come along bort
help i let a dude jizz in my front hole and now i gots to commit homicide to avoid the obvious consequences
Are there any arguments for abortion that aren't explicitly based on Enlightenment ideas, it's kind of funny seeing those uncritically thrown around on the Rhizzone

Groulxsmith posted:

Are there any arguments for abortion that aren't explicitly based on Enlightenment ideas, it's kind of funny seeing those uncritically thrown around on the Rhizzone

Hosea 9:11-16
Numbers 5:11-28
Numbers 31:17
Hosea 13:16
2 Kings 15:16

all pre-Enlightenment

Groulxsmith posted:

discipline posted:

it's cool how christians have more conservative views of abortion now than they had in the 15th century

anti-abortion laws or politicking are almost always functionally anti-woman but i really don't believe that there is anything intrinsically hard to understand about why some people hold legitimate pro-life beliefs

only in the third trimester

Groulxsmith posted:

the spartans committed infanticide and sparta was the ideal society, imo

i support restrictions on abortion when necessary, like when stalin commands it.

Groulxsmith posted:

Are there any arguments for abortion that aren't explicitly based on Enlightenment ideas

goatstein is procreating

i support restrictions on third trimester abortion because at that point the fetus has a functional CNS.
abortion is illegal or sharply restricted in a lot of countries and it turns out that not every single woman ends up bleeding to death in an alleyway?

Groulxsmith posted:

islamic law has a variety of opinions on it and most of them argue against abortion as a general rule, but there are perfectly valid opinions that hold that prior to ensoulment of the fetus (i.e. first trimester), abortion is permissible. abortion is widely considered acceptable (amongst scholars, mind you) when it threatens the woman's life or well-being, in cases of rape, deformities/mental retardation/etc.

nice ableism there, islam.
third trimester abortions are mostly done in cases that are either hazardous to the health of the mother and/or in cases of severe fetal deformities in which the baby would die soon after being born anyways.

so i don't want to ban third trimester abortions but it is somewhat easier to see why others oppose it.

getfiscal posted:

abortion is illegal or sharply restricted in a lot of countries and it turns out that not every single woman ends up bleeding to death in an alleyway?

yeah they do, just not always from self-administered abortions

[account deactivated]