the present construction of the self is fundamentally a product of monotheistic ontology, so holding an atheist position is generally incoherent, and at best a silly placeholder for some future ontological reconfiguration. "belief" is so basic to the constitution of the self that it makes no sense to really debate it, questioning this belief is little more than a thought experiment or a pedantic vanity.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

tom are you seeing this

i see it tuppan

[account deactivated]
just look at it!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

lol you don't know a lot of modern fundamentalist christians if you think they are down with alcohol, but way to show us what's really important to you

yah my desire to have the freedom to continue engaging in harmless social drinking is really important to me cuz i said it was, nice detective work

babyfinland posted:

the present construction of the self is fundamentally a product of monotheistic ontology, so holding an atheist position is generally incoherent, and at best a silly placeholder for some future ontological reconfiguration. "belief" is so basic to the constitution of the self that it makes no sense to really debate it, questioning this belief is little more than a thought experiment or a pedantic vanity.

just dissolve the concept of the self and allow nihilism hth

[account deactivated]
it's a really bad av

tpaine posted:

why is social drinking harmless but drinking by yourself is alky territory. i never got this. also whats the deal with airplane peanuts

drinking alone is cool... you can only alienate people online! What's the harm in that

tpaine posted:

OK I READ THE THREAD AND I REGRET HAVING DONE SO

same, except for every thread

i just had two beers alone in front of this machine, and thinkin' about goin' for a third
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Is that the band who had all the blood wounds and gunshots and stiff at the MTV awards that one year
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Mudvayne
[account deactivated]
theres just something aesthetically awful and cheesy about bands like mudvayne
please dont speak about aesthetics aerdil. you're going to make me ill
good

Superabound posted:

babyfinland posted:

just dissolve the concept of the self and allow nihilism hth

lol

tpaine posted:

Meursault posted:

Mudvayne

lol

my friends old nu-metal band played with mudvayne a bunch of times

Meursault posted: