how do you look yourself in the mirror in the morning knowing that you still have literal royal families lmao
castles are farms for fun extra victims during revolutions
Q for non-american anglos

can you throw up out of your ears

Goethestein posted:

how do you look yourself in the mirror in the morning knowing that you still have literal royal families lmao

Well i weigh it against the fact i'm far less likely to be murdered, i can receive any kind of health care for free without being bankrupted, i have a political system that allows third parties to achieve some not inconsiderable influence, i have a decent public broadcaster that millions of my countrymen appreciate and isn't funded by the Ford Foundation, that my leader has to go into parliament every day and defend their policies rather than sitting in the white house like a little coward, and the fact that the royal family actually has no power to make or hinder policy.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

OI OI OI YA BLOOMIN POOFTA

Goethestein posted:

Well i weigh it against the fact i'm far less likely to be murdered, i can receive any kind of health care for free without being bankrupted, i have a political system that allows third parties to achieve some not inconsiderable influence, i have a decent public broadcaster that millions of my countrymen appreciate and isn't funded by the Ford Foundation, that my leader has to go into parliament every day and defend their policies rather than sitting in the white house like a little coward, and the fact that the royal family actually has no power to make or hinder policy.

that all sounds nice but otoh your backwards dungeons and dragons bullshit political system where your citizens still worship some old woman who never earned or accomplished anything and is descended from a line of murderous inbred criminal dictators

Goethestein posted:

Goethestein posted:

that all sounds nice but otoh your backwards dungeons and dragons bullshit political system where your citizens still worship some old woman who never earned or accomplished anything and is descended from a line of murderous inbred criminal dictators

it's kind of weirder that your people buy magazines and watch TV shows about their weddings and family dramas to be honest

[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

Goethestein posted:

it's kind of weirder that your people buy magazines and watch TV shows about their weddings and family dramas to be honest

ya.

never thought goat would be proud that his head of state is obama
in quebec there was once a party called parti 51 that campaigned to make quebec a state. imagine how fail those people probably were.

getfiscal posted:

never thought goat would be proud that his head of state is obama

daddy i'm fucking a colored - stanley ann dunham, 1960

[account deactivated]
Myabe they could change & combo with the alaska and hawaii independence parties and become Party 49 (cooler number)
or combine with most other national subunits in the world and the marijuana party and form parti 420

Goethestein posted:

I look normally, but then I turn to the camera and a little tear forms in my eye because I know that millions of yanks are oppressed by the title of nobility clause

Goethestein posted:

very carefully lol

more seriously we just accept that their easy lives of corruption and frivolity are a good investment that brings a disproportionate amount of the world's tourists our way, where we can skin them without pity or remorse

also its a good foil to all the propaganda about hard work and meritocracy weve been fed in the last 25 years, we are a people who live without illusions
could be worse, trust me.

cleanhands posted:

more seriously we just accept that their easy lives of corruption and frivolity are a good investment that brings a disproportionate amount of the world's tourists our way, where we can skin them without pity or remorse

also its a good foil to all the propaganda about hard work and meritocracy weve been fed in the last 25 years, we are a people who live without illusions

the british are the only people on earth who truly enjoy Schadenfreude directed at themselves

Goethestein posted:

your backwards dungeons and dragons bullshit political system

ah yes.. backwards indeed.. where civilization is a linear progression, and amerikkka is at the zenith. ya bloody pooftah.

entrenched aristocracy somehow seems preferable to a weird cult of brainless celebrity-royalty worship around whoever's most recently bought the oval office, it lets us direct our submission-to-authority tendencies into a convenient black hole that has no influence over the actual workings of society.. or at least theoretically doesn't

also, we can read and have semi functional civic discourse and don't lynch black people and idk

I'm in Seattle for the weekend and it's all just really loud conversations between strangers on the bus about sports. and have you ever seen an american newspaper being read? how do they even still exist
tldr: I don't need your war machines nor your ghetto scenes
im not in seattle this weekend
[account deactivated]
i dont know if you guys know this, but royal families are typically really rich and have vast subterranean holdings, like, cowabunga dude

Crow posted:

i dont know if you guys know this, but royal families are typically really rich and have vast subterranean holdings, like, cowabunga dude

theyre not holdings dude, theyre lairs. google david icke

drwhat posted:

have you ever seen an american newspaper being read? how do they even still exist

old people dont use craigslist basically

hollywood celebrities are american royalty
i read the newspaper err day at work you cretins
but thats the new york post

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i read the newspaper err day at work you cretins

doesn't the wind blow it up into your face, how do you keep it on the handlebars?

[account deactivated]
if britain is so great, why are they obsessed with our movies and shows and trends? royalty is quaint to an american. watching the royal wedding was like going to a cute little bed and breakfast, and we would kill ourselves if we had to stay there.
Version Thirteen: Klingon Bloodwine
18 quarts blood
1 quart blackstrap molasses
Ale yeast

Blending Instructions:
Heat 18 quarts of blood in a large cauldron. When the blood is hot, put 1 quart of blackstrap molasses into it. When it boils, skim it well, and continue skimming it, as long as any scum will rise. Let this boil one hour. Then set it to cool until it is blood-warm, and then put in a spoonful of Ale yeast.
When it is worked up, put it into a five gallon bottle with a vapour lock. Allow to ferment for about six
weeks, and then bottle it up. Age to taste.

Version Fourteen: Klingon Bloodwine
2 gallons of apple cider in two matching jugs
1 gaslock
sterilizer, bleach or iodine
1 packet of sherry yeast
1 rubber stopper with hole, that fits the jug
candy thermometer
3-4 gallon stock pot with lid
stirring devices
2.5 cups of sugar

Blending Instructions:
Go to a store and acquire a single gallon jug of apple cider/juice. (You are after the jug itself this trip.)
Drink said apple cider/juice. Choose your choice of sterilizing fluid. Bleach works but takes a lot of rinsing. Iodine is best.

Take the clean empty to a homebrew supplier and buy a stopper (with a hole) that fits the bottle, a gaslock, and at least 1 packet of yeast. (Iodine also if chosen.) (I use either sherry or champagne yeast.). Go to the same store and acquire a matching gallon jug of apple cider/juice. Make a batch of sterilizing fluid in your original gallon jug and let it sit for at least two minutes before pouring into another container. (It takes two minutes to sterilize with Iodine.). Cover the top of the jug with a clean, dry oversized plastic cup to avoid airflow and fallout.

Pour your apple cider/juice into a large pot and heat it to a minimum of 150 but never over 175. While heating place your stopper and disassembled gaslock into the sterilizing fluid to wait there until we need them. Place a little bit of water in the microwave and nuke it till it boils hard. Let it cool in the microwave until we need it.

Once at 150 stir in your sugar into the apple cider/juice to allow it to be sterilized. (.5 cups for dry to 1.5 cups for sweet cider/juice) Once you stir in the sugar put the stirring device in the sink to prevent casual re-use / contamination. Cool this as quickly as possibly by any means you can contrive that does NOT violate the sterility of the mixture. (I cover my pot and water cool with flowing water in the sink.). Once it is cool enough to return to the jug, then rinse out your jug thoroughly to eliminate any sterilizer left in it. Shake out any excess water too. Pour your now cooled cider/juice into the jug. Remember to sterilize your funnel (if used).

Quickly rinse off your stopper and gaslock, again shaking any water off of them. Assemble and "cork" the jug. Do NOT water the gaslock. Do put an oversized plastic cup over it to prevent airflow and fallout while there is no water in it. Allow your mix to reach room temperature. Once at room temperature, sterilize your yeast packet with an alcohol swab as well as your fingers. Carefully open the bag and pour into the cider/juice avoiding the sides/throat of the jug. Return dry gaslock to "stopper" the jug. Take your water out of the microwave and pour into the gaslock just enough for it to operate correctly. Mark the jug with the date 6 weeks from now. If today is Feb 27, then it gets marked April 10.

You can carefully decant the cider/juice but that usually still winds up getting sediment back into the cider/juice. I recommend getting an actual siphon tube from your brewshop and using it. Remember STERILIZE everything that touches the cider/juice. You can place it into another jug or bottle it. Bottling requires having bottles, caps and a capper. I recommend just keeping it in a jug and pouring whenever you want some. Experience has shown me that you MUST keep a gaslock on the jug. If you actually use a screwcap, somehow the cider gets infected.

Never let your gaslock get to high or too low on water. If it gets too low, bad bacteria can get in. If it gets to high, then it will suck potentially contaminating water into the cider/juice when you pull the gaslock. (Thus is why we start with sterile water.).

When it pretty much finishes bubbling, it is done. Then there is the question about it being too dry or too sweet. Those are personal preferences. So if it is too dry, add more sugar when you pour a cup. (short term solution) Or add more sugar and let it ferment again. Keep adding each time it quits and is too dry until you finally reach the capacity of the yeast. Then you can add more sugar without it starting again. (longer term solution) By keeping records of the additional sugar, you then have the information you need to put in the correct amount of sugar the first time.

Where this adjustment matters is personal preference as I mentioned. But it factors in to the "bloodwine" mix. Since I add grenadine syrup to the cider to colour it and give it a bit of a non-apple flavour that adds sweetness. Therefore you want to have a slightly dryer base cider to add the grenadine to. This is a trial and error proposition that you learn over time. For a sweeter cider, I use 3 1/8th quarts of sugar per 5 gallon batch. This is the same as 2.5 cups per gallon. Buying bulk, a 10 pound sack of sugar is fairly close (about a quart over) the target amount.

Klingon Firewine
Alcoholic

Version One: Klingon Firewine
50% Grain alcohol or Everclear
20 % Crystal
20% 151 Rum
10% Rumplemintz schnapps
Red Food color for look

Version Two: Klingon Firewine
5 gallons water
3 lbs Ginger root (whole, fresh)
1/2 lb habanero peppers
5 lbs sugar
1 tablespoon yeast (brewer's yeast is best) use sherry yeast
Brewing vessel. I use a five gallon GLASS water bottle

Blending Instructions:
Cut ginger into chunks. Place in large pot with water and boil for about 1/2 hour. Let cool, covered, for one hour, or until warm to the touch (make sure your hands are clean). Put sugar and yeast in brewing vessel add ginger root and 'broth' to brewing vessel (boil more water if necessary) put balloon on top of brewing vessel, and wait for it to expand and contract (about 3-4 weeks). Add peppers (save 4 or 5, freezing them is fine), seal bottle, and let age at least one month (the longer, the better). Carefully transfer to bottles (you don't want the sediment on the bottom), and add 1 pepper to bottle. The more you drink, the hotter it gets. If you feel the need to cut down the potency, cut with ginger ale.

If you use ginger powder, you have to filter it. I find fresh ginger works best.
Peppers; dried ones are fine, just don't use pickled ones. Jalapenos would work if you want to try it that way. The recipe is a modified ginger beer recipe, but for some reason, it doesn't burn as much when you drink it as wine, maybe the aging.

tpaine posted:

alternately, doesn't the john get mad when you're clearly not enjoying getting fucked?

Not me, I love it.