[account deactivated]

john doesnt see.....anything....anymore
man superabound really is the worst poster

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

I wonder who the "alternative comedians" think they're the alternative to as they endlessly populate their tv shows with each other and entire classes of groundlings and ucb go straight to SNL. But they don't do observational comedy and never liked andrew "dice" cl\ay so they must still be the cutting edge underground.

i like that whole cohort pretty much and wish them well but i was thinking about that the other day too. i'm trying to decide whether to go to any just for laughs things in montreal this week and most of it looks like bad. the people who used to be labelled alternative, like patton oswalt, cost $50+ a ticket. i think the alternative shows will probably be people like toddy barry still, who, as you said, is on louie, but like... i dunno. what else is there out there.

alternative just means they dont tour anywhere and just stay in college towns where their weak material wont get heckled

i avoid comedy clubs in uk because half of it is 'hey ever seen/did a thing?' and half is 'down with the tories' and while i know theres good acts in there somewhere im not gonna spend my weekends listening to 3 different bell-ends talk about traffic jams and women, theyre mad right, arent they, theyre bonkers
[account deactivated]

cleanhands posted:

i avoid comedy clubs in uk because half of it is 'hey ever seen/did a thing?' and half is 'down with the tories' and while i know theres good acts in there somewhere im not gonna spend my weekends listening to 3 different bell-ends talk about traffic jams and women, theyre mad right, arent they, theyre bonkers

oi, buncha windowlickers innit mate? pissed on 50p lager from asda having a larf at some council house tosser who nicked me bruv's mobile a fortnight past

[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

cleanhands posted:

oi, buncha windowlickers innit mate? pissed on 50p lager from asda having a larf at some council house tosser who nicked me bruv's mobile a fortnight past

umm no, uk standup is white ppl noise

well i guess the laughing at council house tossers bit is accurate
[account deactivated]

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

getfiscal posted:

if i were an urban comedian i would do a bit about how you can tell white people don't care about black people because they want to give africans nets. hey what do you need? how about a house. well okay how do you feel about a net. a fucking net. it cost $10. how about a high school. just a net. all they want to give you is a net.

now that guys alternative! He tried to make out with my friends, who are half or maybe a third his age. he likin the ladies!!

if i had access to crow and his friends, id choose Crow. id make out with Crow.
How many geezers can you fit in a lorry? 8 in the back and 3 in the counterpane! Oi oi oi oi

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

if i had access to crow and his friends, id choose Crow. id make out with Crow.