive + no rhythm and she was helping you check ur privielge

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
triggerfish twist
[account deactivated]