I know the reasons we all love, campaign for, and donate to Dr. Paul. He has promised to legalize marijuana, lower the price of video games thru the free market, and close down GITMO, but how often to newly instated POTUSI keep their promises? Can we get realistic here for a second and ask ourselves if Dr. Paul is the man of his word we all believe and want him to be? Besides the things stated above, what do some of you think will be his first act as POTUS?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-trice/gop-scared-ron-paul_b_1814846.html
a long nap
Trying to chase down a fleet-footed fleeing Obama with letters of marque
shart he jorts
he'll bring our very own fbi informant baby finland home (god bless, it'll be good to see your family again)
[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

that thing would give you a few "babies in the incubator" if you know what i mean

HenryKrinkle posted:

now thats a border you DONT want to head for!

[account deactivated]
go drifting on roads he wont pave
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
His first act would be a complete 180° on his foreign policy and annex Canada. He would then make me vice president and we would listen to this all the time:

And thats the United States we would create

Edited by hey ()

ron paul is in mourning because an important figure in libertarianism died. RIP schiffydick

RIP to those who died.
schiffydick, born 1985, died 2012 of fail aids. amen
The Schiffydick Memorial Institute is a non-for-profit organization dedicated to science-based and market-oriented advocacy on raw milk issues.
do a line of coke
One of my facebook friends posted a non-ironic link to a Thomas Friedman editorial and was like "This is what we need to see more of" and there was a like 50 hidden comments and the two at the bottom were both like 200 words long and one had a link to cato.org article

Meursault posted:

RIP to those who died.

HenryKrinkle posted:

at some point these lsot their novelty to me and they just seem like normal now

babyfinland posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

at some point these lsot their novelty to me and they just seem like normal now

I don’t think it’s you, it’s just that the homogenization of globalization is robbing us of our reflexive “lol foreigners” reaction

Like 30 years ago if you saw a Chinese KFC ad you’d be like “LOL look at them trying to ape the west” but now it’s just like “so what, they’re letting the Chinese consumer-populace know what products are available”

Like the idea of gulf arabs wanting to sample exciting tex mex flavours on a mass-consumption level just strikes me as perfectly normal and rational and that’s a bit sad.

Also there’s gonna be an environmental holocaust from the global rise in demand for beef but eh…
def heard that dude say 'otaku bell'

discipline posted:

his first act as POTUS will be to figure out a medical device that shuts down fertility if I'm raped

bro, he's not against women's rights. this is ron paul we're talking about here and quite frankly, you maligning him so badly really boils my blood. you should apologize to the good doctor.

i knew this crust punk kid who really liked ron paul and he was sperging about the gold standard and he thought we had enough gold to back our money but just chose not to lol he also called me a "coffeeshop scarf Hipster" for having a macbook that guy was cool as heck
[account deactivated]
The gold standard arose because people used to trade directly in gold and silver but eventually came to prefer more convenient bank notes which represented vault-deposited metals.

The standard was actually anti-market because rather than allowing the price of gold to fluctuate naturally based on market forces, they would price fix by law an ounce of gold as being worth a certain amount of dollars. This didn't really work, as bank lending creates money, so they had to keep updating the dollar value to be a closer approximation until they finally abandoned the pretense with the Nixon Shock in 1971.

Gold was used for international exchange between governments, which resulted in the Great Depression spreading from America to the rest of the world.

Thank you, joel.

Alyosha posted:

The gold standard arose because people used to trade directly in gold and silver but eventually came to prefer more convenient bank notes which represented vault-deposited metals.

The standard was actually anti-market because rather than allowing the price of gold to fluctuate naturally based on market forces, they would price fix by law an ounce of gold as being worth a certain amount of dollars. This didn't really work, as bank lending creates money, so they had to keep updating the dollar value to be a closer approximation until they finally abandoned the pretense with the Nixon Shock in 1971.

Gold was used for international exchange between governments, which resulted in the Great Depression spreading from America to the rest of the world.

that's not what the bible says